Rising U14 Girls (2003)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dazed and confused definitely sums up this List. It makes no sense.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The 03 List (The Dazed and Confused Edition)

1. Stars
    2. Aztec
    3. GPS
    4. Breakers(NEFC)
    5a. FCB
    5b. SSS
    5c. Stars West
    5d. SPOL
    8. Liverpool FC

Logic and Notes:

Oookay!!! What a weekend. Another weekend of far out results. The 03 List Guy was particularly intrigued by GOTW at Archbishop Williams #1. And apparently. I'm not alone. So with the help of Dazed and Confused... grab your Frisbee, enjoy some of those special brownies and throw the kids in the flatbed of the 1976 Custom C-10 Chevy Pickup (who needed seatbelts)...

Stars: "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT"...The Stars claim the top spot with a pair of victories this weekend. 2-0 win over Continental on Saturday and a 1-0 win over Matchfit on Sunday. Stars may be as flashy as a game of Pong, but they play great defense, have a big athletic keeper and timely offense...sound like anyone we know in the New England NPL? Don't look now, but Stars are in third place in the Northeast ECNL. Only thing missing from their resume is a good result against a top flight team (file this under obvious foreshadowing of things to come next weekend).

Aztecs call "SHOTGUN!" and lay claim to the #2 spot with a 4-2 road win over Bayside. Aztec move into third place in the New England NPL ahead of a potential GOTW matchup with SSS next weekend.

GPS: "You gotta keep on livin', man...L-I-V-I-N". GPS moves to #3 on the 03 List (I'll stop for a moment so this can properly set in)...BUT... you know what? For a team that didn't score a goal in the Championship Division of the Stars Cup and looked like they would be a permanent relegation from the 03 List...GPS keeps improving each week and posting positive results. 1-0 win over Stars West this weekend put them in fourth place in the New England NPL.

Breakers(NEFC): Drop to #4 after a weekend off...presumably spent at the moonlight tower or Emporium listening to Black Sabbath and trying to score tickets to an Aerosmith concert.

FCB: Did you win both games this weekend? ..."No"..."It'd be a lot cooler if you did". Still just to inconsistent. 2-0 loss to Matchfit on Saturday and 1-0 win against Continental on Sunday. Playing 500 ball in the ECNL will keep them in the 4 or 5 range on the 03 List.

SSS: Cue Alice Cooper's "No more Mr. Nice Guy" as the rising seniors paddle Mitch in the parking lot. 3-0 loss to Seacoast United in the GOTW. Nice game recap by one of the parents BTW. Still a big fan of SSS, but they are going to have to figure out how to deal with big and physical teams with AAU Basketball U14 power forwards doubling as keepers ...they drop

Stars West: GPS wiped that face off the head of my favorite pet rock this weekend with a 1-0 loss...Air raid...fry like bacon freshmen. This result left the 03 List Dazed and Confused...BUT...the cool thing about this age group is that...(everyone all together now.).."anyone can beat anyone".

SPOL: "I got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later". It will be hard for these guys to move up or down the 03 List due to a perceived weak schedule of the NEP..BUT...this team can beat anyone. I view FCB, SSS, Stars West and SPOL in the same group this week.

Liverpool FC: "You cool, man"?. Liverpool keeps hanging in there and again avoided the dreaded relegation zone with a 2-2 tie with OW. I thought for sure the 03 List Guy would be saying "Check ya later". BUT...they stay on the 03 List.

Results move the list...and David Wooderson (the older we get...)

Comment

Not on this team. They are all 2003's
      That's crap! Last weekend they had 5 that played up on that team.

Comment

Agreed - this team is all 2003 -
        More Crap!

Comment

More Crap!
          Here is where I stand on this issue. If its "legal" to play up meaning your league allows it whether one game or five in a day its the coach/parent/player preference. Personally I think it could lead to injury/burnout/fatigue and not worth it (and yes my daughter always gets offers).
          IF it is "illegal" the rule should be ruthlessly enforced ie: that team forfeits.
          I know in the 8th grade Friendly league its made up so anything goes but if the NPL league has regulations and bylaws they should be adhered to. JMHO

Comment

Dazed and confused definitely sums up this List. It makes no sense.
            Freddie...your words hurt

Comment

More Crap!
              My understanding is that the 2003 Aztec NPL girls is all 2003 players. Now, if some are hurt, and I think one is suspended for her actions (and the parents actions - stupidity), then it is possible that they pulled up some players to play last week. If they did, odds are they pulled from the 2004 NPL, since the 2003 NEP team sucks

Comment

My understanding is that the 2003 Aztec NPL girls is all 2003 players. Now, if some are hurt, and I think one is suspended for her actions (and the parents actions - stupidity), then it is possible that they pulled up some players to play last week. If they did, odds are they pulled from the 2004 NPL, since the 2003 NEP team sucks
                The roster of the team is all 2003. Yes they had some injuries for last weekend so they
                did fill in with some other players so they could field a team. Not aware of any suspensions.
                They had a player get a red card. Not sure what game the penalty was served.

