X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Breakers don't do bad weekends.

What you wrote applies to just about every big club (aside from GPS) and maybe a smaller mom and pop club like SSS, but bash away because they beat your daughters team.
    Breakers /nefc suck, always have and always will. Congrats on your lucky weekend !

Comment

Breakers /nefc suck, always have and always will. Congrats on your lucky weekend !

Have a great day. We stomp on chumps like you and laugh about you afterwards. Definitely sux to suck so just make sure you spell the name correctly, in case you forgot it's N-E-F-C

Comment

You can relax also or stay away from your keyboard. Some soccer games were played this weekend and it is normal for people to talk them. it is preseason, but one could see some indications of what this new age birth shuffling brought to the teams.
        I think the only thing you can gleam from the results of this tournament are which teams have been practicing together and/or remained intact after the age group change. At U17, GPS played very well and looked like they have been playing together for a while. Maybe this is a testament to their summer training program. Stars ECNL looked rusty and/or the talent isn't there any more at this age group. They had a tough time in every game they played, which would have been unheard of before (unless they just showed us why they have been ducking local competition over the past few years). Breakers NPL had a mixed bag. They posessed well at times and played aggressively, but at other times, they couldn't keep the ball and looked like they were standing still. Perhaps haven't worked much together and/or conditioning needs work. SSS was a mixed bag as well. Gave up a ton of goals defensively, but then went and tied Stars ECNL. That grouping was a good competive grouping and all games besides the GPS/SSS blowout were competitive.

Comment

Lets see how they do in May and June. I bet they wont be beating their chests then.

Comment

I think the only thing you can gleam from the results of this tournament are which teams have been practicing together and/or remained intact after the age group change. At U17, GPS played very well and looked like they have been playing together for a while. Maybe this is a testament to their summer training program. Stars ECNL looked rusty and/or the talent isn't there any more at this age group. They had a tough time in every game they played, which would have been unheard of before (unless they just showed us why they have been ducking local competition over the past few years). Breakers NPL had a mixed bag. They posessed well at times and played aggressively, but at other times, they couldn't keep the ball and looked like they were standing still. Perhaps haven't worked much together and/or conditioning needs work. SSS was a mixed bag as well. Gave up a ton of goals defensively, but then went and tied Stars ECNL. That grouping was a good competive grouping and all games besides the GPS/SSS blowout were competitive.
            "The talent isn't there?" Really?

They have two national team players and a ton of college commits. I think they'll be fine.

Comment

Let's pump the breaks on the lack of talent on Stars U17 ECNL. They've got 5-6 legit college commits on that team. My guess is that they hadn't played together prior to the tournament.

The GPS team had ~10+ players that played together last year, they held a number of practices with "new" team during the spring and summer and it showed last weekend. Let's see how things play out in the spring. My guess is that with NEFC leaving the NE NPL, they'll win and head to IN this year.

It speaks more to the cluster created by the age group change than anything else.

Comment

Let's pump the breaks on the lack of talent on Stars U17 ECNL. They've got 5-6 legit college commits on that team. My guess is that they hadn't played together prior to the tournament.

The GPS team had ~10+ players that played together last year, they held a number of practices with "new" team during the spring and summer and it showed last weekend. Let's see how things play out in the spring. My guess is that with NEFC leaving the NE NPL, they'll win and head to IN this year.

It speaks more to the cluster created by the age group change than anything else.
                This is not aimed at the Stars because it is applicable to all of the clubs. Just because a player is going "D1" that doesn't mean they are going to be able to compete favorably against the best players and teams from around the country. There is actually a huge difference between a player going to a low level D1 program and one going to even a mid level D1 program. Also what about the other 12 players on that team that aren't going D1, don't you think that they might be dragging the competitiveness of the team down. The biggest issue around here is all of these teams are completely watered down so you have absurdly wide talent ranges out on the field.

Comment

I overheard from a parent at GPS that they only had 2 practices before the tournament. I agree, they were a very good team, very fast up top and moved the ball very well. Breakers NPL had a total of 3 practices (limited players) and have some work to do, definitely a mixed bag. The only team that I would have thought had more practice time would be Stars ECNL, as I thought they practiced during the fall season..... I think all teams will look significantly different in the spring once they've had more practice time under their belt. It is hard for ANY team to practice just 2/3 times and gel together, it will take time...But I think the NPL team to beat at this age group is GPS.

Comment

Lets see how they do in May and June. I bet they wont be beating their chests then.
                    There is no chest thumping here. People doubted them and their affiliation with Breakers and this past weekend didn't agree with it.
                    You may have to wait and bash.
                    If they do well in June, you will find excuses and not give them credit and criticize the chest thumping. Same as before this past weekend.
                    After all, I don't think NEFC looses sleep over what you think.

Comment

This is not aimed at the Stars because it is applicable to all of the clubs. Just because a player is going "D1" that doesn't mean they are going to be able to compete favorably against the best players and teams from around the country. There is actually a huge difference between a player going to a low level D1 program and one going to even a mid level D1 program. Also what about the other 12 players on that team that aren't going D1, don't you think that they might be dragging the competitiveness of the team down. The biggest issue around here is all of these teams are completely watered down so you have absurdly wide talent ranges out on the field.
                      So much truth here. What I've always found amazing over the years, from chatting with other parents, club management people (and I know plenty very well), and all the popping off on TS, is how much the talk assigns value to college commitments, and everything that precedes playing at that level, and essentially completely ignores the follow through so to speak. The number of players that don't play, transfer, and just quit altogether (after a year or two) is staggering.

Comment

So much truth here. What I've always found amazing over the years, from chatting with other parents, club management people (and I know plenty very well), and all the popping off on TS, is how much the talk assigns value to college commitments, and everything that precedes playing at that level, and essentially completely ignores the follow through so to speak. The number of players that don't play, transfer, and just quit altogether (after a year or two) is staggering.
                        Not just staggering, down right depressing. They should make all scholarships guaranteed for 4 years. Colleges have all the leverage going year to year.

Comment

There is no chest thumping here. People doubted them and their affiliation with Breakers and this past weekend didn't agree with it.
                          You may have to wait and bash.
                          If they do well in June, you will find excuses and not give them credit and criticize the chest thumping. Same as before this past weekend.
                          After all, I don't think NEFC looses sleep over what you think.
                          But you respond on TS all day. You need a shrink buddy.

Comment

The fact that Stars has 5-6 college commits says more about the scam that has been perpetrated by these ECNL teams and that maybe coaches will start to see not all the talent is playing ECNL. The Stars team that my daughter's team played this weekend was no better than any of the other two teams they played.

Comment

Not just staggering, down right depressing. They should make all scholarships guaranteed for 4 years. Colleges have all the leverage going year to year.
                              The big 5 conferences guarantee 4 year scholarships. These schools can absorb giving out a bad scholarship or two. Smaller schools with less funding need to have that leverage over a player. Saying that smaller conferences will offer 4 years if it's a competitive situation between schools. Not to be insensitive but some of these kids (girls more than boys) put on the pounds at an astounding rate. If you have no leverage other than to torture the player until they leave your program and job could be in jeopardy.

Comment

The fact that Stars has 5-6 college commits says more about the scam that has been perpetrated by these ECNL teams and that maybe coaches will start to see not all the talent is playing ECNL. The Stars team that my daughter's team played this weekend was no better than any of the other two teams they played.
                                Proves that it's all about exposure....and Stars get it...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X