Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your post started in the right direction. Then you go hopping on the bandwagon, insulting 9 and 10 year old's that you don't even know. Another misguided "townie". Go play rec soccer then if you don't like the competition part of sports.
    I think the insult was aimed at the parents and coaches involved. Not far off for some of them/

Comment

I think the insult was aimed at the parents and coaches involved. Not far off for some of them/
      You are attacking 9 and 10 year olds because the coaches and parents are just organizing players that their kids are friends with and want to play together. They don’t let politics and pandemics get in the way of their kids having fun playing with their friends. You can continue to complain about how unfair life is or you can dig in and do whatever it takes to give your kids what you believe make them happy. Why don’t you introduce yourself to one of these thug parents. I think you’re going to be disappointed when you find out they’re really nice people. We may be even able to help you with the things that are frustrating you so much.

Comment

You are attacking 9 and 10 year olds because the coaches and parents are just organizing players that their kids are friends with and want to play together. They don’t let politics and pandemics get in the way of their kids having fun playing with their friends. You can continue to complain about how unfair life is or you can dig in and do whatever it takes to give your kids what you believe make them happy. Why don’t you introduce yourself to one of these thug parents. I think you’re going to be disappointed when you find out they’re really nice people. We may be even able to help you with the things that are frustrating you so much.
        The last line is my favorite. A phone number to call for that desperately needed help would have been appreciated.

I love the repeat poster who is out of all ammunition and has decided that "townie" is some sort of clever put down. Misguided with that just like everything else given most of the people disagreeing with their point of view have ties to club soccer.

Comment

(951) 262-3062

All your wishes will come true!

Comment

The last line is my favorite. A phone number to call for that desperately needed help would have been appreciated.

I love the repeat poster who is out of all ammunition and has decided that "townie" is some sort of clever put down. Misguided with that just like everything else given most of the people disagreeing with their point of view have ties to club soccer.

You don't need a phone #. All the coaches and managers for both clubs are on social media, FB. Reach out if you would like some advice. All of the people disagreeing are Bayside or townies, like I said. So either way, they don't matter.

Comment

I’m not hiding who I am. Look me up on FB. I’m the JH of Ambush. I have no affiliation to any club or town. My affiliation is my kids, my kids friends and all the kids and families I ever coached. I played growing up for 15 years and have been coaching for just over 10. Reach out if you have any questions I love talking soccer and the kids are all I care about. You’re going to be disappointed if you’re looking for a selfish bone head. Trust me I think there is a perfect club or team for everyone. I wish RI soccer could be better without money, politics and self centered people.

Comment

I’m not hiding who I am. Look me up on FB. I’m the JH of Ambush. I have no affiliation to any club or town. My affiliation is my kids, my kids friends and all the kids and families I ever coached. I played growing up for 15 years and have been coaching for just over 10. Reach out if you have any questions I love talking soccer and the kids are all I care about. You’re going to be disappointed if you’re looking for a selfish bone head. Trust me I think there is a perfect club or team for everyone. I wish RI soccer could be better without money, politics and self centered people.
                This has not helped people's perception of you. TS has a lot of trolls. Don't give in to it and sink to such a low level.

Comment

Did anyone have a game this weekend at WW? How'd it go? My kids team's first game is next weekend.

Comment

Did anyone have a game this weekend at WW? How'd it go? My kids team's first game is next weekend.
                    NO games for us. Our town is doing nothing. Our coach is doing nothing. And none of the parents want to "risk it." Such a bummer. Is there a place, thread something where parents can get their kid placed as a guest player on other teams for towns who are actually playing?

Comment

NO games for us. Our town is doing nothing. Our coach is doing nothing. And none of the parents want to "risk it." Such a bummer. Is there a place, thread something where parents can get their kid placed as a guest player on other teams for towns who are actually playing?

What age group and m/f?

Comment

Also, what is your location?

Comment

Check with WW. They may know of teams that were looking for kids that may still be a bit shorthanded.

Comment

Check with WW. They may know of teams that were looking for kids that may still be a bit shorthanded.
                            That is a really good idea. I don't think parents want to come on TS and mention their town and age group and give their contact info online. Mention to WWIS your kid needs a team and they will likely hook you up atleast give you a couple coaches emails.

Comment

That is a really good idea. I don't think parents want to come on TS and mention their town and age group and give their contact info online. Mention to WWIS your kid needs a team and they will likely hook you up atleast give you a couple coaches emails.

No, that is not a good idea. You are telling this person to contact WW, and ask them for coaches emails? What is WW scouting for teams now? Yet you don't want them to post their info. No issue giving age group, location. Southern RI/Northern RI is all i was looking for, no need to list the town. Also, I did not ask for their contact info. If the person posted an age group and area (North/South), i would have tried to point them in a direction so their child could play. Sorry for trying to help a parent that asked for help, geez

Comment

No, that is not a good idea. You are telling this person to contact WW, and ask them for coaches emails? What is WW scouting for teams now? Yet you don't want them to post their info. No issue giving age group, location. Southern RI/Northern RI is all i was looking for, no need to list the town. Also, I did not ask for their contact info. If the person posted an age group and area (North/South), i would have tried to point them in a direction so their child could play. Sorry for trying to help a parent that asked for help, geez
                                I think the poster was just suggesting WWIS might be able to put them in touch with some coaches that are participating. That isn't really scouting.

Age group and location could help too, if posters here know of some active teams with space.

Another suggestion for the parents would be to look on SRI's site for contact info of nearby town programs. The towns usually have websites that are pretty easy to find as well. Some have been pretty good about posting whether they have registration or are out due to Covid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X