Comment

Las Vegas rankings
                  Movement based on head to head matchups, win quality and losses.

1-2. SSS, Breakers -
                  3-4. Aztecs, Stars - Next games first week of November will be telling. Aztecs play SSS, and Stars play Breakers (NEFC). Chances to move up!
                  5. GPS - Chance to move up with next match against Seacoast, who beat both Aztecs and SSS.
                  6. FCB - Loss to Match Fit 2-0 puts them at number 6.
                  7. Stars West - Still have matches scheduled against Aztecs and Seacoast to move up the List.

Too many teams. Incentive to knock off a top 8 for inclusion.

The List
                  1. Stars - Need to prove it against higher ranked teams.
                  2. Aztec - Will get a crack at SSS first week in November.
                  3. GPS - Based on what?
                  4. Breakers(NEFC) - Dropping because no games were scheduled? Weak.
                  5a. FCB - Loss to Matchfit should definitely cost them top 4.
                  5b. SSS - Insane, have you even watched this team play?
                  5c. Stars West - agree

The 03 List (The Dazed and Confused Edition)

1. Stars
                  2. Aztec
                  3. GPS
                  4. Breakers(NEFC)
                  5a. FCB
                  5b. SSS
                  5c. Stars West
                  5d. SPOL
                  8. Liverpool FC

Logic and Notes:

Oookay!!! What a weekend. Another weekend of far out results. The 03 List Guy was particularly intrigued by GOTW at Archbishop Williams #1. And apparently. I'm not alone. So with the help of Dazed and Confused... grab your Frisbee, enjoy some of those special brownies and throw the kids in the flatbed of the 1976 Custom C-10 Chevy Pickup (who needed seatbelts)...

Stars: "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT"...The Stars claim the top spot with a pair of victories this weekend. 2-0 win over Continental on Saturday and a 1-0 win over Matchfit on Sunday. Stars may be as flashy as a game of Pong, but they play great defense, have a big athletic keeper and timely offense...sound like anyone we know in the New England NPL? Don't look now, but Stars are in third place in the Northeast ECNL. Only thing missing from their resume is a good result against a top flight team (file this under obvious foreshadowing of things to come next weekend).

Aztecs call "SHOTGUN!" and lay claim to the #2 spot with a 4-2 road win over Bayside. Aztec move into third place in the New England NPL ahead of a potential GOTW matchup with SSS next weekend.

GPS: "You gotta keep on livin', man...L-I-V-I-N". GPS moves to #3 on the 03 List (I'll stop for a moment so this can properly set in)...BUT... you know what? For a team that didn't score a goal in the Championship Division of the Stars Cup and looked like they would be a permanent relegation from the 03 List...GPS keeps improving each week and posting positive results. 1-0 win over Stars West this weekend put them in fourth place in the New England NPL.

Breakers(NEFC): Drop to #4 after a weekend off...presumably spent at the moonlight tower or Emporium listening to Black Sabbath and trying to score tickets to an Aerosmith concert.

FCB: Did you win both games this weekend? ..."No"..."It'd be a lot cooler if you did". Still just to inconsistent. 2-0 loss to Matchfit on Saturday and 1-0 win against Continental on Sunday. Playing 500 ball in the ECNL will keep them in the 4 or 5 range on the 03 List.

SSS: Cue Alice Cooper's "No more Mr. Nice Guy" as the rising seniors paddle Mitch in the parking lot. 3-0 loss to Seacoast United in the GOTW. Nice game recap by one of the parents BTW. Still a big fan of SSS, but they are going to have to figure out how to deal with big and physical teams with AAU Basketball U14 power forwards doubling as keepers ...they drop

Stars West: GPS wiped that face off the head of my favorite pet rock this weekend with a 1-0 loss...Air raid...fry like bacon freshmen. This result left the 03 List Dazed and Confused...BUT...the cool thing about this age group is that...(everyone all together now.).."anyone can beat anyone".

SPOL: "I got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later". It will be hard for these guys to move up or down the 03 List due to a perceived weak schedule of the NEP..BUT...this team can beat anyone. I view FCB, SSS, Stars West and SPOL in the same group this week.

Liverpool FC: "You cool, man"?. Liverpool keeps hanging in there and again avoided the dreaded relegation zone with a 2-2 tie with OW. I thought for sure the 03 List Guy would be saying "Check ya later". BUT...they stay on the 03 List.

Results move the list...and David Wooderson (the older we get...)

