Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s not a fact just because you say it is. A fact requires verifiable evidence, which you cannot provide on this anonymous sh1tshow of a board. People typically refer to what you’re saying as a rumor.
    Or a fact.

Comment

I agree it brings little to NYSC. Players are finding their way there without having a deal in place. BS has no real assets to acquire.
      yes no assets other than intangibles (brand, haha) and arguably they have a negative net worth with potential unaccounted liabilities in the form of lawsuits.

nysc chairman of the board is an ex GS m&a partner so they are no dummies when it comes to this stuff.

Comment

I agree it’s never going to happen but it’s a fact the MK requested and had a meeting with NYSC to explore the idea. This shows you how desperate the Greek is. At first I did not believe it either but verifiered via multiple independent sources.

Crazy how quickly things can go bad. Before he went chasing DA he was king of the hill.
        Was not disagreeing that MK would hope for a merger, just refuting that it was ever an option for BS. You are confirming it was an option for NYSC, which they apparently declined.

Comment

Anybody have a final tally of players leaving BS for NYSC?

Comment

yes no assets other than intangibles (brand, haha) and arguably they have a negative net worth with potential unaccounted liabilities in the form of lawsuits.

nysc chairman of the board is an ex GS m&a partner so they are no dummies when it comes to this stuff.
            Five minutes with the BS financials probably told them all they need to know. Actually, my college frosh with an Accounting 101 class under his belt could probably do the same.

Comment

Tally of players

Anybody have a final tally of players leaving BS for NYSC?
              Not sure what the real final tally is, but the number is larger than previously thought. Just some are better at keeping it on the down low for longer.

I believe just about every age group was hit with at least 1, and in some cases 3-5 players.

My conservative guess is going to be 11-13 players from Beachside leave for NYSC. But that is only PART of the exodus.

Some are going back to town travel
              Some are going back to play HS
              Some are going to NYCFC
              1 stud moved to KC

The REAL number of players leaving the club is the REAL number, and its in the 20-35 range.

Monroe can't happen fast enough for this club, they need to change their demographic, they're going to lose badly in an arms race with NYCFC and NYSC.

Everyone will be watching Beachside's performance this year, and it'll get ugly in the fall.

Comment

Five minutes with the BS financials probably told them all they need to know. Actually, my college frosh with an Accounting 101 class under his belt could probably do the same.
                Fun Fact. Since BS is a non profit you can look at some of their financials on line for free. I'm posting a link but it might not work without signing up (which is free www.guidestar.org)

https://www.guidestar.org/FinDocumen...0ecb3133-9.pdf

Income Expenses

2012 653,818 expenses NA
                2013 674,881 expenses NA
                2014 702,729 659,778
                2015 1,125,370 914,212
                2016 1,131,691 1,114,442

2016 Revenues - Member fees
                2016 Expenses (000)
                "Mangement"" $609.5
                Legal $48
                Advertising $10.5
                Office $27.7
                IT $21.5
                Travel 31.0
                Facility Fees 166.7
                Banquet* 37.7
                Tournaments 49.9
                Uniforms 12.6
                Other 95.5

** with funds raised at the banquet to counter those expenses

Comment

Not sure what the real final tally is, but the number is larger than previously thought. Just some are better at keeping it on the down low for longer.

I believe just about every age group was hit with at least 1, and in some cases 3-5 players.

My conservative guess is going to be 11-13 players from Beachside leave for NYSC. But that is only PART of the exodus.

Some are going back to town travel
                  Some are going back to play HS
                  Some are going to NYCFC
                  1 stud moved to KC

The REAL number of players leaving the club is the REAL number, and its in the 20-35 range.

Monroe can't happen fast enough for this club, they need to change their demographic, they're going to lose badly in an arms race with NYCFC and NYSC.

Everyone will be watching Beachside's performance this year, and it'll get ugly in the fall.
                  When news came out that they were going to build in Monroe there was speculation as to whether or not that was a good location for them (different demographics, probably lose some affluent folks in south FC). Also, not having a facility is only one of their problems but not actually building the promised facility brought them many headaches

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X