Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    is it true that barca fielded a team with mainly "06" players to go toe to toe with 05 national champions?
    It’s true but who cares....I’m sure that Barca team could lose to a bunch of 07s on any given Sunday. So no biggie that they upset the 05 world champs in a fluke game, it happens that’s life.

Comment

It’s true but who cares....I’m sure that Barca team could lose to a bunch of 07s on any given Sunday. So no biggie that they upset the 05 world champs in a fluke game, it happens that’s life.

Who cares?

We've got dozens of threads across this site all trashing individual teams/clubs/leagues purely on results. As soon as the sainted PDA Blue is mentioned....welll hoooold off now...results suddenly don't matter and it's a "fluke" game.

Friggin' hyppocrites.

Comment

Who cares?

We've got dozens of threads across this site all trashing individual teams/clubs/leagues purely on results. As soon as the sainted PDA Blue is mentioned....welll hoooold off now...results suddenly don't matter and it's a "fluke" game.

Friggin' hyppocrites.
        Exactly! That PDA team was completely out played. Yet we hear every excuse in the book as to why it shouldn’t matter. European soccer is much better than the US pay to play

Comment

If PDA got beat by Barca, imagine what would happen to most other teams.

Comment

Exactly! That PDA team was completely out played. Yet we hear every excuse in the book as to why it shouldn’t matter. European soccer is much better than the US pay to play
            The way I heard it, that PDA team had to deal with a level of adversity that would make any mere mortal crumble. It was hot, they had long travel, it was humid, they just starting playing after HS, the competition was set up for the international teams, their fans were mean, the refs were bad, 75% of the team had Covid, Suzie was upset at her boyfriend, the fields were crappy, the hotel wifi was poor, pretty certain Andres Iniesta was seen poisoning their food, the ball wasn't regulation size, and even still....they totally dominated Barca.

Comment

If PDA got beat by Barca, imagine what would happen to most other teams.
              Not just beat. Totally out-classed. This game is available on Youtube if anyone is interested. I had hoped that PDA coaches (and other US coaches) would learn a lesson. But, it sounds like they are more interested in their marketing b.s. and have gone around calling it a bad day, fluke win, etc. Shame!

Comment

Not just beat. Totally out-classed. This game is available on Youtube if anyone is interested. I had hoped that PDA coaches (and other US coaches) would learn a lesson. But, it sounds like they are more interested in their marketing b.s. and have gone around calling it a bad day, fluke win, etc. Shame!
                I hope the kids enjoyed the moment and the win on a well deserved victory. I am sure they will build off of that win and are getting ready for their next match. Now, it’s time to give you a “reality check “. The way you are going on and on makes it sound like you were the 12th player. Here is the future. This was a 9th grade win? By the time these two teams are in 11th grade the vast majority will (hopefully) grow as players and the ECNL players will probably be 2/3 committed to playing in college and you will become bitter and made because you are going to keep pointing back to this one match that you will keep playing over in your head and will be on continuous play on YouTube. How many times have you watched it so far? A dozen times? US Coaches make plenty of mistakes but they are smarter than you. Here you are giving them lessons anonymous person.

Comment

06 FC Virginia 14 - Sporting Delaware 0....nice “balanced” league...how do they allow these teams are there no standards. It’s amazing what a pay to play set up this is. Must find a way to allow just the best teams in not just the clubs that can field teams at all age groups and have connections. Beating teams by lopsided scores does no one any good not even for FCV.

Comment

06 FC Virginia 14 - Sporting Delaware 0....nice “balanced” league...how do they allow these teams are there no standards. It’s amazing what a pay to play set up this is. Must find a way to allow just the best teams in not just the clubs that can field teams at all age groups and have connections. Beating teams by lopsided scores does no one any good not even for FCV.
                    Maybe if PDA would of allowed FC Virginia into ECNL were they belong they wouldn’t be playing lower level teams. Apparently FC Virginia is a threat to the great PDA! To many top clubs not playing where they should be. The only reason is the super club 3 ECNL teams PDA.

Comment

I hope the kids enjoyed the moment and the win on a well deserved victory. I am sure they will build off of that win and are getting ready for their next match. Now, it’s time to give you a “reality check “. The way you are going on and on makes it sound like you were the 12th player. Here is the future. This was a 9th grade win? By the time these two teams are in 11th grade the vast majority will (hopefully) grow as players and the ECNL players will probably be 2/3 committed to playing in college and you will become bitter and made because you are going to keep pointing back to this one match that you will keep playing over in your head and will be on continuous play on YouTube. How many times have you watched it so far? A dozen times? US Coaches make plenty of mistakes but they are smarter than you. Here you are giving them lessons anonymous person.
                      I'm not commenting about any kids, just lamenting the sad state of youth soccer coaching. However, it's clear that I can't help you here.

Upton Sinclair:
                      "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Comment

I'm not commenting about any kids, just lamenting the sad state of youth soccer coaching. However, it's clear that I can't help you here.

Upton Sinclair:
                        "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
                        Sad state is an understatement very few and far coaches that truly care a lot of them sell you a bunch of stuff you want to hear. My daughter’s coach kept telling us that she’s getting looks from college coaches they are interested etc. when we dug a bit further we found out that was all bs just to keep stringing us along. No details given.....

Comment

Standards? What standards? Sporting DE was formed in April after splitting Kirkwood from DEFC. What standard of excellence did they have other than a nice complex? And lets be serious for a minute....They let LISC and Ukies in but not Real. That should have said right there that they standards were low and territories would be kept.

Comment

Maybe if PDA would of allowed FC Virginia into ECNL were they belong they wouldn’t be playing lower level teams. Apparently FC Virginia is a threat to the great PDA! To many top clubs not playing where they should be. The only reason is the super club 3 ECNL teams PDA.
                            What would PDA have to be scared of? FCV would have played in the Mid-Atlantic region with the rest of Virginia while PDA plays in Northeast and New England Regions depending on if you are blue or white.

Comment

Standards? What standards? Sporting DE was formed in April after splitting Kirkwood from DEFC. What standard of excellence did they have other than a nice complex? And lets be serious for a minute....They let LISC and Ukies in but not Real. That should have said right there that they standards were low and territories would be kept.
                              Correct, they should let the best teams in the new DE team is worthy of EDP Div 3 if that. They are so much worse than the old DE club across the board.

Comment

Thoughts

All everyone should care about is what their superstars are doing. If you worry about what club is in what league then you are very insecure where your kid is playing. If my kid is getting better season to season then she’s at the correct club. Where we spend our $$$ is our business not some Dad living life through his kid. One more tip, If your kid isn’t have fun take her somewhere she’ll enjoy herself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X