Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWIS upcoming soccer session

What teams are registering for the upcoming youth soccer session at WWIS? Which facility, North or South? What town, age boys/girls?

Hoping plenty of teams register so the kids can have some good competition.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What teams are registering for the upcoming youth soccer session at WWIS? Which facility, North or South? What town, age boys/girls?

Hoping plenty of teams register so the kids can have some good competition.
    Not my team. Parents a bunch of far left types who only believe what the New York Times and network news tells them, and therefore think indoor soccer is certain death. I'll be lucky to talk them into playing outdoor in the spring. And even if we do play, we're gonna suck, because only a couple play club and the rest have been sitting around playing xbox and getting fat for almost a year now.

Comment

oh I think there are a few town like this... I am hearing that it's not just the parents who are afraid, the kids just don't feel like playing anymore. Then the coaches will get blamed when they can't get it together for an entire season. On the other hand there are some towns who play year-round. Teams that will look good: Cranston, Warwick, Cumberland, Providence, Lincoln. Teams that will be weak in the spring, Tiverton, Portsmouth, Bristol... not due to lack of talent at all, due to fear of covid. Not much we can do.

Comment

oh I think there are a few town like this... I am hearing that it's not just the parents who are afraid, the kids just don't feel like playing anymore. Then the coaches will get blamed when they can't get it together for an entire season. On the other hand there are some towns who play year-round. Teams that will look good: Cranston, Warwick, Cumberland, Providence, Lincoln. Teams that will be weak in the spring, Tiverton, Portsmouth, Bristol... not due to lack of talent at all, due to fear of covid. Not much we can do.
        As for throw-ins, I recommend having your kids do sit-ups and push-ups this winter, then in the spring they can throw in to targets like hoops etc, cones, until we are actually allowed to do them in a game. No need not to keep the skills up. Heading is controversial not due to covid due to concussions. New article released saying if balls were slightly deflated, and swapped out on cold rainy days the balls would be safer to head. Masks could be going away for the players by spring, but not for the spectators as we won't have enough of our population vaccinated until July... they say.

Comment

As for throw-ins, I recommend having your kids do sit-ups and push-ups this winter, then in the spring they can throw in to targets like hoops etc, cones, until we are actually allowed to do them in a game. No need not to keep the skills up. Heading is controversial not due to covid due to concussions. New article released saying if balls were slightly deflated, and swapped out on cold rainy days the balls would be safer to head. Masks could be going away for the players by spring, but not for the spectators as we won't have enough of our population vaccinated until July... they say.
          Whoops this reply was to the "when can we go back to normal soccer" thread... oh well. All good conversations so far today.

Comment

Not my team. Parents a bunch of far left types who only believe what the New York Times and network news tells them, and therefore think indoor soccer is certain death. I'll be lucky to talk them into playing outdoor in the spring. And even if we do play, we're gonna suck, because only a couple play club and the rest have been sitting around playing xbox and getting fat for almost a year now.
            Good grief, can you please keep your political prejudices out of the discussion?

Comment

As for throw-ins, I recommend having your kids do sit-ups and push-ups this winter, then in the spring they can throw in to targets like hoops etc, cones, until we are actually allowed to do them in a game.
              Not sure how worried I am about throw-ins. Th kids wouldn't be practicing these all winter long unless they are specifically training or playing on turf, and they get right back into it when spring starts.

Comment

Doesn't look like many teams are registering for WW leagues.

Comment

Good grief, can you please keep your political prejudices out of the discussion?
                  Face it, those who lean left tend to get their news exclusively from certain sources. They hear only one narrative, and they do not question that narrative. And the narrative they have been exclusively paying attention to has been loudly exclaiming "We'Re AlL gOnNa DiE!" for about ten months now. And since those people are the majority in our neck of the woods, our kids are wearing masks while playing, kicking the ball in instead of throwing it, not playing out of state, etc.

Comment

So hard to get teams to sign up because the towns can't get the kids interested. The kids have signed up for basketball and some futsal. The large WWIS freaks out some of the town teams. It is a bummer. I wish my kids team would participate but O know they won't.

Comment

So hard to get teams to sign up because the towns can't get the kids interested. The kids have signed up for basketball and some futsal. The large WWIS freaks out some of the town teams. It is a bummer. I wish my kids team would participate but O know they won't.

More of a reason RI needs more teams like Pumas and Ambush. Your not stuck to what your "town" wants you to do. Thanks for posting the above.

Comment

More of a reason RI needs more teams like Pumas and Ambush. Your not stuck to what your "town" wants you to do. Thanks for posting the above.
                        Some of the best soccer players in RI hang up their cleats for winter and play basketball.
                        no need for winter leagues.

Comment

Face it, those who lean left tend to get their news exclusively from certain sources. They hear only one narrative, and they do not question that narrative. And the narrative they have been exclusively paying attention to has been loudly exclaiming "We'Re AlL gOnNa DiE!" for about ten months now. And since those people are the majority in our neck of the woods, our kids are wearing masks while playing, kicking the ball in instead of throwing it, not playing out of state, etc.
                          I don't need to "face it" because you're completely incorrect. I consider myself a left-leaner and I get my news from multiple sources. I also question that narrative when it sounds a little too convenient. It may surprise you that I even go outside now and then to go to (wait for it) a job, or to go to soccer or other deathly risky things (like driving my car to soccer practice).

Meanwhile, I can tell you based on facts that masks actually work. Kick-ins, not so sure about that but if it allows my kids to play soccer then I guess it's fairly minor in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Some of the best soccer players in RI hang up their cleats for winter and play basketball.
                            no need for winter leagues.
                            Some do. Others are still training with their clubs. Some are doing both.

Comment

I don't need to "face it" because you're completely incorrect. I consider myself a left-leaner and I get my news from multiple sources. I also question that narrative when it sounds a little too convenient. It may surprise you that I even go outside now and then to go to (wait for it) a job, or to go to soccer or other deathly risky things (like driving my car to soccer practice).

Meanwhile, I can tell you based on facts that masks actually work. Kick-ins, not so sure about that but if it allows my kids to play soccer then I guess it's fairly minor in the grand scheme of things.
                              If there are facts showing that "masks actually work," then why am I starting to hear the drumbeat of "We NeEd To WeAr TwO mAsKs!"? If one is good, two is better? Ha, talk about not questioning the narrative.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X