Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #251  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And your daughter hasn't been invited back, so I assume you are happy.
not feeding the troll.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do they want to play ? When i watched the U17s at the WC and the current u 20 s I dont see any real pattern to the play. It seems like the plan is get it to Smith or Sanchez and hope. I have not see much of the Current U17s.
You are right, that team does play that way. And has for some time. It has not gotten them where they want to be. Four years of BJ Snow set the program way back. Sanchez and Smith are selfish divas, not the only ones, and prohibit any positive team chemistry. A scout I talked to at a DA game said they are building teams to be able to win against two specific styles. They need to be skilled and technical enough to beat the teams like China Korea, Japan, but still have be able to stand up to a very physical game or be able to pound the ball in vs teams happy to pack it in and play for a tie. I guess we will find out this WC if they got it right.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One of the notable exclusions from the roster is NC Courage center back xxxx. She was a mainstay with this team from the first camp and earned call-ups to 10 of the 11 camps over the past year. She also earned the most caps among the defenders with 11 appearances in international games.

Eclipse’s xxxxxx is another tough roster decision left behind. The striker had been a regular with this team, but could not crack the 20-player roster prior to the event. She had two goals in seven appearances over the past year with the U17s.

How does this happen? Surely you should be looking at many players IF you are not sure on a kid. Personally I dont think using 58 / 300 roster spots is a lot over a 2 year period. Look at it this way if you simply selected 2 totally unique groups for the first 2 camps you would have seen that number of kids already and STILL have 9 more camps to refine further.

I think that is shabby treatment of kids. it does not have to be this way if you manage expectations better by not inviting kids to every camp. They really dont have to be at every camp.
What are you talking about? It wasn't that they weren't sure about a kid, someone came in and beat them out of their spot. Isn't that what you want? The kid is probably a great player, but someone came along and did better and was chosen for this roster. Some kids regress and are dropped, some just get beat out. Thats how it goes. Nothing is guaranteed, and everyone knows they need to produce or they are gone
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are you talking about? It wasn't that they weren't sure about a kid, someone came in and beat them out of their spot. Isn't that what you want? The kid is probably a great player, but someone came along and did better and was chosen for this roster. Some kids regress and are dropped, some just get beat out. Thats how it goes. Nothing is guaranteed, and everyone knows they need to produce or they are gone
i want more than 58 kids getting a chance to actually show what they can do. I dont want a kid taking up a CB spot for every camp and then getting dropped. Thats suggests they SHOULD have looked at more CBs throughout the 2 years. It also suggest that if a kid can just come in and beat out an ever present, that they probably are not scouting well enough.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are right, that team does play that way. And has for some time. It has not gotten them where they want to be. Four years of BJ Snow set the program way back. Sanchez and Smith are selfish divas, not the only ones, and prohibit any positive team chemistry. A scout I talked to at a DA game said they are building teams to be able to win against two specific styles. They need to be skilled and technical enough to beat the teams like China Korea, Japan, but still have be able to stand up to a very physical game or be able to pound the ball in vs teams happy to pack it in and play for a tie. I guess we will find out this WC if they got it right.
well I guess thats the school of thought if you believe we should be building specific teams to win WCs. I think its VERY difficult to build teams that can do both. I think you build a team around intelligent players and trust them to make good decisions. I do know that the last U17 team had very specific tactical plans that went out the window as soon as the other team adjusted. We then just hoofed the ball upfield and hoped.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You all sound so unbelievably jealous. Try to reason it out, express concern for a kid from North Carolina, and act like anyone believing that your comments don’t start and end with jealousy. I sure hope you aren’t on the sidelines of my daughters’ games.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
....... I hope your overlooked apple falls far from the tree.
Hahaha. Post of the Week
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You all sound so unbelievably jealous. Try to reason it out, express concern for a kid from North Carolina, and act like anyone believing that your comments don’t start and end with jealousy. I sure hope you aren’t on the sidelines of my daughters’ games.
Of course their Jealous. They just learned their Gifted & Talented kid wasn't.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want more than 58 kids getting a chance to actually show what they can do. I dont want a kid taking up a CB spot for every camp and then getting dropped. Thats suggests they SHOULD have looked at more CBs throughout the 2 years. It also suggest that if a kid can just come in and beat out an ever present, that they probably are not scouting well enough.
If you do a little digging, all the CBs were in the mix for over a year. The game rosters are smaller than camp rosters by 4-6 players. When you usually have 7-8 defenders, but can only take 6, Someone gets left off. Im sure it's a difficult decision.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 04-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course their Jealous. They just learned their Gifted & Talented kid wasn't.
Or maybe just soccer people talking about soccer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.