X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Times are changing.

The fledgling GA is hanging on by a thread.

Significant travel when similar competition exists in your backyard.

Reduced commute for trainings.
    We live in the northern half of Rhode Island, it took us less time to get to training with nefc then it did to East Providence with Bayside. We played with both clubs. We are not interested in "similar" competition, if that's what you're looking for, then yes, bayside is for you. Call it whatever you want, GA DA, if you think that a club the size of nefc is just going to sit back and take the chance of 4,000 plus players leaving their club to go to other clubs because they are in a weak league, then you really don't know the history of nefc. You better believe that with whatever changing times are happening, nefc will land among the highest of leagues. Facts

Comment

We live in the northern half of Rhode Island, it took us less time to get to training with nefc then it did to East Providence with Bayside. We played with both clubs. We are not interested in "similar" competition, if that's what you're looking for, then yes, bayside is for you. Call it whatever you want, GA DA, if you think that a club the size of nefc is just going to sit back and take the chance of 4,000 plus players leaving their club to go to other clubs because they are in a weak league, then you really don't know the history of nefc. You better believe that with whatever changing times are happening, nefc will land among the highest of leagues. Facts
      Only fact I see here is commute may not be bad from Northern RI.

Similar competition? Only sure thing right now to find better competition is ECNL. Beyond that it is much of same. Am I satisfied with this? no but that is the current landscape.

Club the size of nefc? Only a small percentage of the 4,000 players is impacted by the league nonsense. Specifically it is limited to the GA.

Won't sit back? That is all they can do right now as they are at the mercy of the ECNL board and the person with one of the biggest seats on that board has zero incentive or interest to let nefc in. Nor are they a geographic fit sitting in the middle of three ECNL teams.

Among the highest of the leagues? Maybe hail mary gets completed and they get invited ECNL. Absent that are you implying a DA 3.0 after 1.0 and 2.0 have failed.

Hope it all works out for you but take off your nefc goggles once and a while and acknowledge reality. Top teams at nefc are in a tough spot. Unfortunately they made a poor decision a few years ago.

Comment

Similar competition? Only sure thing right now to find better competition is ECNL. Beyond that it is much of same. Am I satisfied with this? no but that is the current landscape.

Club the size of nefc? Only a small percentage of the 4,000 players is impacted by the league nonsense. Specifically it is limited to the GA.
        The GA and DPL/NPL teams at NEFC and at all the other clubs are all affected by the league shuffling. That's a bunch of teams at each age group for a club as big as NEFC.

Furthermore, if people are going to be comparing the competition or status of their clubs you'd have to believe they are talking about the "small percentage at the top" teams. Obviously, every club has average (and below) teams as well, which is why I wonder why people really want to go there.

Won't sit back? That is all they can do right now as they are at the mercy of the ECNL board and the person with one of the biggest seats on that board has zero incentive or interest to let nefc in. Nor are they a geographic fit sitting in the middle of three ECNL teams.
        I don't think anyone here can know what the ECNL board or specifically JD thinks about it. The geography is also a red herring since people keep bringing up that NEFC was previously in ECNL and left.

Hope it all works out for you but take off your nefc goggles once and a while and acknowledge reality. Top teams at nefc are in a tough spot. Unfortunately they made a poor decision a few years ago.
        Like I was saying...

Comment

The GA and DPL/NPL teams at NEFC and at all the other clubs are all affected by the league shuffling. That's a bunch of teams at each age group for a club as big as NEFC.

Furthermore, if people are going to be comparing the competition or status of their clubs you'd have to believe they are talking about the "small percentage at the top" teams. Obviously, every club has average (and below) teams as well, which is why I wonder why people really want to go there.

I don't think anyone here can know what the ECNL board or specifically JD thinks about it. The geography is also a red herring since people keep bringing up that NEFC was previously in ECNL and left.

Like I was saying...
          Like I was saying.....My point was about the top team as that is the one that is most impacted at the moment. Yes other club teams have been impacted some by the league situation in the are but in the end they will always have access to a league with appropriate levels of competition. Right now ECNL is the most competitive league and NEFC does not have a seat at the table.

Fair enough on the JD point. But remember this last time NEFC was in ECNL, Stars only had one team. Since then they added white to make it 3 teams in relative proximity to each other. So geography is more than a red herring.

We get it. NEFC suits your needs but spare us the line that you have to go to mendon for development.

Comment

We get it. NEFC suits your needs but spare us the line that you have to go to mendon for development.
            I didn't say that. Is that what you read?

Comment

Impact NPL schedule is out. Not sure about the other years but U13 is ugly. Only 5 games? Two second tier Select teams? Liverpool who just lost their best player to Select's GA team? At least we get to play Aztecs but that will be the only game worth our time.

We'll all need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust that things will be better next year. It was a sh*t fall and the spring doesn't look much better.

https://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?eventid=83424&FieldID=0&applicationI D=6188875&action=Go

Comment

SSS and Aztec both has good teams both better than Surf. Liverpool has a good team 2009, don’t know about 2008.
                It’s not awful.

Comment

SSS and Aztec both has good teams both better than Surf.
                  Maybe you mean the Select GA team is a good team. Aztec always plays them close. However, their second 08 team went winless in the DPL in the fall. And the Liverpool 08 team is poor. What a waste.

Comment

Maybe you mean the Select GA team is a good team. Aztec always plays them close. However, their second 08 team went winless in the DPL in the fall. And the Liverpool 08 team is poor. What a waste.
                    Tough to put a lot of stock in this past fall.

Anyway what alternative would you recommend for these clubs? Can't just throw out complaints without offering suggested solution.

Comment

Anyway what alternative would you recommend for these clubs? Can't just throw out complaints without offering suggested solution.
                      Oh, I agree. Not a whole lot of options. I'm more concerned with the top girls leaving for more competitive leagues if these leagues can't establish themselves quickly. I think we can all agree that it's important for those girls to push themselves.

Comment

We had a chance to talk to a Southern New England D1 AD last week. He was talking about outside of the big three how impressed he was with the Bayside pipeline for providing players. He specifically discussed how the players were typically mentally prepared and had a grest soccer IQ foundation. He did stress how challenging this last year was and financial issues to bring in talent both local and international.

Comment

We had a chance to talk to a Southern New England D1 AD last week. He was talking about outside of the big three how impressed he was with the Bayside pipeline for providing players. He specifically discussed how the players were typically mentally prepared and had a grest soccer IQ foundation. He did stress how challenging this last year was and financial issues to bring in talent both local and international.
                          Did you just make up a program or college? Southern new england ..

Comment

Would have been more believable if you had said D1 coach rather than AD. The AD isn’t getting that granular into what club program the athletes from one (non revenue) sport are coming from. Nice try, though.

Comment

I think he talked to a coach but more like D3.

Comment

EP/Bay townie for sure

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X