Comment

Not sure that Aztec/SSS is going to happen. The schedule has the game as unassigned.
                    Been that way since the schedules were first posted.

Comment

Aztec/SSS will occur sometime in the next few weeks, particularly with the fall season coming to a close soon.

Not sure that Aztec/SSS is going to happen. The schedule has the game as unassigned.
                      Been that way since the schedules were first posted.

Comment

Aztec/SSS will occur sometime in the next few weeks, particularly with the fall season coming to a close soon.
                        Plus they already have to reschedule 11/13. Conflict with Bethesda.

Comment

Las Vegas rankings
                          Movement based on head to head matchups, win quality and losses.

1-2. SSS, Breakers -
                          3-4. Aztecs, Stars - Next games first week of November will be telling. Aztecs play SSS, and Stars play Breakers (NEFC). Chances to move up!
                          5. GPS - Chance to move up with next match against Seacoast, who beat both Aztecs and SSS.
                          6. FCB - Loss to Match Fit 2-0 puts them at number 6.
                          7. Stars West - Still have matches scheduled against Aztecs and Seacoast to move up the List.

Too many teams. Incentive to knock off a top 8 for inclusion.

The List
                          1. Stars - Need to prove it against higher ranked teams.
                          2. Aztec - Will get a crack at SSS first week in November.
                          3. GPS - Based on what?
                          4. Breakers(NEFC) - Dropping because no games were scheduled? Weak.
                          5a. FCB - Loss to Matchfit should definitely cost them top 4.
                          5b. SSS - Insane, have you even watched this team play?
                          5c. Stars West - agree
                          The 03 List loves spirited debate and differing opinions. As a rule, the 03 List usually doesn't respond to other posts, the List and weekend preview is a lot to keep up with...trust me... BUT this is different!!! It seems like we have an 03 Odds Guy!!! I like it. So it deserves a measured response (plus 03 Odds Guy got a little Sh*tty with me...so there is that).

Without further ado...IT"S THE 03 LIST...IT'S THE 03 ODD'S GUY...SUMTHIINNNN'S GOTTA GIVE...IT'S 03 LIST DEBATE...ON CBS...eh...TS!!!

By way of background, the 03 List has developed more into a weekly power ranking whereas the 03 Odds Guy is taking a more global view...which is fine, but lets get into it.

Let's look at the teams shall we:
                          1. SSS: I have seen them play a bunch of times. My question to you is, do you watch them too much? As the 03 List has stated, SSS is an elite team, BUT #1? This week? Where are the quality wins? Where are the head-to-head matchups? Losses are important, but good and bad ties should be considered. Remember, results move the List and a 3-0 home loss to Seacoast United last week and a tie to GPS less than three weeks ago does not move the List. They were correctly put in the middle of the pack. Perplexed by the #1 ranking that seems to be based on...reputation.

2. Breakers: IMHO the most talented team on the 03 List and dropped because of a bye week. Obviously you disagree with how the bye week is handled. Got this from the 04 List and believe it is the best way to handle a bye week for List ranking purposes. But that aside, Breakers would be #2 or #3 without it. Breakers crush teams they should with an incredible offense (But two losses to PDA and losses to Albertsons and Penn Fusion leave them behind the Stars in this weeks List). Doesn't quite meet your head-to-head, quality wins and losses criteria.

3. Aztecs: No arguments here. #2 or #3 seems right this week. They are trending up.

4. Stars: Clear #1 team this week. Better record in ECNL than Breakers...and currently ahead in standings #3 behind Penn Fusion and and PDA. So far..results better than Breakers.

5. GPS: Based on record and results. 3 wins, 3 ties (Aztecs and SSS) and NO losses in the NPL. That doesn't put them in the top half of the 03 List? It does.

6. FCB: Loss to Matchfit wasn't great, but can't ignore the win over the more highly ranked Continental. 500 ball in the ECNL (read: Strength of Schedule) Keeps them around #4 or #5. #6 is too low.

7. Stars West: tending down after good start. We agree here.

8. SPOL: Which brings us to them. Terrible strength of Schedule, dominated a good ECNL team at CFC tourney. Watched them play and came away believing they are a top 8 team in Mass. They belong on the List.

I like the effort 03 Odds Guy...and the attitude.

Remember...Results move the List...and what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas

Comment

Let's get it on! Blame Vegas for my lack of subtlety. A good debater would pivot and deflect, but I will instead defend my Odds. Let's hope Lester Holt ain't the moderator.

Odds only provided a bucketed list but will extend the detailed analysis at no cost.

1. List Guy had Breakers (NEFC) #1 a week ago. They fell to 4th because of no match on their schedule. This belt isn't paper thin and must be earned. I pity the fool, and I will destroy any (wo)man who tries to take what I got! Overall, quality of wins more impressive than ECNL counterparts.

