Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a reasonable roster size for 9v9?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    POST 42: "Encourage ball hogs and confidence, especially at the younger ages." ... was that you, massengill?
    ^^^^^ Can't believe this guy thinks it's mouthwash. Amazing how some people even remember to breathe.

Comment

Lots of kids double roster and work hard to make sure they don't miss town events. Those are the hard core players you want. Some abuse it; those are the ones to avoid. In any case most only do it for a year or two and it gets to be too much. Some clubs ban it also.
      Yeah my kid is only 10 so it’s not too intense. Another year or so and then town will have to take a backseat.

Comment

I agree ... probably a good reason to work on them at younger ages, don't you think? How does dribbling incessantly fix a poor touch?
        Holy sh!t go stick to playing a different sport you dumb ****; obviously you never played or have any experience in soccer before except for d!cking the coaches nutsacks. The first fundamental of playing soccer is to learn how to dribble. Dribbling involves ball control in every aspect, who cares if the kid is selfish—as they become older they will learn to pass and understand more about tactics. Nowadays, some clubs are doing the opposite and decide to work on possession and such which is a stupid idea For kids at a very young age. I’m not going to look back at this thread filled with stupidity;oh and my kid plays for BWG in case someone will make an asspull remark about which club I’m coming from;

To the op, in my opinion for a 9v9, I would ideally say 12 players and at MAX 13. Obviously as they become older they would have 11v11 but transitioning from 9v9 to 11v11 is simple since those kids know each other; even more obvious(to the other idiot parents in previous comments) would be that there’s this event called tryouts where players attend to test their ability to join a team. Whoever said 18 players for a 9v9 for a roster size team should stop being a greedy ****whore and be smart for once. No I’m not mad, this is called common sense—use your brain geez. US soccers future isn’t looking bright with soccer dad coaching.

Peace

Comment

Holy sh!t go stick to playing a different sport you dumb ****; obviously you never played or have any experience in soccer before except for d!cking the coaches nutsacks. The first fundamental of playing soccer is to learn how to dribble. Dribbling involves ball control in every aspect, who cares if the kid is selfish—as they become older they will learn to pass and understand more about tactics. Nowadays, some clubs are doing the opposite and decide to work on possession and such which is a stupid idea For kids at a very young age. I’m not going to look back at this thread filled with stupidity;oh and my kid plays for BWG in case someone will make an asspull remark about which club I’m coming from;

To the op, in my opinion for a 9v9, I would ideally say 12 players and at MAX 13. Obviously as they become older they would have 11v11 but transitioning from 9v9 to 11v11 is simple since those kids know each other; even more obvious(to the other idiot parents in previous comments) would be that there’s this event called tryouts where players attend to test their ability to join a team. Whoever said 18 players for a 9v9 for a roster size team should stop being a greedy ****whore and be smart for once. No I’m not mad, this is called common sense—use your brain geez. US soccers future isn’t looking bright with soccer dad coaching.

Peace
          I think you should cut back to one cup of coffee a day .... maybe a decaf with no sugar.

PS - Your kid is a stud and should never pass the ball.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X