Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not quite. The parents who are for playing don't really care one way or another if some choose to not play. The parents who are against playing don't want their kids missing out on anything, so they don't want ANYONE to play. If their little Suzie can't play, then by god, your kid can't either.
    Honestly it comes down to parents incessant need to have control (on both sides of the argument). Both camps want it a certain way and won’t budge. And neither camp has an ounce of control over the outcome.

Comment

Honestly it comes down to parents incessant need to have control (on both sides of the argument). Both camps want it a certain way and won’t budge. And neither camp has an ounce of control over the outcome.
      Honestly, I see it as the earlier poster commented. "If my kid doesn't play, I don't want anyone playing as they may get better than my kid". I see the same thing with school. The mentality is "If my kid is going to have distance learning, I don't wan any kids in school as they may get ahead of my kid."

Everyone has a preference, go with it. Stop bothering others about their choices.

Comment

COVID-19 strokes hitting younger, low-risk patients

A large study of strokes associated with COVID-19 found that many strokes occur in relatively young people without risk factors, the Multinational COVID-19 Stroke Study Group reported on Friday ahead of peer review. Researchers in 32 countries identified 432 COVID-19 patients with strokes caused either by blocked blood flow to the brain - called ischemic strokes - or by blood hemorrhage in the brain. Among those with ischemic strokes, more than one-third had no coronavirus symptoms. About one in four had none of the traditional risk factors for stroke - such as heart disease, high blood pressure or smoking - and more than one-third were under age 55. Among patients with hemorrhagic stroke, 70% had "spontaneous" bleeding not explained by breaks in weakened artery walls. Usually, spontaneous bleeding accounts for only 15% of hemorrhagic strokes. Strokes were more severe in patients without typical risk factors. A separate study published on Saturday in the Journal of Neurology looking at people who do have the most significant stroke risk factors - either a previous stroke, or diseased arteries - found they have high rates of poor COVID-19 outcomes and should take "extra precautions" during the pandemic. (https://bi****/3kwdDWc; https://bi****/31HgCSW)

Comment

Honestly, I see it as the earlier poster commented. "If my kid doesn't play, I don't want anyone playing as they may get better than my kid". I see the same thing with school. The mentality is "If my kid is going to have distance learning, I don't wan any kids in school as they may get ahead of my kid."

Everyone has a preference, go with it. Stop bothering others about their choices.
          Right, everyone does have a preference and that’s fine. What I was saying is that our preferences don’t matter as we are not the ones making the decisions. The reality is that those decisions around return to school and sports will ultimately be made for us by state leadership.

Comment

NEP schedules are posted. Time for the Super Liga to get something going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X