Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ref are told by Washington Referee Association NOT act as covid police.

The mask is treated as equipment (for example, shin guard). If the shin guard has problem during game, the player are supposed to fix it when the game paused (or during play). Same as mask.

The coach and club should take care of covid rules.

That said, if ref do not feel comfortable continue ref the game, he/she can stop the game and leave.
    I am really conflicted on this.

I think a mask for outdoor sports is stupid, let's get that point out of the way.

But as long as it is a rule (rightly or wrongly) placed on us to allow us to play, then we should follow it.

And if it is inconsistently followed, that is problem.

It takes no brain at all to understand that not wearing the mask around the nose and mouth gives that player an advantage over another player who does wear a mask around the nose and mouth.

So are we just creating a new way for some players to cheat and gain unfair advantage by having their mask "fall down"? That's kinda crappy.

Comment

I am really conflicted on this.

I think a mask for outdoor sports is stupid, let's get that point out of the way.

But as long as it is a rule (rightly or wrongly) placed on us to allow us to play, then we should follow it.

And if it is inconsistently followed, that is problem.

It takes no brain at all to understand that not wearing the mask around the nose and mouth gives that player an advantage over another player who does wear a mask around the nose and mouth.

So are we just creating a new way for some players to cheat and gain unfair advantage by having their mask "fall down"? That's kinda crappy.
      blatant cheating going on.....lol. i think they kids are just happy to be playing as most of us parents. Quit overthinking it and enjoy that they are playing soccer. geez people.

Comment

silly

This is a terrible post.

Comment

Ref are told by Washington Referee Association NOT act as covid police.

The mask is treated as equipment (for example, shin guard). If the shin guard has problem during game, the player are supposed to fix it when the game paused (or during play). Same as mask.

The coach and club should take care of covid rules.

That said, if ref do not feel comfortable continue ref the game, he/she can stop the game and leave.
          I can understand not making the refs responsible, but a mask is not like a shin guard. If a player doesn't wear a shin guard, it doesn't have the potential to make another player sick. (And I actually know a woman whose kid caught covid in a soccer game back east! rare but possible) A complaint should absolutely be filed against that team.

Comment

file complaint

You should send the complaint to Gov. Jay and ask for a forfeit.

Comment

My kid has found the adidas masks to be very comfortable and easy to breath in while playing. About $20 for a pair from Adidas.

Regarding some players and parents not following the mask rules. I am so thankful that refs show up and are willing to do the job that allows kids to play soccer. I'd be hesitant to make them the mask police.

If a parent isn't wearing a mask near you, just move a few steps away. Not worth any conflict imo.

Comment

happymasks.com pro series. Parrot shaped beak keeps it from being sucked in. does not hold water when playing in rain. high quality for good protection. doesn't muffle voice. a bit pricey and doesn't last forever. hand wash with one drop of dish soap and dry on a clean towel. will be using for sending kids to school and needs that we have as adults- work, travel etc.

Comment

We landed on Under Armour. We'd tried the paper surgical - okay but wetted out pretty quickly and Athleta - okay but lost shape/support after first hand wash and became bellows-like. UA is almost there, fit took some getting used to after the surgical/athleta as they both sat toward the bridge of the nose while the UA is towards the tip. Once convinced it was NOT going to slip of she became more comfortable and it lasts a full game without wetting out.

Comment

Can someone please forward this to Inslee? Time to get out of our way.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced on Tuesday that the statewide mask mandate imposed eight months ago will be lifted starting on March 10, making Texas the largest state in the US to lift its mask mandate amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Texas businesses will also be able to operate at 100% capacity, including bars and restaurants. The CDC and health officials still advise that people wear a mask and avoid crowds to reduce transmission of the virus.

Comment

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced on Tuesday that the statewide mask mandate imposed eight months ago will be lifted starting on March 10, making Texas the largest state in the US to lift its mask mandate amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Texas businesses will also be able to operate at 100% capacity, including bars and restaurants. The CDC and health officials still advise that people wear a mask and avoid crowds to reduce transmission of the virus.
                      No, thanks. I’ll stick it out for a couple months more of our sometimes irritating, and now substantially relaxed, restrictions in exchange for keeping the state’s death rate at less than half of Texas.

Comment

While this is a little extreme, somewhere in the middle would sure be nice!!

Comment

Inslee could loosen up a bit for sure but I'm not sure 100% packed bars w no masks is a super idea just yet

Comment

No, thanks. I’ll stick it out for a couple months more of our sometimes irritating, and now substantially relaxed, restrictions in exchange for keeping the state’s death rate at less than half of Texas.
                            yeah.....we are only on day 350 of a 14 day lockdown.

Comment

All y'all anti-maskers are welcome to move to Texas.

Comment

All y'all anti-maskers are welcome to move to Texas.
                                Anti-choice folks should here....spread the word.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X