• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's Back!

Guess the season started. Off to figure out Shameducking

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The List couldn't get his act together for this weekend. YEs, I am busier than normal, Yes I am away and couldn't watch, but mostly, I'm just not motivated.

The List of things that have me down:
      1. I don't know.
      The teams changed. Birth year re-alignment, club hoppers, intra club moves. Results will reveal who gained/slipped, this should be exciting, Right?

2. I don't know when I'll know
      Wrong. Those results won't come, because those "new" teams aren't playing this weekend, nor next weekend or all fall. The 9th graders are playing HS and their orphaned 8th grade teammates are playing a silly season. Upsets are fun, but only when the favorite has to swallow it. The "That's not our real team" spit is open to all.

3. I don't know where to look.
      Where is Aztec? Where is NEFC Elite? Is FC Coastal worth tracking? Vipers? Seacoast Kings? Asking for help here.

Love seeing that the "New" Rising u13s have picked up the ball. "New" List Guy put out a great Weekly Preview post. u13 is the best year, they will have fun. We must move on, and this is all I learned:

1. We have a new rivalry
      GPS and SSS showed up and played!
      http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=15
      Both feel like they could have played better, both feel they could have left with 2 wins. SSS joins NPL, this is the best storyline so far this year. Congrats to GPS for Rnd 1.

2. NEFC deserves some grief
      GPS gets a healthy dose of ribbing on TS, so calling out NEFC for same crimes
      Where is Elite team in your OWN tournament? #uthinkurbeddernme
      Premier bracket looks like GPS Fathers Day #allyourownteams
      Schedule engineering was obvious. GPS NPL and SSS Elite have to go H2H B2B to knock each other out while NEFC PREMIER team (from RI no less), notches 2 wins in "battles" against opponents that GPS and SSS beat 10-0. #cupcakeSat
      A DEFAULT in the finals? NEFC Girls were there on Sat, but gone on Sunday? They didn't they had a game? #shameducking

Looking forward to next week and the hospitality of FC Stars. Most of all, looking forward to some Results. Results to start a list.
      You must realize that some players of both genders are trying out for HS soccer. There is no responsibility for a team to play even if your club runs the tournament.

Comment

You must realize that some players of both genders are trying out for HS soccer. There is no responsibility for a team to play even if your club runs the tournament.
        First of all, no one cares about boys. Secondly his post specifically mentions HS players, did you read it? Finally, there is absolutely an expectation that you show up at your own tournament - especially when your club schedules themselves a bye into finals

Comment

First of all, no one cares about boys. Secondly his post specifically mentions HS players, did you read it? Finally, there is absolutely an expectation that you show up at your own tournament - especially when your club schedules themselves a bye into finals
          That is YOUR expectation
          Change the thread title to u15G 2002, I care about boys

Comment

Birth changes are really paying off so far. What a joke.

Another joke is NEFC Southeast. NEFC G2002 Premiere South can't even field a team to play in the finals of their own tournament. SC's legacy is taking shape.

Comment

That is YOUR expectation
              Change the thread title to u15G 2002, I care about boys
              Make your own thread, you're the only one confused by this one.

Comment

The List couldn't get his act together for this weekend. YEs, I am busier than normal, Yes I am away and couldn't watch, but mostly, I'm just not motivated.

The List of things that have me down:
                1. I don't know.
                The teams changed. Birth year re-alignment, club hoppers, intra club moves. Results will reveal who gained/slipped, this should be exciting, Right?

2. I don't know when I'll know
                Wrong. Those results won't come, because those "new" teams aren't playing this weekend, nor next weekend or all fall. The 9th graders are playing HS and their orphaned 8th grade teammates are playing a silly season. Upsets are fun, but only when the favorite has to swallow it. The "That's not our real team" spit is open to all.

3. I don't know where to look.
                Where is Aztec? Where is NEFC Elite? Is FC Coastal worth tracking? Vipers? Seacoast Kings? Asking for help here.

Love seeing that the "New" Rising u13s have picked up the ball. "New" List Guy put out a great Weekly Preview post. u13 is the best year, they will have fun. We must move on, and this is all I learned:

1. We have a new rivalry
                GPS and SSS showed up and played!
                http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=15
                Both feel like they could have played better, both feel they could have left with 2 wins. SSS joins NPL, this is the best storyline so far this year. Congrats to GPS for Rnd 1.

2. NEFC deserves some grief
                GPS gets a healthy dose of ribbing on TS, so calling out NEFC for same crimes
                Where is Elite team in your OWN tournament? #uthinkurbeddernme
                Premier bracket looks like GPS Fathers Day #allyourownteams
                Schedule engineering was obvious. GPS NPL and SSS Elite have to go H2H B2B to knock each other out while NEFC PREMIER team (from RI no less), notches 2 wins in "battles" against opponents that GPS and SSS beat 10-0. #cupcakeSat
                A DEFAULT in the finals? NEFC Girls were there on Sat, but gone on Sunday? They didn't they had a game? #shameducking

Looking forward to next week and the hospitality of FC Stars. Most of all, looking forward to some Results. Results to start a list.
                That's the #2 SSS team that played at NEFC. The NPL team, called "AP", played in Spirit tournament last weekend in PA. http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...r=Girls&Age=15

Comment

That's the #2 SSS team that played at NEFC. The NPL team, called "AP", played in Spirit tournament last weekend in PA. http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...r=Girls&Age=15
                  Thanks, that's helpful. QQ: Did the 9th graders travel?

Comment

Yes, they did.

Comment

Every couple months I check in just to see if TS is more insane than the last time I checked. Sure enough, it always is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Yes, they did.
                        I like having a coed thread. We dads of boys can feel better about ourselves checking into ts on a Sunday night because the parents of girls seem truly crazy.

Comment

NEFC will be pooling 2002 players from across regions if necessary to ensure they have enough to field teams. Mostly 8th graders, obviously, but they left it open for kids to decide if they wanted to play or not. I spoke to one coach at this weekend's Kick Off who was strongly advising players and families to NOT do both because of potential overuse injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            NEFC will be pooling 2002 players from across regions if necessary to ensure they have enough to field teams. Mostly 8th graders, obviously, but they left it open for kids to decide if they wanted to play or not. I spoke to one coach at this weekend's Kick Off who was strongly advising players and families to NOT do both because of potential overuse injuries.
                            You can't play hs and club during hs season. Leagues prohibit it. Are you talking middle school?

Comment

You can't play hs and club during hs season. Leagues prohibit it. Are you talking middle school?
                              Yes you can. Just cant skip HS practice or games. If no conflicts, you are allowed to go play club soccer, hockey, lax, etc...

Comment

They only have a couple at the most. 90% of team is 8th graders.

Just about all the 9th graders at SS are playing u16

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X