2. SSS - Overall, better results than Aztecs against NPL competition. Full squad against GPS? Matters in Vegas. Disappointing results against Seacoast, but what other MA NPL team has had more impressive results to-date? Not Aztecs, not GPS. Very balanced team and favored by 1 goal in Aztecs head to head matchup.

3. Aztecs - Aztecs also tied GPS and lost to Seacoast. Need a reason to rank them higher. Shoulda seen me fight -- Did good, y'know.

4. FC Stars - For the amateur, 3rd place in the Northeast division of ECNL looks great but not so fast. Did not beat Penn Fusion or Albertson's, just like Breakers. Wins against lower tier teams. They'll get their shot at the title soon but for now where they belong.

5. GPS - Sure, wins and ties, no losses. No big wins, tied Bayside, currently ranked 7th overall in New England Premier Division. Tied SSS and Aztecs, SSS explained above and Aztecs was first game of season. What have you done for me lately? Ties are good but wins are better.

6. FCB - Continental is ranked #9 out of 14 teams. Match Fit loss disappointing. GPS had ties against 2 top teams in division. FCB needs a win against a top tier team in their division. Respect can't be bought or borrowed it must be earned.

7. Stars West - Thank you for your support. Took you a while to come around. Lost to GPS last week, and FCB gets the nod here.

8. SPOL - good dark horse 50:1 odds just to motivate to the top.

Odds Guy

The 03 List loves spirited debate and differing opinions. As a rule, the 03 List usually doesn't respond to other posts, the List and weekend preview is a lot to keep up with...trust me... BUT this is different!!! It seems like we have an 03 Odds Guy!!! I like it. So it deserves a measured response (plus 03 Odds Guy got a little Sh*tty with me...so there is that).

Without further ado...IT"S THE 03 LIST...IT'S THE 03 ODD'S GUY...SUMTHIINNNN'S GOTTA GIVE...IT'S 03 LIST DEBATE...ON CBS...eh...TS!!!

By way of background, the 03 List has developed more into a weekly power ranking whereas the 03 Odds Guy is taking a more global view...which is fine, but lets get into it.

Let's look at the teams shall we:
                            1. SSS: I have seen them play a bunch of times. My question to you is, do you watch them too much? As the 03 List has stated, SSS is an elite team, BUT #1? This week? Where are the quality wins? Where are the head-to-head matchups? Losses are important, but good and bad ties should be considered. Remember, results move the List and a 3-0 home loss to Seacoast United last week and a tie to GPS less than three weeks ago does not move the List. They were correctly put in the middle of the pack. Perplexed by the #1 ranking that seems to be based on...reputation.

2. Breakers: IMHO the most talented team on the 03 List and dropped because of a bye week. Obviously you disagree with how the bye week is handled. Got this from the 04 List and believe it is the best way to handle a bye week for List ranking purposes. But that aside, Breakers would be #2 or #3 without it. Breakers crush teams they should with an incredible offense (But two losses to PDA and losses to Albertsons and Penn Fusion leave them behind the Stars in this weeks List). Doesn't quite meet your head-to-head, quality wins and losses criteria.

3. Aztecs: No arguments here. #2 or #3 seems right this week. They are trending up.

4. Stars: Clear #1 team this week. Better record in ECNL than Breakers...and currently ahead in standings #3 behind Penn Fusion and and PDA. So far..results better than Breakers.

5. GPS: Based on record and results. 3 wins, 3 ties (Aztecs and SSS) and NO losses in the NPL. That doesn't put them in the top half of the 03 List? It does.

6. FCB: Loss to Matchfit wasn't great, but can't ignore the win over the more highly ranked Continental. 500 ball in the ECNL (read: Strength of Schedule) Keeps them around #4 or #5. #6 is too low.

7. Stars West: tending down after good start. We agree here.

8. SPOL: Which brings us to them. Terrible strength of Schedule, dominated a good ECNL team at CFC tourney. Watched them play and came away believing they are a top 8 team in Mass. They belong on the List.

I like the effort 03 Odds Guy...and the attitude.

Remember...Results move the List...and what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas

Comment

I like it Odds Guy!!! Way to bring it. You are still being far to kind to SSS (all teams have missing players, injuries, etc...for example, stars missing best player during penn fusion game for same event and the keeper played injured). Vegas may take it into consideration...03 List does not. That aside, look forward to Odds Guy post (exactly what this thread needs)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1931813]I like it Odds Guy!!! Way to bring it. You are still being far to kind to SSS (all teams have missing players, injuries, etc...for example, stars missing best player during penn fusion game for same event and the keeper played injured). Vegas may take it into consideration...03 List does not. That aside, look forward to Odds Guy post (exactly what this thread needs)

Incorrect - Stars was not missing their best player -

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X