Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Soccer Needs to Add U16 DA - How do we do it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer Needs to Add U16 DA - How do we do it?

I see failure in the US Soccer Development Academy forcing over half the players out of the program when they are 14 and 15 years old by combining U16 and U17. On our team only 3 players out of 18 are remaining in the Development Academy from U15 to the U16/U17 Team - that's 83% of the best players being forced out of US Soccer if other teams pick like our team does. A top Corinthians Development Coach stated that the worst player at 13 and 14 years old can be the best player at 15 and 16 years old due to growth and life changes given the have adequate technical skills. The point being Brazil cultivates the age group and the US Soccer pushes them out of the program at age 14 and 15 years old. With the change of leadership, I would expect a change but I have not seen one yet. It looks to be a lot of talk and no action from US Soccer. BTW, 95% of the US Teams come from the Development Academy Program.

How do we get US Soccer's Attention?

The U18/U19 combination is not that bad due to many of the boys go to College at U19 but they should be separated too; however, I think the priority should be U16.

Additionally, the Academies should like to have additional revenue of another 18 players.

no one cares

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I see failure in the US Soccer Development Academy forcing over half the players out of the program when they are 14 and 15 years old by combining U16 and U17. On our team only 3 players out of 18 are remaining in the Development Academy from U15 to the U16/U17 Team - that's 83% of the best players being forced out of US Soccer if other teams pick like our team does. A top Corinthians Development Coach stated that the worst player at 13 and 14 years old can be the best player at 15 and 16 years old due to growth and life changes given the have adequate technical skills. The point being Brazil cultivates the age group and the US Soccer pushes them out of the program at age 14 and 15 years old. With the change of leadership, I would expect a change but I have not seen one yet. It looks to be a lot of talk and no action from US Soccer. BTW, 95% of the US Teams come from the Development Academy Program.

The U18/U19 combination is not that bad due to many of the boys go to College at U19 but they should be separated too; however, I think the priority should be U16.

Additionally, the Academies should like to have additional revenue of another 18 players.
      If your kid isn't skilled enough to make the older team there's a reason for it - he's not that good. Splitting up the U17s is just a way to keep more players into DA (and out of somewhere else) and for clubs to make more money. Skilled players should be playing older, bigger, faster kids. However, given the new USSF president is a former investment banker guy it's pretty likely they'll split it next year, the year following at the latest. Non MLS clubs are feeling a little pinched by ECNL (for the lower level players who are still the bread and butter) and having another team helps their bottom line. It isn't about the soccer.

Comment

It's how it should be. Those (best) 3 will be pushed and accelerated in their development rest should be thinking about being a stud in high-school soccer focus on studies and look towards being ready for college. If some are missed and sent away and they somehow able to make it back that is also the test or hurdle to determine if they have what it takes. Hard and painful for boys at these ages but most should be focusing on other things by that age.

USSF is looking to develop national team and MLS talent rest are just fill. 4 years in the system.

The tier system will come and highscool soccer will be allowed for the lower tiers at the older ages. This will help keep ECNL boys at bay.

Comment

Mickey is that you?

Comment

Is your kid going to do pre-academy?

Comment

Is your kid going to do pre-academy?
              May as well set your cash on fire

Comment

The DA in the Northeast is a true JV league. The west and in Texas it’s good but wow the Northeast got crushed by the ECNL

Comment

Mickey is that you?
                  Is your kid going to do pre academy?

Comment

The DA in the Northeast is a true JV league. The west and in Texas it’s good but wow the Northeast got crushed by the ECNL
                    OW didn't. Ask FSA.

Comment

OW didn't. Ask FSA.
                      League, not team.... you idiot

Comment

League, not team.... you idiot
                        You have albertson and fsa this past year ..... don't throw stones.

Comment

There is a solution it's called Northeast Pre-Academy League U16 10 month program.

Baltimore Armour (Md.)
                          Beachside SC (Conn.)
                          Bethesda SC (Md.)
                          Everton FC Westchester (N.Y.)
                          Met Oval (N.Y.)
                          New York Cosmos (N.Y.)
                          Oakwood SC (Conn.)
                          PA Classics (Pa.)
                          PDA (N.J.)
                          Richmond United (Va.)
                          Seacoast United (N.H.)
                          Virginia Development Academy (Va.)

MLS clubs really separate them selves by that age. If your not professional or top tier D1 program talent you should at least explore other options. The idea is to funnel the can consolidate the talent help accelerate development those that remain. Harsh imperfect system. MLS clubs U18/19 and U17/U16 teams are a mixed bag of ages they are really looking to ID there top pro potential talent where as nonMLS clubs lean heavy on older of the two birth years.

Comment

There is a solution it's called Northeast Pre-Academy League U16 10 month program.

Baltimore Armour (Md.)
                            Beachside SC (Conn.)
                            Bethesda SC (Md.)
                            Everton FC Westchester (N.Y.)
                            Met Oval (N.Y.)
                            New York Cosmos (N.Y.)
                            Oakwood SC (Conn.)
                            PA Classics (Pa.)
                            PDA (N.J.)
                            Richmond United (Va.)
                            Seacoast United (N.H.)
                            Virginia Development Academy (Va.)

MLS clubs really separate them selves by that age. If your not professional or top tier D1 program talent you should at least explore other options. The idea is to funnel the can consolidate the talent help accelerate development those that remain. Harsh imperfect system. MLS clubs U18/19 and U17/U16 teams are a mixed bag of ages they are really looking to ID there top pro potential talent where as nonMLS clubs lean heavy on older of the two birth years.
                            GDA has similar although it's smaller. Multiple trips to VA and MD. Yippeee

Comment

GDA has similar although it's smaller. Multiple trips to VA and MD. Yippeee
                              If done smart farthest teams do double header weekend for VA and Maryland one game Sat one game Sunday.

This should be the best of the rest and even boys ECNL will have you in a car just as much but only for 6 months. EDP NPL travel can get pretty crazy to in top division of older groups.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X