Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    W T F are you smoking because I'd love to get some. Athletic scholarship funds on the men's side are a pittance. If you get $15-$20 K knocked off a year for two years you're doing well. Most get much less than that. It isn't at all like on the women's side.
    On women's side they generally range from 50-80% because the scholarship limit is so much higher.

Comment

On women's side they generally range from 50-80% because the scholarship limit is so much higher.
      Precisely. On the men's side it's virtually non-existent and many times you can get more merit $ than athletic 9and merit sticks with you all four years). Every bit helps but the poster claiming parents will have saved 100's of thousands is either high or telling a bad joke

Comment

Except you kid ain't going to Willuams or Amherst. The only thing Brandies or Tufts shares with those schools is they are all D3. Some of you are like the people who own the cheapest house in Wellesley. You have to know your neighbors look down their noses at you. Just because you share something in common it doesn't mean you are on the same level.
        Brandeis and Tufts are different kinds of schools than Williams and Amherst. They are small universities, whereas the latter two are small colleges. Tufts and Brandeis have graduate programs and a much larger selection of majors to choose from than Williams and Amherst.

Comment

Precisely. On the men's side it's virtually non-existent and many times you can get more merit $ than athletic 9and merit sticks with you all four years). Every bit helps but the poster claiming parents will have saved 100's of thousands is either high or telling a bad joke
          Or they have daughters. One of mine got 80% and the other got 95%. Saved me more than a few pennies.

Comment

Brandeis and Tufts are different kinds of schools than Williams and Amherst. They are small universities, whereas the latter two are small colleges. Tufts and Brandeis have graduate programs and a much larger selection of majors to choose from than Williams and Amherst.
            So which are you, an arrogant elitist from Amherst/Williams or a desperate wannabe from Tufts/Brandeis?

Comment

So which are you, an arrogant elitist from Amherst/Williams or a desperate wannabe from Tufts/Brandeis?
              Uh...neither?

Comment

Your rage, resentment and lies are world-class. Now Tufts and Brandeis kids are supposed to feel inferior and apologetic? Good one.

Comment

Except you kid ain't going to Willuams or Amherst. The only thing Brandies or Tufts shares with those schools is they are all D3. Some of you are like the people who own the cheapest house in Wellesley. You have to know your neighbors look down their noses at you. Just because you share something in common it doesn't mean you are on the same level.
                  So sad. The old Wellesley cheapest house argument. Guess what those people get? The same high quality public education that the rich Wellesley folks get.

You seem to be extremely preoccupied with deciding who laughs at whom and who should feel inferior when they don't. One thing is for sure. Everyone and I mean everyone has been laughing at you for at least a decade.

Comment

So sad. The old Wellesley cheapest house argument. Guess what those people get? The same high quality public education that the rich Wellesley folks get.

You seem to be extremely preoccupied with deciding who laughs at whom and who should feel inferior when they don't. One thing is for sure. Everyone and I mean everyone has been laughing at you for at least a decade.
                    I enjoy laughing at you the most because you have a monstrous chip on your shoulder and it is way too easy to light you up.

Comment

Except that after 4 years most D1 families will have spent hundreds of thousands less than the D3 parents will have so its really not a fair comparison.
                      NCAA limit is 14 scholarships on the women's side and 9 men in D1 per team and in D2 the limit is 9 for both men's and women's. Not all schools fully fund their programs

Comment

NCAA limit is 14 scholarships on the women's side and 9 men in D1 per team and in D2 the limit is 9 for both men's and women's. Not all schools fully fund their programs
                        UMass funds 2.5 of the 9.9 possible men's soccer scholarships. I'm not sure about UMass-Lowell.

Comment

Except you kid ain't going to Willuams or Amherst.
                          If I deciphered this correctly, you are mistaken.

The other mistake folks make is thinking that families pay full tuition at these well-endowed schools. They meet need. To the tune of more than all D1 "scholly" athletes except perhaps the very bluest chips, which you can count on one hand out of Massachusetts in the last decade.

Comment

I enjoy laughing at you the most because you have a monstrous chip on your shoulder and it is way too easy to light you up.
                            The joke is on you, my friend. And always has been. Most of the rest of us are relatively happy and content with our lives and proud of our children.

Comment

The joke is on you, my friend. And always has been. Most of the rest of us are relatively happy and content with our lives and proud of our children.
                              Leave the guy alone. He thought he was going to have exciting college games to watch this Fall and crow about having the ACC player of the year in the first season. TS is still all he's got.

Comment

If I deciphered this correctly, you are mistaken.

The other mistake folks make is thinking that families pay full tuition at these well-endowed schools. They meet need. To the tune of more than all D1 "scholly" athletes except perhaps the very bluest chips, which you can count on one hand out of Massachusetts in the last decade.
                                And another mistake they make is to think we're all dumb enough to believe that their kid is getting a full ride at their D1 school. With rosters ranging from 25-30 kids, and only 14 scholarships to spread among the impact players, the only kids getting free rides are kids that are either NT players or Top 50 RPI talents that are playing "down" at a Top 200 RPI program. While 50% off at a Colgate, Davidson or Lehigh is nothing to sneeze at, there aren't that many weak D1 schools that I'd choose over Williams or Bowdoin or Amherst and some need-based aid if we qualify.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X