Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only FC Stars NH parent fed up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to their website, Seacoast charges $1875-1975 for Premier teams and $2450 for Elite teams. Not sure what Academy costs. For premier teams only a couple hundred more than Stars and Seacoast offers more winter sessions that are happening now and additional tournaments.
    Not everyone in NH will want to drive for an ECNL team, nor will they be qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Disgusting.

Too many players in this country will never get a chance to experience the game with costs like that.
      With travel ECNL is about 8-10K a year easy. It's not for everyone and it's not "disgusting". High level youth sports are pricey.

Comment

Disgusting.

Too many players in this country will never get a chance to experience the game with costs like that.
        Ease up on the drama, Soccer is not a fundamental right or need like schooling. No one ever said it had to be affordable.

Regardless, to "experience the game" pay the couple hundred bucks and play on a town team. If you want to play at the ECNL level, pay the money. There are many options in between as well. Do what ever you feel.

Comment

Ease up on the drama, Soccer is not a fundamental right or need like schooling. No one ever said it had to be affordable.

Regardless, to "experience the game" pay the couple hundred bucks and play on a town team. If you want to play at the ECNL level, pay the money. There are many options in between as well. Do what ever you feel.
          Who on this thread is saying they want to play ECNL or even asked about ECNL??? They asked how much Seacoast cost vs FC Stars and if those costs were comparable. The original question was if any FC Stars NH parents were fed up based on paying for a product they are not receiving.

Comment

Stars ECNL is just under $4000 and that includes training 3X a week starting beginning of November and all of December. There's typically 3 "tournament" weekends in late Nov and early Dec plus a few scrimmages. Winter training in January and February is 2X a week with scrimmages thrown in as well and a winter travel showcase. March starts back up 3X a week, scrimmages, games, etc. If a team goes into playoffs then training continues straight into July.

So it is significantly different between the two and that is reflected in the training. $1700 is really not bad for a spring season of training and games.
            How are you paying almost $4k in tuition for stars ECNL? U13 and u14 teams play fall and spring seasons, training 3x per week and train 2x per week in winter and we pay $2995 in tuition. How are the HS ages paying more?

Comment

How are you paying almost $4k in tuition for stars ECNL? U13 and u14 teams play fall and spring seasons, training 3x per week and train 2x per week in winter and we pay $2995 in tuition. How are the HS ages paying more?
              HS age still has a fall and winter season. They miss out Sept and Oct but start back the first week of November and train 3-4 times a week (with scrimmages added in) all of November and right up to Christmas. Then they have a week off and back to winter training 2-3 times a week Jan and Feb. March starts up outdoor 3-4 times a week and games, etc.
              Plus the coaching is higher level.

Comment

HS age still has a fall and winter season. They miss out Sept and Oct but start back the first week of November and train 3-4 times a week (with scrimmages added in) all of November and right up to Christmas. Then they have a week off and back to winter training 2-3 times a week Jan and Feb. March starts up outdoor 3-4 times a week and games, etc.
                Lucky the HS kids got games in November and December this year. Many leagues did not.

Comment

Is your kid really at Stars? JD coaches u13 along with high school ages. The ECNL coaches coach multiple age groups. I would think you would know that.

Comment

Mask

Stars ECNL is just under $4000 and that includes training 3X a week starting beginning of November and all of December. There's typically 3 "tournament" weekends in late Nov and early Dec plus a few scrimmages. Winter training in January and February is 2X a week with scrimmages thrown in as well and a winter travel showcase. March starts back up 3X a week, scrimmages, games, etc. If a team goes into playoffs then training continues straight into July.

So it is significantly different between the two and that is reflected in the training. $1700 is really not bad for a spring season of training and games.
                    Sorry to get off topic but is travel additional on top of the $4k? My D wants to make a move if possible but I'm having a hard time getting a real idea of the $$ involved.

Comment

Sorry to get off topic but is travel additional on top of the $4k? My D wants to make a move if possible but I'm having a hard time getting a real idea of the $$ involved.
                      Ooops. This was answered a few posts down. My bad. Good info, thanks.

Comment

Ooops. This was answered a few posts down. My bad. Good info, thanks.
                        Contact Ginger Baker and ask for you daughter to practice with a team in MA so they can evaluate her. She and you can get a feel for her level and where she would fit down in MA. It's a whole new world. Don't wait for "tryouts" in June.

Comment

Oh it's definitely not for everyone. I have multiple kids playing ECNL and the older one certainly had a return on that investment with $170K in scholarship money.
                          I would bet my house that your kid did not get $170k in athletic money. ZERO and I mean zero chance at this being accurate.

Don't post your personal information with 1/2 the facts.

Can't stand these sorts.

Comment

I would bet my house that your kid did not get $170k in athletic money. ZERO and I mean zero chance at this being accurate.

Don't post your personal information with 1/2 the facts.

Can't stand these sorts.
                            Different poster here. This is entirely possible especially for a girl. Tuition is about 75k a year so 175k is a little over 50 percent scholarship. Things may change in the future because of Covid and not everyone gets these types of scholarships, but I know several players who have received this level of scholarship.

Comment

Does anyone know when indoor training will start? Haven't heard anything from Tony in 3 weeks

Comment

Does anyone know when indoor training will start? Haven't heard anything from Tony in 3 weeks
                                Indoor ... our team is moving outside in March. We have been training 2x-3x per week since the beginning of January.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X