20 DNP
    7 NR

Comment

local D1 players starting a lot

Player/School/G/GP/GS/G/A

Adam Bramson/Lafayette/6/6/6/0/0 GPS/Milton
      Andrew Barrowman/UMass/7/7/6/0/0 Revs
      Joe Kellett/UML/7/7/7/0/0 NEFC/Kings High School

Interesting that 2 out of the three players are not DAP players but High School/Club players

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I know I am missing circa 20-30% of D2/3's. Please fill them in if you wish. Also see a lot of new names on UML list at all grades. Haven't figured that out yet.
        For UML, they obviously had a Croatian influx, as well as some transfers (including goalie from Assumption). I think the list had Waithe listed as URI.

Comment

Adam Bramson/Lafayette/6/6/6/0/0 GPS/Milton
          Andrew Barrowman/UMass/7/7/6/0/0 Revs
          Joe Kellett/UML/7/7/7/0/0 NEFC/Kings High School

Interesting that 2 out of the three players are not DAP players but High School/Club players
          None of these schools are close to having top tier soccer programs. In fact, historically these schools do not even finish in the top tier of their divisions. It is great that the kids are getting play time but it should be noted that there is much that goes into getting on the field at any college. Also, not exactly the cream of the crop academically at any of these schools too. Just my opinion.

Comment

None of these schools are close to having top tier soccer programs. In fact, historically these schools do not even finish in the top tier of their divisions. It is great that the kids are getting play time but it should be noted that there is much that goes into getting on the field at any college. Also, not exactly the cream of the crop academically at any of these schools too. Just my opinion.
            Point taken. As a player I would go to a school where I thought I had a good chance of playing. Lafayette has an acceptance rate of 28% and thought not highly selective it is a very good school. UMass Amherst is a great school financially with a very selective Honors College and business school. And UML is a good pre-med and engineering school.

Comment

Point taken. As a player I would go to a school where I thought I had a good chance of playing. Lafayette has an acceptance rate of 28% and thought not highly selective it is a very good school. UMass Amherst is a great school financially with a very selective Honors College and business school. And UML is a good pre-med and engineering school.
              UML also has a very selective Honors college.

Comment

2016 D1 Boys Starting a Lot

Let's see if the freshman improved here:

Adam Branson./Lafayette/18/18/18/1/0
                Joe Kellett/UML/16/16/16/1/1
                Jerry Ozor/BU/17/17/10/0/5
                Bobby Hurstak/Holy Cross/18/11/9/0/0

Only 10% are starting. This is the lowest of all 7 classes.

Comment

2016 D1 Boys Subbing a Lot

Zach Kalik/Dartmouth/17/12/4/0/0
                  Andrew Barrowman/UMass/19/13/6/1/1
                  Christian LaBeck/UMass/19/13/0/0/0

So less than 20% are playing much.

Comment

Other 2016 D1 Boys

So for the rest:

11 Saw the field
                    14 Did Not Play
                    8 Not rostered.

Comment

So for the rest:

11 Saw the field
                      14 Did Not Play
                      8 Not rostered.
                      Those are some sobering stats. Would you say that's better or worse than normal for a freshman class?

Comment

Those are some sobering stats. Would you say that's better or worse than normal for a freshman class?
                        That is the worst of the seven classes I've done.

Comment

That is the worst of the seven classes I've done.
                          Thanks - I've got a kid going through recruiting now and the realties are important to keep in mind. Any guesses as to why? Seems like more and more international players are grabbing coveted spots and playing - I wonder if that's part of it? Or was this just an unlucky class?

Comment

Thanks - I've got a kid going through recruiting now and the realties are important to keep in mind. Any guesses as to why? Seems like more and more international players are grabbing coveted spots and playing - I wonder if that's part of it? Or was this just an unlucky class?
                            Over the past four seasons the number of kids going D1 from MA has doubled/tripled. At the bottom end, those kids often become depth players leading to what you see here. Important in that case that the school is a good overall fit. As to the top players, there are some amazing schools on this list like UVA, Duke, Georgetown, Wisconsin, and more. Those are very competitive rosters. Key is making sure your kid can compete at that level. I find most seasons there is mixed success at this level. This season is very low. Not sure why.

Comment

A couple of rules of thumb:

About 10 MA kids/year end up playing much in D1. Unless your kid is one of the handful of top DAP players or a superstar on another club, it is unlikely they will play. If you leave the region to play on a top team, there are less than 10 over the past seven seasons who have pulled that off. They are nearly always All Americans/POY in MA/National team. Make sure you aim correctly. Your club coach is often your best guide.

Comment

A couple of rules of thumb:

About 10 MA kids/year end up playing much in D1. Unless your kid is one of the handful of top DAP players or a superstar on another club, it is unlikely they will play. If you leave the region to play on a top team, there are less than 10 over the past seven seasons who have pulled that off. They are nearly always All Americans/POY in MA/National team. Make sure you aim correctly. Your club coach is often your best guide.
                                None of the four 2016 players that are starting players areformer DAP players. 3 GPS and one NEFC. Granted some of the DAP players did go higher level soccer D1 schools and are struggling to get on the field. A number of 2016 players that chose to play at D3 schools have seen a lot of time on the field. Sometimes a better choice for players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X