Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would have to agree with this statement. Very watered down. The competition is very inconsistent. One week we go from a close game, the next week a 10-0 blowout. More blowouts than not. My son has played stronger travel teams than some of these teams in CCSL. I see it as CCSL is just a replacement for CJSA.
    I would have to disagree with you. The first question i would have to ask is what division are you in. If your 2nd or 3rd then wait until you get bumped up before you comment. If your in the first division and your team is that good then the next logical step would be NYCSL or EDP. There will be some travel and I know lots of parents whine about that. You are right that there are blowouts but that's in every league from academy all the way down to rec. The team that are getting blownout are teams that were recently bumped up from division 2 or 3. Or they are "premier teams" that value the $$ over the Performance. My son is currently playing in the first division, part of the PDP/COE program that they have and the competition for the most part has been solid in the division and in the PDP program.

Comment

I would have to disagree with you. The first question i would have to ask is what division are you in. If your 2nd or 3rd then wait until you get bumped up before you comment. If your in the first division and your team is that good then the next logical step would be NYCSL or EDP. There will be some travel and I know lots of parents whine about that. You are right that there are blowouts but that's in every league from academy all the way down to rec. The team that are getting blownout are teams that were recently bumped up from division 2 or 3. Or they are "premier teams" that value the $$ over the Performance. My son is currently playing in the first division, part of the PDP/COE program that they have and the competition for the most part has been solid in the division and in the PDP program.
      add to that there are loads of blow out games in travel and plenty of terrible teams. Even the weaker CCSL teams are certainly better than weak travel teams. Also depends at what age the OP is talking about. Starting at U11 the better travels start leaving travel in bigger numbers and it shows. By U13-14 some towns struggle to field one team and the soccer is pretty awful

Comment

CT Cup Finals Set.

Good luck to all of the teams.

B11 9v9 Middletown vs Suffield
        G11 9v9 Wilton vs New Canaan

B12 9v9 Bethel vs East Lyme
        G12 9v9 Simsbury vs Ridgefield

B13 Darien vs East Hartford
        G13 Wethersfield vs Simsbury

B14 Plainville vs Farmington
        G14 Suffield vs West Hartford

B15 Avon vs Weston
        G15 Weston vs Darien

Comment

add to that there are loads of blow out games in travel and plenty of terrible teams. Even the weaker CCSL teams are certainly better than weak travel teams. Also depends at what age the OP is talking about. Starting at U11 the better travels start leaving travel in bigger numbers and it shows. By U13-14 some towns struggle to field one team and the soccer is pretty awful
          Simple for me. Not a lot of crazy screaming parents at ccsl. Keeps my kids sane without the joystickers

Comment

CT Cup Finals Set.

Good luck to all of the teams.

B11 9v9 Middletown vs Suffield
            G11 9v9 Wilton vs New Canaan

B12 9v9 Bethel vs East Lyme
            G12 9v9 Simsbury vs Ridgefield

B13 Darien vs East Hartford
            G13 Wethersfield vs Simsbury

B14 Plainville vs Farmington
            G14 Suffield vs West Hartford

B15 Avon vs Weston
            G15 Weston vs Darien
            Forgive my ignorance, but how are there u15 games happening during HS season? Are these all just players that can't make their HS teams?

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but how are there u15 games happening during HS season? Are these all just players that can't make their HS teams?
              Likely some older 8th graders who aren't in HS yet and other U14s playing up

Comment

Likely some older 8th graders who aren't in HS yet and other U14s playing up
                Basically all 8th graders some of whom turned 14 in 2017.

Comment

Basically all 8th graders some of whom turned 14 in 2017.
                  Basically split teams from towns that have a few 8th graders with a ton of 7th graders playing up.

Comment

Basically split teams from towns that have a few 8th graders with a ton of 7th graders playing up.
                    The situations I have witnessed were with all 8th graders playing on the U15 team. The 13 yo 7th graders having to play up were playing up on the U14 teams (with other 12 yo 7th graders).

Comment

And the hits keep on coming for CJSA

The money shot ...

"CJSA continues to be an important body in Connecticut soccer but their emphasis on premier level soccer has waned in the last few years. This has resulted in a decrease in the quality of opponents for our teams to play. This was at the heart of our concern and, ultimately, the reason for the switch."

http://www.southeastsoccerclub.com/n...rrer_id=820310

Comment

It was really only a matter of time. This now leaves only Northeast United as the only remaining Premier club in CJSA. You have a couple of low level CFC branches like Sound still in CJSA and some random clubs like Ajax and Shelton FC. I am not surprised it happened but I am surprised at how quickly it happened. CJSA is dead on arrival. Wow!!!!

Comment

It was really only a matter of time. This now leaves only Northeast United as the only remaining Premier club in CJSA. You have a couple of low level CFC branches like Sound still in CJSA and some random clubs like Ajax and Shelton FC. I am not surprised it happened but I am surprised at how quickly it happened. CJSA is dead on arrival. Wow!!!!
                          No shock here. If it's not extremely obvious, this also spells the end of ODP. CJSA will now strictly be a town travel organization.

PS. If you give these clowns $ for ODP you should have your head examined.

Comment

Wow. Shut the lights off Shelton when you leave

Comment

Ginga had teams split across both leagues. My understanding is that all of their teams are moving to CCSL in the Spring. CCSL will now be able to offer multiple brackets with promotion and relegation their top leagues will be competitive. No need for clubs to leave state. This is great for CT. Wish CCSL wasn't so expensive though.

Comment

Ginga had teams split across both leagues. My understanding is that all of their teams are moving to CCSL in the Spring. CCSL will now be able to offer multiple brackets with promotion and relegation their top leagues will be competitive. No need for clubs to leave state. This is great for CT. Wish CCSL wasn't so expensive though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X