Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No offense but Spirit of Liverpool is bleeding too...Don't give it more than a few years. You have GPS, NEFC, FC Boston all encroaching into their area (from MA direction) and CFC from the CT direction. With Fortis also in their backyard, its not what it was a few years ago.
    No offense taken, but you are quite wrong.
    Healthy growth, stable coaching...
    Fortis is no concern.

Comment

Less teams than 3 years ago, less championships and results than 3 years ago. 6 coaches gone that I knew within past 2 years. Fortis took a large population of players from Liverpool as FH was really irrelevant in the past 2 years. Liverpool lost players in large numbers this past year. Never mind the embarrassment of having to change its name. If they were so strong why were they not selected to rep the academy here. Come on. They are at best a mid-tier club that is bleeding. CFC has been encroaching each and every year as well.

Comment

Less teams than 3 years ago, less championships and results than 3 years ago. 6 coaches gone that I knew within past 2 years. Fortis took a large population of players from Liverpool as FH was really irrelevant in the past 2 years. Liverpool lost players in large numbers this past year. Never mind the embarrassment of having to change its name. If they were so strong why were they not selected to rep the academy here. Come on. They are at best a mid-tier club that is bleeding. CFC has been encroaching each and every year as well.
        I count 1 more team than 3 years ago (Fall 2013). I don't keep track of championships, but I assume you're referring to State Cup. If you look at Fortis and FH, they basically just flip flopped. So no net transition away from Liverpool. If the club was indeed bleeding, I would think BG would increase fees to the level of the surrounding clubs. He's the least greedy club owner I've been associated with.

Comment

CFC? Which branch, Sportsworld???

Comment

6 coaches, huh?
            You know more than I do.
            You must really be plugged in...

Comment

You know nothing of the name change and Academy business.
              Nothing
              Please do not post complete rubbish.

Comment

You know nothing of the name change and Academy business.
                Nothing
                Please do not post complete rubbish.
                Please enlighten us.

Comment

No offense but Spirit of Liverpool is bleeding too...Don't give it more than a few years. You have GPS, NEFC, FC Boston all encroaching into their area (from MA direction) and CFC from the CT direction. With Fortis also in their backyard, its not what it was a few years ago.
                  I actually disagree. GPS, NEFC, and a slew of others have been in the area for quite some time. Those that choose to go to Liverpool, do just that. Its a choice. They choose.

I would not say they are bleeding, nor are they worse off than in years past. I've been around. I've been a part of it. Albeit our family is longer a subscriber of their service, but they are solid. I recommend their organization any time a youngster says they want to play. They provide a great foundation and atmosphere folks will look back on fondly. They have many teams with developing, happy players. I'd say that's progress. Their business model may be different than what you think it should be, but its working.

Comment

I actually disagree. GPS, NEFC, and a slew of others have been in the area for quite some time. Those that choose to go to Liverpool, do just that. Its a choice. They choose.

I would not say they are bleeding, nor are they worse off than in years past. I've been around. I've been a part of it. Albeit our family is longer a subscriber of their service, but they are solid. I recommend their organization any time a youngster says they want to play. They provide a great foundation and atmosphere folks will look back on fondly. They have many teams with developing, happy players. I'd say that's progress. Their business model may be different than what you think it should be, but its working.
                    Liverpool has been offering an alternative to the huge clubs for years. The move to Nep/Nec will allow them to showcase a team or two.
                    The rest of the club is dedicated to providing a great place for kids to learn the game.

Comment

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. They had 30+ teams last year. The year before they were around two dozen. It is my understanding, that they would prefer to get smaller so they don't have the same issue that larger clubs have - a strong team in each age group and another four or five poor to mediocre teams which does nothing but damage the reputation of the club as a whole.

As for Fortis, it remains to be seen how they'll impact Liverpool. They have ambition and some good names attached to the club. They are also working aggressively on acquiring or building their own facilities. It's early, but they could, in time, present significant competition.

Comment

No offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. They had 30+ teams last year. The year before they were around two dozen. It is my understanding, that they would prefer to get smaller so they don't have the same issue that larger clubs have - a strong team in each age group and another four or five poor to mediocre teams which does nothing but damage the reputation of the club as a whole.
                        I don't know of any club model that wants to get smaller and turn away paying customers. If there are enough sub players to form a team, there is a league for them. NEP, NEC, Maple, MASC, etc. Even the clubs with the best reputations do this.

Comment

As for Fortis, it remains to be seen how they'll impact Liverpool. They have ambition and some good names attached to the club. They are also working aggressively on acquiring or building their own facilities. It's early, but they could, in time, present significant competition.
                          Will they lose some players to Fortis? Sure kids change clubs every year. Happened before Fortis was around and will continue now that they are here. By and large Liverpool has a pretty loyal base and has continued to grow from its inception regardless of competition from other clubs. From what I have heard the ones (parents) that left this year are already regretting it based on the change of leagues. Only time will tell what the future holds for them.

Comment

The end of an era and kind of sad. I can only think it's particularly sad for MB senoir who did so much for soccer in this state and for the girls game.

Times change and FH just didn't make the correct decisions to keep up with the changes. It happens all the time,

You can't blame the Fortis guy, He's said he was very willing to help FH, but received no support to carry on his vision for the future.

I see no reason for gloating or venom, it just is what it is. We should all be thankful to FH for the effort they put into improving the game in this state.

At least some teams are still playing on those wonderful fields.

Comment

What killed FH?
                              1.) Prices. When you charge 1.5X to 2X what nearby competition charges for what is pretty much the same product without offering some logical differentiation to explain the price difference then your already in trouble.
                              2.) Ignorance? Not sure about this one so am going to have to speculate as I do not have access to MB's thoughts. It seems like there was a large amount of arrogance in how FH was run with the higher prices and the (possible) mindset of, "hey this is FH, that's all the justification I need to charge more."
                              3.) Lack of indoor training. I wasn't aware that this was an issue but if this was actually a problem I have to ask why MB didn't go over to the Hab and work with them? It's not like indoor facilities are impossible to obtain.
                              4.) One disloyal / good businessperson who saw the flaws and took advantage of them. My guess is that he didn't just take all the players and leave without first trying to make changes from within the organization. The fact that this is where we are probably says alot about how much MB wanted to hear other opinions on how to run the club.
                              1) rubbish, hamlets were comparable to other clubs in cost.
                              2) not ignorance, maybe arrogance.
                              3) hamlets had an issue just one season with indoor training.
                              4) that person waited a year before starting a new club.

Comment

1) rubbish, hamlets were comparable to other clubs in cost.
                                2) not ignorance, maybe arrogance.
                                3) hamlets had an issue just one season with indoor training.
                                4) that person waited a year before starting a new club.
                                5) Liverpool

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X