D1 Women's Soccer Top 10 all New England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a couple UConn games this year and they are in no way a top 20 team. Way too predictable. Their scorers can be marked out by top defenses. They benefit from an exceedingly week AAC schedule.

Wouldn't surprise me to see NCAA move another top seed, other than PSU, from outside the region to the NE for the tourney to balance the field. Just not very many top teams with a chance to make elite 8 or even sweet 16, from the Northeast this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      17 UConn
      43 Providence
      54 Boston College
      63 Harvard
      78 Northeastern
      79 Brown
      109 Dartmouth
      140 Boston U.
      142 Yale
      144 Hartford

UConn at 21 in Coaches' pole and BC somehow still getting 3 votes.
      Coaches poll comes out Tues PM.

Comment

Imagine if New England only got 1 team in the tournament?

UConn is the only team that will get an at large - PC will have to win out and make final of Big East

All others better win their league playoffs

Columbia is 4-0 in Ivy League if they beat the 2 worst teams in the league Dartmouth and Yale their game vs Harvard will be meaning less as Harvard has 2 ties
        BC is in trouble. Their recent formula is play cream puffs to get 10 wins to buffer all the conference losses so they get a .500 season. That worked except for ASU. The problem now is that usually they lose most of their conference games but are carried to an acceptable RPI by their opponents. This year teams like Wake Forest have an RPI in the 70's. And their last three opponents will average an RPI of 38. So to be sure I think they will need to win 2 of their remaining 3. 1 seems possible but not 2.

Comment

BC is in trouble. Their recent formula is play cream puffs to get 10 wins to buffer all the conference losses so they get a .500 season. That worked except for ASU. The problem now is that usually they lose most of their conference games but are carried to an acceptable RPI by their opponents. This year teams like Wake Forest have an RPI in the 70's. And their last three opponents will average an RPI of 38. So to be sure I think they will need to win 2 of their remaining 3. 1 seems possible but not 2.
          I think a team making it into NCAAs if they can't even make it into their own Conference tourney is BS.

Comment

Gold

I think a team making it into NCAAs if they can't even make it into their own Conference tourney is BS.
            The ACC women invite only 4 teams to their playoffs which is smart IMO. Anything that shortens the overly lengthy postseason. AD of UNC has complained that the teams get tired with so many games in a short period of time. BC is unlikely to ever make its conference tourney, however I think that maybe 5 or 6 ACC teams probably deserve to get in. Allowing the 9 or 10 team from any conference to participate is inappropriate IMO.

Comment

The ACC women invite only 4 teams to their playoffs which is smart IMO. Anything that shortens the overly lengthy postseason. AD of UNC has complained that the teams get tired with so many games in a short period of time. BC is unlikely to ever make its conference tourney, however I think that maybe 5 or 6 ACC teams probably deserve to get in. Allowing the 9 or 10 team from any conference to participate is inappropriate IMO.
              Don't the top 8 go through?

Comment

Something different this year?
                http://www.theacc.com/page/championship_w-soccer

Comment

Interesting, though it won't matter to BC as they are currently # 11 in conference and getting to #8 is unlikely.

Comment

Interesting, though it won't matter to BC as they are currently # 11 in conference and getting to #8 is unlikely.
                    Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Comment

This Week's Coaches Poll

UConn is ranked #21.
                      No other New England are ranked or even have a single vote,
                      Interesting that Bucknell, unbeaten YTD and leading the Patriot League, picked up seven votes.

Comment

UConn is ranked #21.
                        No other New England are ranked or even have a single vote,
                        Interesting that Bucknell, unbeaten YTD and leading the Patriot League, picked up seven votes.
                        Surprising that anyone would vote for Bucknell since they play in an inferior conference ;-)

Comment

Surprising that anyone would vote for Bucknell since they play in an inferior conference ;-)
                          Perhaps their win over ACC team Syracuse helped. We'll see how BC fares against the Orange.

Comment

Perhaps their win over ACC team Syracuse helped. We'll see how BC fares against the Orange.
                            I was being sarcastic, but okay. Their win over #84 Syracuse must have done it for them. Thank you again almighty ACC.

Comment

I love when these mid major school complain about not getting respect. If they were to put a Penn state or Rutgers or Georgetown on their schedule instead of a weak non conference schedule with a very down Patriot League does not equal an at large bid for Bucknell.
                              Harvard played UConn. Louisville and BC all loses but beat Providence on the road.
                              I would rather be Harvard than Bucknell with the eye test for at large. B

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                I love when these mid major school complain about not getting respect. If they were to put a Penn state or Rutgers or Georgetown on their schedule instead of a weak non conference schedule with a very down Patriot League does not equal an at large bid for Bucknell.
                                Harvard played UConn. Louisville and BC all loses but beat Providence on the road.
                                I would rather be Harvard than Bucknell with the eye test for at large. B
                                BC crushed Harvard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X