Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter Is GDA We believe these “rumors” are true. It’s been whispered for months.
    Boys DA gone and girls are next

Comment

Boys DA gone and girls are next
      GDA might not be there next season, nothing will happen right now they wil finish out the 2017-2018 season.

Comment

GDA might not be there next season, nothing will happen right now they wil finish out the 2017-2018 season.

that is what they told us on the Boys side. So my understanding is the club is having meetings with the u14 DA and below today. All is hush hush some have already told us that parents are now on the hook to get the kids to games and supply hotels when needed now. so we will see. OC is going to be the laughing stalk of the MLS by the end of the season.

Comment

that is what they told us on the Boys side. So my understanding is the club is having meetings with the u14 DA and below today. All is hush hush some have already told us that parents are now on the hook to get the kids to games and supply hotels when needed now. so we will see. OC is going to be the laughing stalk of the MLS by the end of the season.
          ALL FUNDING is GONE. Bottlom Line!!!

OC DA is NOW a Pay for Play Model.

Comment

OC still has to fund the Boys side

Comment

ALL FUNDING is GONE. Bottlom Line!!!

OC DA is NOW a Pay for Play Model.
              I'll believe this when I see it.

All the trolls on this board said there was NO FUNDING on the girl side well into the fall season despite the fact that everyone knew there was.

The trolls have there own agenda...drive players toward their clubs in hopes of improving their weak sauce talent.

Comment

I'll believe this when I see it.

All the trolls on this board said there was NO FUNDING on the girl side well into the fall season despite the fact that everyone knew there was.

The trolls have there own agenda...drive players toward their clubs in hopes of improving their weak sauce talent.
                According to the interim technical director the boys DA will continue to be fully funded for the foreseeable future. We shall see.

Comment

According to the interim technical director the boys DA will continue to be fully funded for the foreseeable future. We shall see.
                  "foreseeable future" -- meaning of that phrase TBD

report is that OCDA U14 and under parents have been told they will have to drive to matches and pay for hotels for Spring season (true? someone in the know please confirm/correct). if true, that's already not "fully funded"

Starting 2018-19 season, "fully funded" for U19s and 17s will mean that MV fills majority of roster spots with incumbent MV kids (or new MV recruits). Those kids are funded by MV tuition -- and don't get confused that because some are on scholarship to MV it's "fully funded" -- it's still a pay-to-play scheme . . . just like the purple/white etc. teams have always been, with a few kids getting free ride because they are top players and parents don't have the $$ to pay.

Comment

report is that OCDA U14 and under parents have been told they will have to drive to matches and pay for hotels for Spring season (true? someone in the know please confirm/correct). if true, that's already not "fully funded"

Starting 2018-19 season, "fully funded" for U19s and 17s will mean that MV fills majority of roster spots with incumbent MV kids (or new MV recruits). Those kids are funded by MV tuition -- and don't get confused that because some are on scholarship to MV it's "fully funded" -- it's still a pay-to-play scheme . . . just like the purple/white etc. teams have always been, with a few kids getting free ride because they are top players and parents don't have the $$ to pay.
                    this is all speculation on your part. it might come to fruition, but you're guessing.

Comment

But, but, but, but.....this can't be right. People "in the know" on an anonymous message board best know for trolling and lying told me it won't be funded and is on the verge of collapse.

Comment

this is all speculation on your part. it might come to fruition, but you're guessing.
                        just watch . . . it is inherent in the dynamic of the finances of the deal and MV mission and incentives

Comment

just watch . . . it is inherent in the dynamic of the finances of the deal and MV mission and incentives
                          Perhaps. I'm sure they will add some more domestic players to MV who are coming solely because they can participate in the DA. I suspect they will also keep interested top local talent NOT ATTENDING MV and those kids will continue to be funded. I also suspect that some elite domestic talent will be recruited and scholarshiped into MV.

The players that will likely get squeezed are the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of the teams. Good players that fill out the team, but are not true prospects and are currently fully funded. Nobody is going to pay for those guys anymore.

Comment

This is false. U13 and u14 are both traveling to Kendall this weekend on a bus and staying in a hotel with no cost to parents. Meals included.

Comment

This is false. U13 and u14 are both traveling to Kendall this weekend on a bus and staying in a hotel with no cost to parents. Meals included.
                              Wait....really? Lolololol. Trolls lose again.

I can't believe the information presented by all these knowledgeable posters on taking soccer is inaccurate. It appears the death of OCYS and DA might be greatly overstated.

Comment

I guess the sky is not falling yet

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X