X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatdown

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Real 06,,a local town team beat CSA GA 7-1 and took it easy.....so much for training and 4 days a week and playing in the best female soccer league in the US. The oversell of the league is what gets me, ever hear of ECNL???
    Real would also come in first if they played ECNL so there is that. How is a local town team better than all the east coast ECNL teams for 06?

Comment

Real would also come in first if they played ECNL so there is that. How is a local town team better than all the east coast ECNL teams for 06?
      06's are freshmen in HS - has the Real team been together a long time?

Comment

Has Real played any ECNL teams in the past?

Comment

Has Tophat?

Comment

theyve beaten a bunch in tournaments, delco, fsa, susa 06

Comment

Somewhat yes and not all 06 are in HS. My 06 is in 8th grade with a December birthdate.

Where are all the 06 ECNL fanboys/parents that want to compare to Real?

Comment

Has Tophat?
                What does Tophat have to do with Real?

Comment

theyve beaten a bunch in tournaments, delco, fsa, susa 06
                  Their GotSoccer page says they tied SUSA. Delco and FSA definitely among the weaker ECNL teams in the division. These results wouldn't lead me to think they could beat PDA Blue.

Comment

Real proves that occasionally a team can come and compete with the big clubs but they are basically the exception that proves the rule. A series of games across ages between real nj and pda would probably be ugly, even if they might compete or win one of the games. The fact that club v club based leagues exist at all is the biggest obstacle to consolidating to achieve the best possible competition.

Comment

Doesn’t Tophat own Real?

What does Tophat have to do with Real?

Comment

Doesn’t Tophat own Real?
                        Never heard that before. Their website says they are affiliated with the Philadelphia Union.

Comment

Oh I assumed they did since being discussed under Tophat thread.

Never heard that before. Their website says they are affiliated with the Philadelphia Union.

Comment

Yes 99% of their players have been together since U8 as they pretty much focus on home grown players and rarely take players on from the outside.

Comment

Yes 99% of their players have been together since U8 as they pretty much focus on home grown players and rarely take players on from the outside.
                              Sometimes I wonder if staying with the same teammates and coach is good for player development. I guess it probably depends, but I kind of feel like it's important for player development to hear from different coaches, play with different players, play in different formations and systems, etc.

Comment

So they didn't expand the roster when they went from small sided to large sided? And what is 1% of an 18-player roster?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X