Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Manager kicked out

The team manager from Willamette United was removed from our daughter's match. At first he was filming then moved behind the fence, still sideline coaching and taunting the referee and players for the remaining few minutes. It is mind-blowing the level parents will stoop to have an affect on the outcome of a 10 yr old girls' match. Incredibly disappointing to witness.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The team manager from Willamette United was removed from our daughter's match. At first he was filming then moved behind the fence, still sideline coaching and taunting the referee and players for the remaining few minutes. It is mind-blowing the level parents will stoop to have an affect on the outcome of a 10 yr old girls' match. Incredibly disappointing to witness.
    Agreed, very disappointing. Terrible example to set of these kids.

Comment

I photograph games, worst behavior I've seen parents at a div 3 meaningless u9 league game against 2 teams at the bottom of the bracket. Group of parents berating a 13 yo ref, finally said something to them. This is someone's child, would you like a group of parents screaming at your child?

watched a u10 kid give the ref the double bird after being red carded. Everyone just stood there, coach had to remove kid from the field, mom was threatening to fight the other coach after the game.

Hell some parents seem to want to be there to abuse their own kids. Screaming at them for mistakes, every play the kid looks over to see if dad is happy. If that's what they do on the field, I'd hate to hear what they say on the car ride home, breaks your heart.

When I played as a kid no one ever said a word to the ref, not sure why it is tolerated now, especially when they have a hard time getting new refs. Guess folks feel entitled to behave how they want when they are shelling out $$ to play soccer.

Comment

I photograph games, worst behavior I've seen parents at a div 3 meaningless u9 league game against 2 teams at the bottom of the bracket. Group of parents berating a 13 yo ref, finally said something to them. This is someone's child, would you like a group of parents screaming at your child?

watched a u10 kid give the ref the double bird after being red carded. Everyone just stood there, coach had to remove kid from the field, mom was threatening to fight the other coach after the game.

Hell some parents seem to want to be there to abuse their own kids. Screaming at them for mistakes, every play the kid looks over to see if dad is happy. If that's what they do on the field, I'd hate to hear what they say on the car ride home, breaks your heart.

When I played as a kid no one ever said a word to the ref, not sure why it is tolerated now, especially when they have a hard time getting new refs. Guess folks feel entitled to behave how they want when they are shelling out $$ to play soccer.
        This is why my son, who now plays in college, reffed for one season before quitting. Parents. The breaking point for him was officiating a tot soccer game and a dad yelling at him at halftime for not calling all the hand balls. Some of you people are ruining the sport and you'll be sad and surprised when your games get canceled because we don't have enough officials.

Comment

Youth sports seems to bring out the worst in parents.

I think all clubs/venues should have very strict policies in regards to parent behavior and very little tolerance. Start tossing parents out and 86 them from the property. Educate parents about setting examples for their kid.

Comment

Youth sports seems to bring out the worst in parents.

I think all clubs/venues should have very strict policies in regards to parent behavior and very little tolerance. Start tossing parents out and 86 them from the property. Educate parents about setting examples for their kid.
            Having no spectator parents at matches is due to covid19 protocols. This policy has made the game enjoyable for kids, coaches & referees. Not having them on site is called education reform. Giving the game back to the participants.

Comment

Par for the course in Worst Linn.

Comment

As a coach, I can say, hands down, the best thing about COVID has been no parents at games and training.

Comment

Never too early to start thinking about that scholly...

Comment

Agreed, very disappointing. Terrible example to set of these kids.
                    Did anyone tell him what he was doing to his child and their team. The best is when a ref has the stones to tell the coach of the club to send that parent's kid over there to tell him to be quiet or he's going to get benched .

Comment

Did anyone tell him what he was doing to his child and their team. The best is when a ref has the stones to tell the coach of the club to send that parent's kid over there to tell him to be quiet or he's going to get benched .
                      If I were the referee, the first verbal out of line complaint about a call would get a game stoppage and tell the coach to go talk to the parents/manager. The 2nd would involve stopping the game until said parent/manager leaves the field. I would then file a complaint with the club and recommend they ban them from future games.

These idiots are doing horrible things for their children.

Comment

If I were the referee, the first verbal out of line complaint about a call would get a game stoppage and tell the coach to go talk to the parents/manager. The 2nd would involve stopping the game until said parent/manager leaves the field. I would then file a complaint with the club and recommend they ban them from future games.

These idiots are doing horrible things for their children.
                        exactly the right way to handle it

Comment

What about these idiot parents who can't stay in their cars during games and huddle as close to the field as they can possibly get to watch? I am not in agreement with the current COVID rules and I miss watching my kid play, but I am not going to risk his club getting banned from the fields they play and practice on just so I can watch little kid soccer. It's like these people get so wrapped up in their kids' juvenile soccer careers they can't help themselves.

Comment

What about these idiot parents who can't stay in their cars during games and huddle as close to the field as they can possibly get to watch? I am not in agreement with the current COVID rules and I miss watching my kid play, but I am not going to risk his club getting banned from the fields they play and practice on just so I can watch little kid soccer. It's like these people get so wrapped up in their kids' juvenile soccer careers they can't help themselves.
                            Childhoods are flying by. I just want to watch my kid play. At this point most people that want a vaccine can get one so let's let people go watch kids play sports.

Comment

Childhoods are flying by. I just want to watch my kid play. At this point most people that want a vaccine can get one so let's let people go watch kids play sports.
                              I want to watch my kid play as well. But this isn't about me and it isn't about you, it is about these kids and being able to play. Why would you risk that by breaking the rules?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X