Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There will be no champions this year and that’s ok isn’t it?
    In the year that Tropical Storm Irene hit CT and Man U beat Arsenal 8-2 in August, there was a state champion and it was Glastonbury. In the year that Tropical Storm Isaias hit CT and Bayern beat Barcelona 8-2 in August, there won't be a state champion but there does at least need to be a champion of some sort at regional level if we are going to take the slight risk and go ahead and play. And hopefully in the CCC region, it will be Glastonbury.

Comment

In the year that Tropical Storm Irene hit CT and Man U beat Arsenal 8-2 in August, there was a state champion and it was Glastonbury. In the year that Tropical Storm Isaias hit CT and Bayern beat Barcelona 8-2 in August, there won't be a state champion but there does at least need to be a champion of some sort at regional level if we are going to take the slight risk and go ahead and play. And hopefully in the CCC region, it will be Glastonbury.
      and he's back,,

Comment

How do scores from pro clubs relate in any way to your point? Come to think of it, what is your point Rainman?

Comment

Find a pro or college team to follow dude. Keeping tabs on HS girls teams without having a vested interest is creepy.
          Being an alumnus of the school I support isn't reason enough to have a vested interest?

Kind of hard to find a pro team to follow in that sport when the only NWSL franchise in New England no longer exists. And even when that franchise did exist, the Breakers were a model of futility on the field in the NWSL era. As a result, the fanbase including myself became disinterested and ticket sales plummeted, giving the team no choice but to fold.

Comment

Being an alumnus of the school I support isn't reason enough to have a vested interest?

Kind of hard to find a pro team to follow in that sport when the only NWSL franchise in New England no longer exists. And even when that franchise did exist, the Breakers were a model of futility on the field in the NWSL era. As a result, the fanbase including myself became disinterested and ticket sales plummeted, giving the team no choice but to fold.
            Hey... if you wanna watch a bunch of teenage girls play boot and chase, that's your right. It's still creepy.

Comment

How do scores from pro clubs relate in any way to your point? Come to think of it, what is your point Rainman?
              If the scores from pro clubs that repeated were any common soccer score, like 2-1 or 3-2 for example, then there would be nothing strange about it whatsoever and it wouldn't relate in any way to my point.

If the scores from pro clubs were both 8-2 and in both cases one club involved was clearly six goals better than the other one on paper, then there would be nothing strange about it either.

But when an oddball score/shocking result like that happens twice in big time games where the teams were evenly matched on paper, and both years that it happened a tropical storm starting with I came along that month, then you have to start asking questions. And the only reason this year's 8-2 happened in August and it lined up with the storm was, of course, because the coronavirus moved the UCL to August. Otherwise it would have happened back in April or May.

The reason it relates to HS is because in 2011 after those events happened in August, there was no CCC champion that year but there was a state champion. This year, it could end up being just the opposite- there won't be a state champ but there just might actually be a CCC champ! If the shortened season happens this fall, of course.

Comment

If the scores from pro clubs that repeated were any common soccer score, like 2-1 or 3-2 for example, then there would be nothing strange about it whatsoever and it wouldn't relate in any way to my point.

If the scores from pro clubs were both 8-2 and in both cases one club involved was clearly six goals better than the other one on paper, then there would be nothing strange about it either.

But when an oddball score/shocking result like that happens twice in big time games where the teams were evenly matched on paper, and both years that it happened a tropical storm starting with I came along that month, then you have to start asking questions. And the only reason this year's 8-2 happened in August and it lined up with the storm was, of course, because the coronavirus moved the UCL to August. Otherwise it would have happened back in April or May.

The reason it relates to HS is because in 2011 after those events happened in August, there was no CCC champion that year but there was a state champion. This year, it could end up being just the opposite- there won't be a state champ but there just might actually be a CCC champ! If the shortened season happens this fall, of course.
                So in other words, your last sentence is your point and everything else is irrelevant ramblings. Got it

Comment

Sweet Jesus help this poor guy

Comment

You’re somewhat nutty.

Comment

Sweet Jesus help this poor guy
                      Nope. You got it wrong. If all the connections I have made are based on pure facts, then it is the sequence of events happening the way they did that was weird, not me.

But now that we've discussed them enough, I agree that it is time to get the thread back on topic. A partial schedule for Staples boys has been released, and it includes Danbury twice. Their first two games scheduled are against Danbury in fact. They have doubleheaders against each of their opponents. But Staples' schedule for the girls side is not up yet as of this morning.

Comment

Nope. You got it wrong. If all the connections I have made are based on pure facts, then it is the sequence of events happening the way they did that was weird, not me.

But now that we've discussed them enough, I agree that it is time to get the thread back on topic. A partial schedule for Staples boys has been released, and it includes Danbury twice. Their first two games scheduled are against Danbury in fact. They have doubleheaders against each of their opponents. But Staples' schedule for the girls side is not up yet as of this morning.
                        You’re the creepy guy with no kids of his own right?

Comment

DHS Blue Wave girls beat New Canaan 2-1.

Comment

Best player on the field in SJ game vs Trumbull showed everyone who was the boss today. Welcome to big girl soccer.

Comment

Best player on the field in SJ game vs Trumbull showed everyone who was the boss today. Welcome to big girl soccer.
                              Ah, I see where you’re going with this. This is what they call trolling folks.

Comment

So much stuff going on there...sad. Been building for years...came out on the worst stage possible today. Unfortunate for all involved - in different ways. Just real.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X