Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hire a videotape of the entire game and send it to the coach in its entirety. Then you can go from there. There is good technology available to prevent the players from being more damaged by this stupid fight then they already are.
    Thanks, good idea. For profit and power...screw the kids mentality really sucks. I understand that the ECNL is a for profit provider is running a business, but I guess I expected more from the USSF. They really don't care about the majority.

Comment

Thanks, good idea. For profit and power...screw the kids mentality really sucks. I understand that the ECNL is a for profit provider is running a business, but I guess I expected more from the USSF. They really don't care about the majority.
      Maybe ECNL could pretend to schedule their events on a certain date until USSF puts the same date on the GDA calendar. Then the ECNL could switch the date back to their preferred date and avoid the conflict. A simple soccer fake.

Comment

A coach just told my daughter that they wouldn't able to see her play in Seattle at the ECNL Nationals because he will be in CA at Academy Nationals. It just sucks that USSF and ECNL wage war against each other by scheduling events at same time, and guess who suffers the most, the kids. I feel like boycotting the USWNT game in CT in July, but then that only hurts the girls playing and my kid that wants to go watch.
        Most schools will send representatives to both places just like they did for FL. Ballsy move by the DA. Will blow up in their face next year when crickets are the loudest noises coming from their events.

Comment

A coach just told my daughter that they wouldn't able to see her play in Seattle at the ECNL Nationals because he will be in CA at Academy Nationals. It just sucks that USSF and ECNL wage war against each other by scheduling events at same time, and guess who suffers the most, the kids. I feel like boycotting the USWNT game in CT in July, but then that only hurts the girls playing and my kid that wants to go watch.
          so silly all of this. so silly. your kid doesn't have to be 'there' to get recruited. silly goose

Comment

Brought to you by the Oakwood cheerleader.

The absolute best event in the country was PDA a few weeks ago. 300 coaches there and all levels represented.

These late season finals are over rated. If you want to point fingers, blame ECNL for putting their event in Seattle. Ridiculous.

This local ******* match is a joke. If college soccer isn’t your goal Oakwood is perfect

Comment

Most schools will send representatives to both places just like they did for FL. Ballsy move by the DA. Will blow up in their face next year when crickets are the loudest noises coming from their events.
              Dik move by USSF is a better description. Yes schools can send people to both but it's definitely less convenient and inefficient. If a player can't get in front of a head coach then it's guaranteed they'll have to attend an ID event. It's also easier for two coaches to cover one event than one coach at one event.

Comment

so silly all of this. so silly. your kid doesn't have to be 'there' to get recruited. silly goose
                Of course you can do on campus ID events. In fact you probably will have to since coaches often can't stay and watch you for very long at a showcase. But if you see that coaches aren't showing up to see you at an event then you won't waste time and money doing ones that probably won't get you anywhere. Conversely if they do show up and seem genuinely interested then the program may be a good fit and you definitely should go to their ID event.

Comment

USSF is just as much about the money and even more about power and control. They're no angels. It's not about the soccer. ECNL has had the same dates for years. USSF intentionally chose their dates to overlap. College coaches aren't too happy about it.

Comment

USSF is like the ultimate tiger soccer mom. It thinks it knows what is best for its children and trys to control everything (taking away highschool soccer and subing rules. Like others noted the primary consumers of youth soccer players, their parents and college coaches if forced will revolt. Scheduling on top ECNL events may work in the short term but long run the consumers will do what they want. Focus on making a better product for them they will choose you however USSF seems more interest is a ******* match.

The N that play “high level” soccer at highschool age and in college far out number on or realistic have chance at national team.

High level is defined as will to commit significant amount time and money on competive soccer.

PDA is like the oldest most mature child saying enough is enough you don’t control us.

Comment

USSF is like the ultimate tiger soccer mom. It thinks it knows what is best for its children and trys to control everything (taking away highschool soccer and subing rules. Like others noted the primary consumers of youth soccer players, their parents and college coaches if forced will revolt. Scheduling on top ECNL events may work in the short term but long run the consumers will do what they want. Focus on making a better product for them they will choose you however USSF seems more interest is a ******* match.

The N that play “high level” soccer at highschool age and in college far out number on or realistic have chance at national team.

High level is defined as will to commit significant amount time and money on competive soccer.

PDA is like the oldest most mature child saying enough is enough you don’t control us.
                      The propaganda NEVER stops. Only in America is High level defined as will to commit significant amount time and money on competitive soccer.

maybe when high level actually has some correlation to talent, we can then decide on a real system for it. as long as who can pay is the biggest single determinant, we will have this eternal fight for market share and dollars.

Reading the people trying to apportion blame one way or the other is at best amusing. at worst just tiresome.

Comment

The propaganda NEVER stops. Only in America is High level defined as will to commit significant amount time and money on competitive soccer.

maybe when high level actually has some correlation to talent, we can then decide on a real system for it. as long as who can pay is the biggest single determinant, we will have this eternal fight for market share and dollars.

Reading the people trying to apportion blame one way or the other is at best amusing. at worst just tiresome.
                        So go read something else. For those of us with players stuck in this crap, discussing who served us up this pile of **** is compelling even if useless.

Comment

So go read something else. For those of us with players stuck in this crap, discussing who served us up this pile of **** is compelling even if useless.
                          The highest organization in the land served up this s**t pile. Most of this was all predicted when USSF made it clear it was more about volume than quality.

Comment

The highest organization in the land served up this s**t pile. Most of this was all predicted when USSF made it clear it was more about volume than quality.
                            When exactly did they do that? What is the ECNL about ?

Comment

When exactly did they do that? What is the ECNL about ?
                              They are about the same thing. We needed another high cost, high travel league for girls soccer like we needed a hole in the head.

Comment

They are about the same thing. We needed another high cost, high travel league for girls soccer like we needed a hole in the head.
                                so is your point one is enough? or there should be none ? the notion that the ECNL was doing jut fine providing a great service is as stupid as the GDA is great narrative. One is to some degree restricted by its position, the other is an example of how a group will evolve when its products are defined by parents - the consumers. You will get more of what sells to the majority and not necessarily whats best for the very best.

The decision makers at the USSF are so far removed from what is actually happening on the ground that the rules they make are often out of touch and impractical. I can see why they would not trust the ECNL management

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X