Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Superliga

Any info on Superliga for the fall? I hear they may be a no-go in the fall, but wondering if any of the board members that deal with Superliga directly know any more. I understand that this causes insurance issues for the associations so towns would have difficulty assembling teams and scheduling friendlies against other towns on their own. I'm sure everything is up in the air at this point, but hoping Superliga hasn't already thrown in the towel.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any info on Superliga for the fall? I hear they may be a no-go in the fall, but wondering if any of the board members that deal with Superliga directly know any more. I understand that this causes insurance issues for the associations so towns would have difficulty assembling teams and scheduling friendlies against other towns on their own. I'm sure everything is up in the air at this point, but hoping Superliga hasn't already thrown in the towel.
    Have a friend on our board. As of this past weekend, he said he hasn't heard a peep from SuperLiga.

Comment

Right now planning is underway as if we will have a season. Insurance is something clubs can work out directly with Soccer RI if necessary. Superliga does not get involved with player insurance.

Comment

Right now planning is underway as if we will have a season. Insurance is something clubs can work out directly with Soccer RI if necessary. Superliga does not get involved with player insurance.
        If you're with SuperLiga, could you please send some kind of an update to coordinators? If for no other reason than to allow them to get word to families that at least something is being planned.

Comment

If you're with SuperLiga, could you please send some kind of an update to coordinators? If for no other reason than to allow them to get word to families that at least something is being planned.
          Yes please. The board members are clueless and the families are receiving no information. I hear registration numbers are down by about 2/3 in my town so far, even though no one will be charged until there is more info in August. Positive info from Superliga may help boost confidence to register.

Comment

I was told no decisions will be made until July 20 earlier as many are on vacation until then.
            I heard games are happening in RI as long as teams stay in state. Added safety precautions like the clubs. I also have heard some towns travel teams might decide to opt out and not participate this fall while others are competing.One town thinking of opting out and sitting this season out is Tiverton. This is all just hearsay but through coaches.... Most towns are planning tryouts soon and moving forward with planning a travel season. I hope we double up games as one poster suggested. Playing the "home"and "away' game back to back, same teams playing twice on the same day with a 30 minute break between games. Who knows.

Comment

Coventry threw in the towel. No Superliga, only rec. Whose playing and takes out of town players?

Comment

Coventry threw in the towel. No Superliga, only rec. Whose playing and takes out of town players?
                There will be no Superliga or Club season.
                Towns will do rec , club teams will practice in the fall but no games.

There is no way NEP/ECNL/EDP will play when their league has teams from NH, Maine, Mass , RI and Conn.

The policy demands stable groups. You can't play other teams and call it stable.

There is already talks about no high school and middle school soccer in RI and Mass. Collages will move their season to Spring or cancel until next year.

It is not rocket science people.

Comment

The stable group rule is ridiculous. So, a kid plays in a stable group at club practice, another with his town team, does some small group training with another group, goes to school on the bus with a stable group, sits in class with a stable group, hangs out after school with another stable group.

When he plays a soccer game he has maybe 3 minutes of out door close contact with kids from a different stable group...What a freaking joke!

Comment

The stable group rule is ridiculous. So, a kid plays in a stable group at club practice, another with his town team, does some small group training with another group, goes to school on the bus with a stable group, sits in class with a stable group, hangs out after school with another stable group.

When he plays a soccer game he has maybe 3 minutes of out door close contact with kids from a different stable group...What a freaking joke!
                    Hmm. So, what’s your point? Your kid doesn’t get enough close contact in soccer, so he should play more sports?

Comment

Hmm. So, what’s your point? Your kid doesn’t get enough close contact in soccer, so he should play more sports?
                      I think the point is that it's all healthcare kabuki, done more for "optics" than for actual effectiveness. Look at what Europe is doing, then look at the politically driven sh!tshow going on over here.

Comment

"Done more for optics" is the perfect description of what's going on.

Comment

We’re in a pretty different place, pandemic-wise, than Europe right now.

Comment

So as a parent show some judgment and pick one, it's not rocket science. Or go ahead and sign your kid up for all six and increase the risk. It's your choice.

Comment

Nah the poster above was correct. The whole concept of stable groups is not to protect your kids or your family that is what we are being sold. the stable groups are so the Dept of Health has an easier time tracking clusters and doing contract tracing. So do as much and whatever you want the best thing to do is really the basics:
                              wear a mask (not while playing), wash your hands, stay home when ill, and use the Crush Covid app tor write down all the places you've been.
                              The stable groups is so flawed.
                              Go to sailing camp in the AM, one group, go to soccer at night, second group, visit your cousins, new group, playdate with friends... We are all moving and mixing so let's stop putting emphasis on a flawed idea in school or sports. Emphasize hygiene, and common sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X