X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare me the Rhetoric

Your Governor:

“I believe that we can open up our schools safely, now, as long as we use proper hygiene and good systems,” Gov. Inslee continued. “We have proven this. We have proven this because there’s over 100,000 pupils in the state of Washington who have been doing this safely for months now. This is not an academic exercise — all you have to do is go to the schools around the state who are doing this successfully with minimal, very minimal, in-school transmission.”

But we couldn't somehow play soccer outside the last 9 months.

Let's hear from all of you SU parents crying that we couldn't play soccer and screaming at the top of your lungs in defense of this guy and his covid policies regarding youth sports.

Rates have never been higher, but now it's safe...

Comment

agreed

His message seems a bit off and not aligned to prior messages. If kids can go back to school safely, surely they can play sports safely. This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

All it takes is a little good hygiene...

Comment

Shameful...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Crazy

Comment

I understand everyone is frustrated, but there are some new studies out showing in school transmission with masking etc is pretty low.

I hope that we can get back to local games at least. I don't think it's games that are the biggest danger -- it's all casual contact & carpooling, getting too comfortable with teammates & letting guard down with masking because you feel comfortable with each other

Comment

Follow the science.....lol.

Comment

You must have a very slow internet connection. Cases in king county are less half what they were in early December, and hospitalizations are about where they were in September.

https://public.tableau.com/views/PHS...:showVizHome=n

Covidactnow.org says infection rate is well below 1, and icu levels are also very low. It will take a week or two for the state data to catch up with the current situation unless Inslee again changes his mind first, but we are moving quickly towards phase 2 under the current metrics.

Outdoor youth sports have been about the safest thing that could be done in the pandemic, although schools should of course be a priority. Could Inslee have moved on these issues sooner? Sure. But it’s a novel virus after all, there’s been a lot to learn, and a significant degree of caution makes sense.

Comment

You must have a very slow internet connection. Cases in king county are less half what they were in early December, and hospitalizations are about where they were in September.

https://public.tableau.com/views/PHS...:showVizHome=n

Covidactnow.org says infection rate is well below 1, and icu levels are also very low. It will take a week or two for the state data to catch up with the current situation unless Inslee again changes his mind first, but we are moving quickly towards phase 2 under the current metrics.

Outdoor youth sports have been about the safest thing that could be done in the pandemic, although schools should of course be a priority. Could Inslee have moved on these issues sooner? Sure. But it’s a novel virus after all, there’s been a lot to learn, and a significant degree of caution makes sense.
                    I am the one who posted the comment you are referencing. I'm in complete agreement. We saying never higher I was illustrating a 30 day time frame

Comment

I understand everyone is frustrated, but there are some new studies out showing in school transmission with masking etc is pretty low.

I hope that we can get back to local games at least. I don't think it's games that are the biggest danger -- it's all casual contact & carpooling, getting too comfortable with teammates & letting guard down with masking because you feel comfortable with each other
                      The new studies don’t take into account the new move infectious variants. The study also said there needed to be distance, ppe, etc. and there should be testing also. How is that going to happen? When will the schools get the funds to do that? How will they force every student to follow social distancing and mask wearing when our republican elected officials wont even follow those rules in Congress or our State Houses? Many police refuse to even follow. Also, how will they fit all the students in hallways and classrooms separated enough? My kids cant even take a purse or book bag into the classrooms because there isnt any room. Not every kid even has a desk in some classes.

That said, I think outdoor soccer is much safer than indoor school.

Comment

Sports groups have been told that today during his press conference Inslee will announce a change in metrics that will allow additional “flexibility” for youth sports.

Comment

Your Governor:

“I believe that we can open up our schools safely, now, as long as we use proper hygiene and good systems,” Gov. Inslee continued. “We have proven this. We have proven this because there’s over 100,000 pupils in the state of Washington who have been doing this safely for months now. This is not an academic exercise — all you have to do is go to the schools around the state who are doing this successfully with minimal, very minimal, in-school transmission.”

But we couldn't somehow play soccer outside the last 9 months.

Let's hear from all of you SU parents crying that we couldn't play soccer and screaming at the top of your lungs in defense of this guy and his covid policies regarding youth sports.
                          SU parents, are you boycotting todays game? We were all murders for wanting to play soccer 6 monyhs ago when the numbers were a fraction of what they are today.

Comment

SU parents, are you boycotting todays game? We were all murders for wanting to play soccer 6 monyhs ago when the numbers were a fraction of what they are today.
                            Rules for thee, not for me.

Comment

none

We are playing soccer thanks to SU's medical advisory board. What did your club do to help the cause?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X