Not quite goodbye, but aging out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone post the link to the aggregator man data? I'm the U12 dad fading in. Missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can someone post the link to the aggregator man data? I'm the U12 dad fading in. Missed that one.
      This is a couple of years old. The U15 team referenced here is the current 00s. GDA might make this less relevant, too. But, it does show OW's commitment to its own players is less than zero.

Links used to link to OW rosters. Not sure if they still do.

U14s
      7/17 of the current U14s were retained from U12 (two of these are daughters of club officials and one of a prominent UCONN basketball coach).

https://web.archive.org/web/20121213...2/index_E.html

versus

U14: http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerC...4/index_E.html

===
      U15s
      5/16 players retained from U13

U13 here: http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerClub/637216.html

versus

http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerC...5/index_E.html

===
      U16s
      1/17 players retained from U12

https://web.archive.org/web/20100414...2/index_E.html

versus

http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerC...6/index_E.html

U14: http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerC...4/index_E.html
      U15: http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerC...5/index_E.html
      U16: http://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/SoccerC...6/index_E.html

Comment

Don't pay too much attention to aggregator man. It's interesting to look at. But if you could do a similar analysis at other clubs you would find similar results. Some players will not turn into higher level players no matter where they train. They either don't have the skill, the drive or both. Puberty also changes things for some players. As a natural progression some players will leave the club - either moving up or down levels or stop playing altogether. The odds of staying at a club from say u11 to U17 is quite low. Also, a top club always should be looking at outside talent and trying to improve. You don't want excessive turnover but some is perfectly normal

- not at OW and actually I'm not a fan either

Comment

Don't pay too much attention to aggregator man. It's interesting to look at. But if you could do a similar analysis at other clubs you would find similar results. Some players will not turn into higher level players no matter where they train. They either don't have the skill, the drive or both. Puberty also changes things for some players. As a natural progression some players will leave the club - either moving up or down levels or stop playing altogether. The odds of staying at a club from say u11 to U17 is quite low. Also, a top club always should be looking at outside talent and trying to improve. You don't want excessive turnover but some is perfectly normal

- not at OW and actually I'm not a fan either
          Huh? No claim was made that this applies or does not apply to any other club. Everyone is welcome to show similar statistics for FSA, CFC, or whichever club. Nobody has.

This just shows that OW aggregates and dumps its own players. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

Lots of those kids at OW ended up ECNL elsewhere. It's an interesting trip down memory lane. That U12 team is heading off to college next year. Many of thoseonce little kids will be playing.

I dont think any of the members of the "juggler's Club" went on to further fame though...

Comment

Huh? No claim was made that this applies or does not apply to any other club. Everyone is welcome to show similar statistics for FSA, CFC, or whichever club. Nobody has.

This just shows that OW aggregates and dumps its own players. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.
              Realistically everyone does. I can think of kids that my daughter played with at OW that don't even play in HS. Some of them were the very best kids on the U9 and U10 teams. In many cases, they could no longer keep up with the game when it moved to the larger field. For others the game became physical at around U13 and they could no longer handle. Other players moved onto clubs that were a better fit. There are more than a few ex OW kids on these strong ECNL teams including one that is committed to a D1 school that was passed over as a very young player at OW. It's not an exact science.

Comment

Lots of those kids at OW ended up ECNL elsewhere. It's an interesting trip down memory lane. That U12 team is heading off to college next year. Many of thoseonce little kids will be playing.

I dont think any of the members of the "juggler's Club" went on to further fame though...
                No they didn't, that was the point. They got booted and no one knew where they ended up. They were replaced, they did not leave willingly.

Comment

Not fair to say they "dump" their players. I'm sure a few were cut, but like someone said some kids get cut. Even great coaches can only do so much, I wouldn't say all OW coaches are "great" or even close. But also players move up or move down, or just move to other clubs. Some just stop. Many of the kids my now U17 played with at U11-14 are gone from that club for all those reasons.

Comment

Not fair to say they "dump" their players. I'm sure a few were cut, but like someone said some kids get cut. Even great coaches can only do so much, I wouldn't say all OW coaches are "great" or even close. But also players move up or move down, or just move to other clubs. Some just stop. Many of the kids my now U17 played with at U11-14 are gone from that club for all those reasons.
                    It wasn't a few. It was most. The numbers say 70%. I call that dumping.

Comment

It wasn't a few. It was most. The numbers say 70%. I call that dumping.
                      Woah there. It is known than many players - who were NPL up until this year - moved to FSA and CFC United. That isn't dumping. That is a willingness to leave for something higher level than what OW had at the time. Unless you survey all those players and ask them why they left and where they went, you cannot say they were dumped. Stop making sh*t up

Comment

Woah there. It is known than many players - who were NPL up until this year - moved to FSA and CFC United. That isn't dumping. That is a willingness to leave for something higher level than what OW had at the time. Unless you survey all those players and ask them why they left and where they went, you cannot say they were dumped. Stop making sh*t up
                        Did you read what was posted?

What was posted was supported by OW's own rosters. So no sh*t is made up. Just because you don't like something does not mean it is #FakeNews or made up sh*t.

You probably also read that this information is a few years old, before GDA. So, it might not reflect whatever is happening now. HOWEVER, the information supported by evidence does show OW replacing kids it developed with kids developed elsewhere in large numbers, and so accurately refutes the notion that OW develops players. In fact, because OW attracts the strongest and best young players, this shows that OW fails to develop the best players while other clubs develop less capable players to be better quality.

Makes your head spin, right? Well, take it out of that dark space and the taste will go away eventually.

Comment

Did you read what was posted?

What was posted was supported by OW's own rosters. So no sh*t is made up. Just because you don't like something does not mean it is #FakeNews or made up sh*t.

You probably also read that this information is a few years old, before GDA. So, it might not reflect whatever is happening now. HOWEVER, the information supported by evidence does show OW replacing kids it developed with kids developed elsewhere in large numbers, and so accurately refutes the notion that OW develops players. In fact, because OW attracts the strongest and best young players, this shows that OW fails to develop the best players while other clubs develop less capable players to be better quality.

Makes your head spin, right? Well, take it out of that dark space and the taste will go away eventually.
                          All you are doing is posting numbers. It doesn't tell the story as to WHY and WHERE

Comment

All you are doing is posting numbers. It doesn't tell the story as to WHY and WHERE
                            Seventy percent replaced with players developed elsewhere. That's what you need to know.

Why couldn't OW keep them, keep them interested in soccer, keep them in the sport, or why OW kicked them out ... there is no answer that reflects well on OW and certainly all answers tell us that OW does not develop players.

Comment

To be honest, those aren't the kids anyone is talking about. I'm talking about kids who only played at Oakwood from YTL and then were pushed out and ended up in travel, Sporting, Wolves etc. The recent kids going to CFC was all about playing high school. All of those girls would have never left the club.

The dirty secret at OW is that around U13 they will bring in outsiders to replace some of the homegrown kids

Comment

Seventy percent replaced with players developed elsewhere. That's what you need to know.

Why couldn't OW keep them, keep them interested in soccer, keep them in the sport, or why OW kicked them out ... there is no answer that reflects well on OW and certainly all answers tell us that OW does not develop players.
                                Let me ask you this. Isn't the exact same thing that's going to happen to players on the U13 "ECNL" team at CFC? CFC is going to find the best kids possible for that ECNL team. There won't be any loyalty to those that have been with that branch for years.

Same exact concept at OW. The only difference is that with the Academy several players opted to leave the program. For most it worked and having known the families, I couldn't be more pleased for them.

end of story.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X