Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    USSF made a big mistake not doing a girls league when or shortly after they started BDA. That left the door wide open for ECNL to establish itself, even essentially copying the BDA structure. USSF didn't even entertain the thought of GDA gain until the WNT started lawsuits over unequal treatment relative to the men's team. The publicity over that was terrible
    And to think that their solution was the crap-arse GDA, just shows how out of touch the brass is.

Comment

USSF made a big mistake not doing a girls league when or shortly after they started BDA. That left the door wide open for ECNL to establish itself, even essentially copying the BDA structure. USSF didn't even entertain the thought of GDA gain until the WNT started lawsuits over unequal treatment relative to the men's team. The publicity over that was terrible
      OK, maybe that's true. But, when you have club ownership and league ownership one in the same, it's not really an open competition, is it? They'll make the rules, allow who they want in, and shape the narrative.

Follow the money.

Comment

Both the sycophants for ECNL and GDA are ridiculous. The amount of travel, time and money both leagues require to get 90% of the players to the same college level as NPL players show you how badly parents are desperate to chase the patch. Have at it if it strokes your ego and can handle the sacrifices, but just know your di*k measuring contests here are laughable. Your kids are probably more mature.

Comment

Both the sycophants for ECNL and GDA are ridiculous. The amount of travel, time and money both leagues require to get 90% of the players to the same college level as NPL players show you how badly parents are desperate to chase the patch. Have at it if it strokes your ego and can handle the sacrifices, but just know your di*k measuring contests here are laughable. Your kids are probably more mature.
          How do yo know that folks typing here are not from the 10 pct ?

Comment

This is silly. The strongest players in our club played high school and then DA. I’m not saying high school is so great, but it’s not as though they fell behind.
            How do you know? what top level players who did just GDA do you have to benchmark? Surely you will only know if/when they start competing regularly vs no HS players?

You will never know, thats the point, too many other factors impact it.

Comment

How do yo know that folks typing here are not from the 10 pct ?
              If they are, even more embarrassing. If your kid is a clear soccer NT or top 25 D1 level player, why the heck would you feel the need to be here measuring your Johnson like a 13 year old boy. Why the insecurity? Enjoy your kids talent, where it takes her and grow the f-up already.

Comment

Lol. So what is the ECNL doing here then? Same logic really applies to that league if you actually want to go down that path.
                ^^ This
                its simple ECNL allows kids to play fro "awards" in HS. Parents don want to fess up to the ego part of it, but its huge. They love reading about their kids on the local paper or on the internet, because for many, its the only ink they will get.

Have at it.

Comment

If they are, even more embarrassing. If your kid is a clear soccer NT or top 25 D1 level player, why the heck would you feel the need to be here measuring your Johnson like a 13 year old boy. Why the insecurity? Enjoy your kids talent, where it takes her and grow the f-up already.
                  Not at all. why should those people be forced to read how their decisions are Cr@p from people all the time. Heck why are you here caring? Its no different to anyone else typing.

This is the girls youth soccer paradigm. Is designed to allow the mediocre to have all the "rights"

- to spend
                  - to call their kids elite
                  - to pretend they are in some exclusive league
                  - to tell the parents of truly elite kids that they should be quiet and just enjoy it (You)
                  - to tell parents they are fools for supporting their kids talent
                  - that they are fools for being in the GDA because they could get the same from other leagues

we change leagues and clubs to lower the bar enough to make money. Lets just call it what it is, but you have no business telling anyone what they can and cannot type here.

Comment

I came here for an argument.

Comment

Not at all. why should those people be forced to read how their decisions are Cr@p from people all the time. Heck why are you here caring? Its no different to anyone else typing.

This is the girls youth soccer paradigm. Is designed to allow the mediocre to have all the "rights"

- to spend
                      - to call their kids elite
                      - to pretend they are in some exclusive league
                      - to tell the parents of truly elite kids that they should be quiet and just enjoy it (You)
                      - to tell parents they are fools for supporting their kids talent
                      - that they are fools for being in the GDA because they could get the same from other leagues

we change leagues and clubs to lower the bar enough to make money. Lets just call it what it is, but you have no business telling anyone what they can and cannot type here.
                      My point is that ALL you GDA or ECNL sycophants are embarrassing when you get into the “my league is better than your league.” You have every right to do it, sound like a bunch of childish insecure babies, regardless of how good your kid actually is or how far soccer will take them.

Comment

My point is that ALL you GDA or ECNL sycophants are embarrassing when you get into the “my league is better than your league.” You have every right to do it, sound like a bunch of childish insecure babies, regardless of how good your kid actually is or how far soccer will take them.
                        Well thats all you had to say. We are yet to see what GDA product looks like. we will have to wait. I think your childish insecure babies comment sounds more like you. some folks here expressing opinions dont seem like that to me.

Comment

Well thats all you had to say. We are yet to see what GDA product looks like. we will have to wait. I think your childish insecure babies comment sounds more like you. some folks here expressing opinions dont seem like that to me.
                          OK let me make this more clear, so you can understand me. I’m not talking about the opinions expressed. I have no problem with expressing opinions, opinions are good. Opinions that spur on debate and discussion are awesome. I was, and still am speaking specifically to those who are posting the “my league is better than your league” posts. If you are posting 💩 like “Have fun in HS” “How’s it feel to be in a 2nd rate League” or “Enjoy playing Seacoast and Albertson” or any other such embarrassing, immature di*k measuring posts, I will continue to assume you are an insecure baby.

And don’t assume I am not involved with one of these leagues either. But the sycophants who argue one path over another all the way down the line and their “neener neener” posts are so old.

Comment

My d would be embarrassed to play on an NPL team. It would be unthinkable.

Comment

Ikr? I mean total losers that suffer the humiliation of getting chosen to compete for the USA on youth teams play on npl teams. Please, that is way below my kid.

Comment

This makes perfect sense. Embarrassment is a self-conscious emotion from a lack of confidence. Players that know where they stand in the soccer hierarchy are perfectly content playing on NPL teams. As another poster just wrote NT players are in NPL.

For the majority of us that really aren't sure, the ECNL/DA badge is our pacifier.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X