Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so....is anyone going to actually do anything about it (i.e., ask NPL to clarify rules with Select), or just continue to gripe incessantly (and anonymously) on TS?
    Pretty sure its above my pay grade.

Seriously though, it's got to be up to the NEFC coaches to decide whether or not to run it up and peel. Maybe they have, or maybe they are letting it go. Pretty sure won't have pretty to that information, unless the game score is all of a sudden change someday. I know I won't be holding my breath. I will however, view SSS a bit differently moving forward. They have made it quite clear that winning supersedes all else, including what may be best for their top players.

Comment

Pretty sure its above my pay grade.

Seriously though, it's got to be up to the NEFC coaches to decide whether or not to run it up and peel. Maybe they have, or maybe they are letting it go. Pretty sure won't have pretty to that information, unless the game score is all of a sudden change someday. I know I won't be holding my breath. I will however, view SSS a bit differently moving forward. They have made it quite clear that winning supersedes all else, including what may be best for their top players.
      That was supposed to say, "run it up the NPL flagpole"

Comment

I have spoken with NEFC, SSS, NPL, NEC, NEP & the CIA. They said to tell you that no one cares. They are making money hand over fist, which is all that matters. But, by all means, keep posting about it through the end of the week. It is quite entertaining.

As an aside, I love the Hyundai advertisements on the back of the NEFC jerseys. Those are sharp! Not as nice as the GPS Bayern patches though.

Comment

Another great week List Guy. Erik loves the SMU reference. That said, it seems to me that SSS, Stars West, and Aztec are all going to play each other. Assuming SSS wins, they would be #1. What if Aztecs or Stars West wins. How do the Breakers fit in?

Food for thought.
          Like the question. There is a strength of schedule advantage for the three ECNL teams. If Stars or FCB beat Penn Fusion in two weeks, how are they not #1? If Breakers beat PDA (not out of the realm of possibility), how are they not #1 on the 03 List? Conversely, a win by Aztec or Stars West over SSS (whom I consider to be an elite team) gives them a pathway toward #1.
          03 List Guy likes food for thought

Comment

I will however, view SSS a bit differently moving forward. They have made it quite clear that winning supersedes all else, including what may be best for their top players.
            How that club has always been from what I've seen...

Comment

The 03 List (Post RosterGate Weekend Preview)

In this election season, we seem to have two strong candidates for the mythical #1 spot on the 03 List. Representing the NPL Party...SSS. Representing the ECNL...Breakers(NEFC). Several dark horse candidates remain in the running...FCB, Stars, Aztec and Stars West. Whether your team wears blue or red, this weekend has all the atmosphere of a contentious presidential debate.

GOTW:
              SSS v. Stars West: The middle Fingah game. Don't get me wrong, the 03 List is still under the spell of Stars West, BUT this might be a bad week to play SSS. Similar to our beloved Patriots, SSS might be a little bit more motivated after last weeks NPL scandal. 3-1 SSS.

Seacoast United v. Aztec: Aztec travel to NH on Saturday for a primary battle with Seacoast United (YOU BASTARDS!). Unfortunately, the "bad" Aztec team is tentatively scheduled to appear. Against my better judgment, Aztec pull out a close one 3-2.

Bayside v. GPS: The Battle at the Max. GPS is playing much better as of late and Bayside had a rough week on the road against Stars West. But Bayside is tough at home and GPS parents will be greatly annoyed having to look through the chain linked fence surrounding the field. Gives it a WWE steel cage match feel. 2-1 Bayside.

Yankee v. Liverpool FC and OW v. NEFC NPL: Both teams travel to the Constitution State this weekend. One formula applies here: Suburban teens in the car for three hours = LOSS.

The ECNL features the Boston/NY Darby: Breakers(NEFC) and FCB play the Lawn Guyland ECNL Teams (East Meadow and Albertsons): On Saturday, Breakers have a Stars Cup rematch with East Meadow and FCB crosses swords with Albertsons. Obviously, they swap out on Sunday. Breakers(NEFC) continue their goal scoring frenzy and win both games 4-2. (Maybe the East Meadow coach will actually attempt to mark the Breakers Striker (four goals) instead of the curious coaching decision of pretending she didn't exist). FCB...low scoring games...if 7 goals is the O/U for both games...take the under.

Stars have the week off.

Results move the List...and double freedom rockets

Comment

Visitor from another BY, and I just stumbled upon opportunity to watch GOTW in Braintree
                Currently 3-0 SSS
                Fun game to watch and both good clubs should be proud.
                SSS winning with speed, precision, and subs (stars have none)
                Stars west has size and heart advantage - would be 6-0 if not for miraculous saves by G and field players

Disappointed that it's not close anymore, SSS dads are entertaining when "lil precious" meets turf. Just my opinion but 90% of the time it's physics not fouls putting her down

Comment

Seacost United 1 Aztec 0

Comment

There is a team in the top bracket of the NEP...GPS NH Elite Navy. They are rolling over the competition. 11-0, 6-0, 9-0. Has any of these NPL teams faced them in tournament play?

To that note...More and more girls in our club are foregoing their NPL offers to stay local due to school and transportation issues for working parents. IMO Not all of the best talent is in the NPL.

Comment

There is a team in the top bracket of the NEP...GPS NH Elite Navy. They are rolling over the competition. 11-0, 6-0, 9-0. Has any of these NPL teams faced them in tournament play?

To that note...More and more girls in our club are foregoing their NPL offers to stay local due to school and transportation issues for working parents. IMO Not all of the best talent is in the NPL.
                      This team is from NH and this is a Massachusetts forum. That's why they are not on the list. And no one is saying all the best players play in the NPL. We are talking about teams.

Comment

Liverpool FC 5 Yankee 1?! Is this score right?

Comment

Liverpool FC 5 Yankee 1?! Is this score right?
                          Liverpool uses guest players. When they do they are a different team I was told.

Comment

Liverpool uses guest players. When they do they are a different team I was told.
                            That's illegal!

Comment

Who would they use? Isn't their NPL team their best team? Why would a player on their Second team help their first team?

Comment

They used the NT player from SSS. And some girls from Europe.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X