Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Surf RI stole entire NEFC team with their coach.
    They abducted the players? They players and parents went to surf against their own will?

Comment

They abducted the players? They players and parents went to surf against their own will?
      😀😀😀 exactly. People leave for a reason and if it's a mistake then it's their problem.

Comment

I’m pretty sure when the coach from NEFC takes his entire team to a new club and continues to recruit players from two other clubs it is illegal. That’s what happened. Parents left their club to follow a coach not because they were unhappy with their club. I hear this coach is now in trouble so Surf NE and RI both are in a legal mess.

Comment

Legal trouble? The only time moves aren't allowed mid season is if moving within a league isn't allowed by that league. Even then iit's only an issue with league officials, no other soccerpolice. A club can go after parents for non payment if they weren't paid up but that's about it. A club could go after a coach depending on the terms of their employment contract

Comment

Who gives a sh*t?

Comment

Surf=GPS same same.

Comment

Surf RI stole entire NEFC team with their coach.
                Stole? Is there a police report? Is there a pending lawsuit?

Comment

Stole? Is there a police report? Is there a pending lawsuit?
                  Multiple teams. Multiple coaches. But who cares. Families made their own decisions and for many, the decision was easy because there were no coaches left at NEFC SE.

Comment

I’m pretty sure when the coach from NEFC takes his entire team to a new club and continues to recruit players from two other clubs it is illegal. That’s what happened. Parents left their club to follow a coach not because they were unhappy with their club. I hear this coach is now in trouble so Surf NE and RI both are in a legal mess.
                    I'd give loyalty to a quality coach over a club any day

Comment

surfing

agreed...ride the wave

Comment

agreed...ride the wave
                        Yeah - Ride the same Wave that they all did at GPS.

If players leave to follow a good coach, I think players and families are well within their rights. Lets be honest, good coaches got paid a hell of a lot more to take their teams to Surf. They took the same families who were taken for fools to a "New club" in town, under the SAME leadership as the one they just left.

But Hey, Enjoy the Wave!!!! Im sure the sub bar leagues and leaders under criminal charges is the right move!!!

Comment

Legal trouble? The only time moves aren't allowed mid season is if moving within a league isn't allowed by that league. Even then iit's only an issue with league officials, no other soccerpolice. A club can go after parents for non payment if they weren't paid up but that's about it. A club could go after a coach depending on the terms of their employment contract
                          Ha! A “club” can go “after” a parent for non payment? I’m sure non-payment is for legitimate reason/s....yet you think clubs/owners should be protected? I guarantee a kid wanting to move mid season is way more than justified. Yet the club/coach should be protected? Not sure I understand your logic. Should consumers not be protected, especially considering the product sold is development/mentoring by an individual/coach/representative of said club? Sorry, if the product being sold is actually detrimental to the recipient then they deserve a refund and right to change league/team. Even within the “league rules” coaches/directors/owners could get waivers or make decisions based on individuals but instead certain owners hold onto blanket rules simply and solely for profit. Shameful.

Comment

Ha! A “club” can go “after” a parent for non payment? I’m sure non-payment is for legitimate reason/s....yet you think clubs/owners should be protected? I guarantee a kid wanting to move mid season is way more than justified. Yet the club/coach should be protected? Not sure I understand your logic. Should consumers not be protected, especially considering the product sold is development/mentoring by an individual/coach/representative of said club? Sorry, if the product being sold is actually detrimental to the recipient then they deserve a refund and right to change league/team. Even within the “league rules” coaches/directors/owners could get waivers or make decisions based on individuals but instead certain owners hold onto blanket rules simply and solely for profit. Shameful.
                            If you still have a balance remaining as per your contract and you leave, a club could go after you for the remaining amount. Most clubs won't, especially if it's small amount and just one family. Might they go after a big group of families? Who knows. By this time of year most people are fully paid up (you usually are before the spring season gets going). Families would have to prove the club wasn't meeting their terms of the contract. "Poor coaching" probably won't cut it because it's subjective and purposely not in any contract language. If they're following a coach they like then the coaching argument doesn't fly anyway. Maybe there'd be a case if they contract promised so many practices they weren't supplying, or playing in a league that they switched after they all signed. Has to be concrete stuff. Clubs leave contracts very vague for this very reason, but it seems they never take anyone to small claims court either.

As for the coach and club? Depends on the employment contract. Again it's probably pretty vague and there's probably not a "you can't take a team with you" clause or even a basic noncompete clause. Most times they're free to leave and go work elsewhere.

Going after families and the coach legally isn't a good look for a club. Bad enough a whole team bolted but looking nasty about it is really bad PR. They're better off taking their lumps and moving on. But you can guarantee they were pressuring people to stay by any means they could. Losing an entire team hurts, even if they might have deserved it :)

Comment

I'd give loyalty to a quality coach over a club any day
                              100%. I learned early all on big corp America be loyal to a good manager, not a company

Comment

The sooner all clubs locally recognize that the better. Most families do not give 2 sh**s about the club name or brand, as long as they like their coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X