Rapinoe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joy. Another ****hole to discuss a political topic that has nothing to do with soccer in MA. I don't understand the need to make this your soapbox. There are tons of other places to discuss this type of thing.

Comment

I find the presumption by some that kneeling during the anthem, not as an act of free expression, but an act of virtue, altruism, and social justice, is more helpful than harmful. Dismissing that the inverse might be true for all sorts of reasons demonstrates a lack of critical thinking.

You can believe in spite of this country's stature in the world, it can strive to be better (haven't we always?). You can believe race and gender are among the areas warranting our attention. You can also believe this or Black Lives Matter or Occupy Wall Street, to varying degrees, are massive failures for their causes, right out of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Joy. Another ****hole to discuss a political topic that has nothing to do with soccer in MA. I don't understand the need to make this your soapbox. There are tons of other places to discuss this type of thing.
        Seconded.

Comment

Seconded.
          When you clicked on a thread with the title "Rapinoe" - What did you expect to find?

Comment

The "Protest Movement" culture has lost its way when lazy attacks on unifying symbols and traditions supplant meaningful action to effect change. Rosa Parks didn't spit on the flag, she took action against a tangible racist policy. The Stonewall protesters didn't confuse the need to take action to achieve social justice with an urge to trample symbols of their nation. When I try to understand why the QB (and now WNT imitator) annoy me, I keep coming back to this stupid example: When I look in the mirror and see that I'm fat, I don't stage a protest against myself for eating too much. What I do is eat less and exercise more. Isn't it the same for a nation striving to achieve greatness? Do the hard work required to make things better, don't throw pot shots at yourself.

Comment

Sorry to distract from the riveting discussion on other threads. Your club Sux, BTDT Sux, HS Sux, DAP is a joke, ECNL Sux,

Comment

I'd say 99% of you folks on here, aren't black/gay ( ok maybe gay) and don't get why they are kneeling...No harm done.. move on and let them continue to peacefully protest

Comment

Barb's life matters!

Comment

When you clicked on a thread with the title "Rapinoe" - What did you expect to find?
                    A thread that indeed belonged in a different subforum of this website.

Comment

Harambe would stand

Comment

I'd say 99% of you folks on here, aren't black/gay ( ok maybe gay) and don't get why they are kneeling...No harm done.. move on and let them continue to peacefully protest
                        If their protest is offensive to the vast majority of Americans, can you really make the claim that it's peaceful?
                        They're looking for a reaction. If they want to continue to protest this way, they will continue to get a reaction. Perhaps the protesters should just move on.

Comment

My son didn't win the starting QB spot on his HS football team even though he is a better player. I'm going to advise him to kneel during the National Anthem to show his disapproval. It's his constitutional right and I'm sure there are many HS backups that would appreciate his drawing attention to the problem.

Comment

My son didn't win the starting QB spot on his HS football team even though he is a better player. I'm going to advise him to kneel during the National Anthem to show his disapproval. It's his constitutional right and I'm sure there are many HS backups that would appreciate his drawing attention to the problem.
                            I'm sure his coach will be very supportive.

Comment

Really funny, that's not the point. What about the white runner who supported the 2 black olympic athletes while they protested with a raised fist in the 60's? Was he a DB? No, that took courage. Everyone has a right and a choice to their own opinion and how they navigate the world. Hopefully, more people will navigate their experience with empathy and a willingness to stand for social justice. When you are old and in the twilight of your life, I hope you don't look back regretting. That is a true definition of hell.

Comment

Harambe would stand
                                Well, he would have stood, if he could.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X