Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blowouts in Girls Soccer

Several teams are putting up big numbers against inferior teams. EB wins 9-0 against a very bad middleboro team. The last coach had no problem letting her players embarrass others teams. I guess a coaching change doesn't matter when a parent wields so much influence in the program. Other teams have put up similar results Bishop Feehan won 9-0 not very sportsmanlike in my opinion.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Several teams are putting up big numbers against inferior teams. EB wins 9-0 against a very bad middleboro team. The last coach had no problem letting her players embarrass others teams. I guess a coaching change doesn't matter when a parent wields so much influence in the program. Other teams have put up similar results Bishop Feehan won 9-0 not very sportsmanlike in my opinion.
    BB will run up the score all year

Comment

Unless you were there and watched how the coaches managed the game, you may want to STFU.

Did the coach sub early and often? You don't know, do you?

Did the subs come in and score 3 or 4 of the goals? You don't know, do you?

Did the coach move players around, have them play possession, play negative frequently? You don't know, do you?

Did the losing coach pull his keeper for an underclassman, who let a couple of long, soft shots get through to add to the score? You don't know, do?

The scoreline is a tiny part of the overall picture. You're just not smart enough to understand that, though.

Comment

Unless you were there and watched how the coaches managed the game, you may want to STFU.

Did the coach move players around, have them play possession, play negative frequently? You don't know, do you?

Did the losing coach pull his keeper for an underclassman, who let a couple of long, soft shots get through to add to the score? You don't know, do?

The scoreline is a tiny part of the overall picture. You're just not smart enough to understand that, though.
        That's certainly not BB's MO

Comment

BB is a massive tool. Always has been. Always will be. Guy literally thinks of himself as God's gift to soccer. What did you expect?

Comment

My son's team lost 13-0 and it was 10-0 at half time. The team we played was head and shoulders above our team and the other team took the foot off the gas in 2nd half. What does the team do when they are that much better? My daughter's team lost 7-1 and I don't fault the other team. We live in a town where most kids do not play club and we are playing against towns that are 100% club players. The boys don't even have a JV team.....not enough players.

Not sure what you expect a team to do....

Comment

My son's team lost 13-0 and it was 10-0 at half time. The team we played was head and shoulders above our team and the other team took the foot off the gas in 2nd half. What does the team do when they are that much better? My daughter's team lost 7-1 and I don't fault the other team. We live in a town where most kids do not play club and we are playing against towns that are 100% club players. The boys don't even have a JV team.....not enough players.

Not sure what you expect a team to do....
              Congrats. You have a reasonable perspective on these types of situations. I tire of people reflexively screaming "BAD SPORTSMANSHIP!" every time a score gets close to double digits. Sometimes it's absolutely an indication of bad sportsmanship, but every situation is unique. As long as the coaches are aware of the score and adjusting appropriately, big score differentials should not be that big a deal.

Comment

Congrats. You have a reasonable perspective on these types of situations. I tire of people reflexively screaming "BAD SPORTSMANSHIP!" every time a score gets close to double digits. Sometimes it's absolutely an indication of bad sportsmanship, but every situation is unique. As long as the coaches are aware of the score and adjusting appropriately, big score differentials should not be that big a deal.
                This is HS. 100% agree. Players get over it awful quick and some it even motivates to practice harder. It's the losing parents who can't handle it. Get over it. It is not bad sportsmanship! Very rarely is that the case. Sometimes teams just suck no matter what you do. Solution is AD not schedule to play them again next year. I'm sure most coaches would make that request. PC police in full force......next thing we'll have soccer safe fields where goals are not allowed.

Comment

Stfu? Opinions not necessary in EB. They will keep scoring until MV gets her Goals then her dad can tell BB to take his foot off the gas.

Comment

This is HS. 100% agree. Players get over it awful quick and some it even motivates to practice harder. It's the losing parents who can't handle it. Get over it. It is not bad sportsmanship! Very rarely is that the case. Sometimes teams just suck no matter what you do. Solution is AD not schedule to play them again next year. I'm sure most coaches would make that request. PC police in full force......next thing we'll have soccer safe fields where goals are not allowed.
                    Or Turf free of cancer causing carcinogens?

Comment

Or Turf free of cancer causing carcinogens?
                      Face it, you're obviously not that concerned, or you wouldn't let your kid get anywhere near an artificial turf field.

Comment

Face it, you're obviously not that concerned, or you wouldn't let your kid get anywhere near an artificial turf field.
                        Spans much more than soccer

I'd be much more weary for football players on that junk

Comment

It can be difficult as well to put your subs in and tell them to stop playing. The kids want to play and score goals. You wouldn't tell a basketball team to stop shooting or a football team to stop scoring. Soccer parents are rich babies who can't take a beating! If I'm on the other end of one I use it as a teaching tool. I typically shake the other coaches hand and tell him or her thanks for the lesson.

Comment

And in reality with HS you really don't have a choice of who you play (other than preseason scrimmages). We've got one in our bracket that wins maybe 1 game a year, two is exceptional. But they're in it year after year, coach and players always trying, never giving up. Our teams always know they'll win and don't try to run up the score, but admire their good sportsmanship and effort. Still a good lesson for all.

Comment

Spans much more than soccer

I'd be much more weary for football players on that junk
                              or keepers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X