Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    1- when the 2000s were eligible for the last world cup in 2016, BJ Chose four 2001s over them. Sounds like B team to me.

2- stop it, just stop it

3- time will tell, but being dropped from a program before you arrive tells volumes.

4-agree. Great experience going to a camp. Great achievement.
    This girl's mom needs to stfu. -- BBA dad

Comment

Have to take issue here

1. the whole notion of off cycles being B team is nonsense. the fact that the USSF CHOOSE to have a 2 year cycle means that kids like MV can only be on the U17 or U20 WC team very young. They are not going to make the U17s in the off cycle becasue they age out before the WC will be played. What happens is the kids they "groom" actually get to displace BETTER players becasue they want to give them MORE experience. So they play on the u16 team to get even more time. Not becasue they are better at the time.

2. MV is a great kid and a very good player. Does a lot of things that dont show up on a score sheet but make a TEAM play better. Have no issue with her selections and tbh its no coincidence to me that the U18 team has had some rather shocking results in the last year or so.

3. the real measure of the 2000 birth year is going to eb how they do In College and if they make a run at the U20 team in the next cycle.

4. EVERY camp is an achievement and all the kids should expect to be given a chance to show their best. at the end , no one should feel they did not get a fair shake even if they did not agree with teh evaluation.
      Good insight here.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        This girl's mom needs to stfu. -- BBA dad
        It's all fair game as long as we leave the kids out of it. No need to bash kids on here.

Comment

1- when the 2000s were eligible for the last world cup in 2016, BJ Chose four 2001s over them. Sounds like B team to me.

2- stop it, just stop it

3- time will tell, but being dropped from a program before you arrive tells volumes.

4-agree. Great experience going to a camp. Great achievement.
          Are you not with it ? they Chose 2001s who were eligible for THIS years WC. at the time those kids were not better than many 2000s

stop what? they played pretty much the same group from the Netherlands and lost 0-6 .

dropped ? Again are you not with it? Part of the USSF problem is devoting several off cycle spots to kids to groom them for WCs. Its yet another stupid move. We divert a disproportionate amount of time and revenue to a tiny percentage of players who are of very similar standards at an age where things change fast. We do this on the recommendations of a handful of conflicted coaches who have no track record of success.

The USSF should let Clubs develop players and look at as many as they can before settling on a group for a WC. I look at the kids who they picked for the last u17WC. Im sorry, but its not in any way clear that they are "better" than several other kids. It is clear that someone decided 3 YEARS ago that they are worthy of being prepped for this WC. That is beyond stupid in my book.

And BTW BJ is an incredible judge of talent right ?

Comment

Oh, God. Now she's responding to her own post. Trust me. She is as nuts on the sideline.

Comment

Should our entire YNT system be devoted to trying to win Youth World Cups OR to trying to get as much information as we can on as many high level players who may at some point be part of the discussion for the Full NT ?

Should we view every roster spot from U16 to U23 as a spot to get game time for potential U17 or u20 WC candidates? Are the kids who are not selected, somehow lesser players?

Comment

Are you not with it ? they Chose 2001s who were eligible for THIS years WC. at the time those kids were not better than many 2000s

stop what? they played pretty much the same group from the Netherlands and lost 0-6 .

dropped ? Again are you not with it? Part of the USSF problem is devoting several off cycle spots to kids to groom them for WCs. Its yet another stupid move. We divert a disproportionate amount of time and revenue to a tiny percentage of players who are of very similar standards at an age where things change fast. We do this on the recommendations of a handful of conflicted coaches who have no track record of success.

The USSF should let Clubs develop players and look at as many as they can before settling on a group for a WC. I look at the kids who they picked for the last u17WC. Im sorry, but its not in any way clear that they are "better" than several other kids. It is clear that someone decided 3 YEARS ago that they are worthy of being prepped for this WC. That is beyond stupid in my book.

And BTW BJ is an incredible judge of talent right ?
                From all accounts, and TBH none firsthand, BJ Snow was a pompous ass and the players hated him.

I think it was a crime to bypass all the eligible 99s and 00s that had been to camps, that had been in the system, and had been training together, and pluck 4 kids off the u15 NT to go to the last WC.

The NT will never search broad enough for everyone to be happy. Clubs have been the development vehicle for players in the past, and will still be, but most clubs don't play the way the NT wants to play and it takes time to develop that.

Comment

One of the notable exclusions from the roster is NC Courage center back xxxx. She was a mainstay with this team from the first camp and earned call-ups to 10 of the 11 camps over the past year. She also earned the most caps among the defenders with 11 appearances in international games.

Eclipse’s xxxxxx is another tough roster decision left behind. The striker had been a regular with this team, but could not crack the 20-player roster prior to the event. She had two goals in seven appearances over the past year with the U17s.

How does this happen? Surely you should be looking at many players IF you are not sure on a kid. Personally I dont think using 58 / 300 roster spots is a lot over a 2 year period. Look at it this way if you simply selected 2 totally unique groups for the first 2 camps you would have seen that number of kids already and STILL have 9 more camps to refine further.

I think that is shabby treatment of kids. it does not have to be this way if you manage expectations better by not inviting kids to every camp. They really dont have to be at every camp.

Comment

From all accounts, and TBH none firsthand, BJ Snow was a pompous ass and the players hated him.

I think it was a crime to bypass all the eligible 99s and 00s that had been to camps, that had been in the system, and had been training together, and pluck 4 kids off the u15 NT to go to the last WC.

The NT will never search broad enough for everyone to be happy. Clubs have been the development vehicle for players in the past, and will still be, but most clubs don't play the way the NT wants to play and it takes time to develop that.
                    How do they want to play ? When i watched the U17s at the WC and the current u 20 s I dont see any real pattern to the play. It seems like the plan is get it to Smith or Sanchez and hope. I have not see much of the Current U17s.

Comment

One of the notable exclusions from the roster is NC Courage center back xxxx. She was a mainstay with this team from the first camp and earned call-ups to 10 of the 11 camps over the past year. She also earned the most caps among the defenders with 11 appearances in international games.

Eclipse’s xxxxxx is another tough roster decision left behind. The striker had been a regular with this team, but could not crack the 20-player roster prior to the event. She had two goals in seven appearances over the past year with the U17s.

How does this happen? Surely you should be looking at many players IF you are not sure on a kid. Personally I dont think using 58 / 300 roster spots is a lot over a 2 year period. Look at it this way if you simply selected 2 totally unique groups for the first 2 camps you would have seen that number of kids already and STILL have 9 more camps to refine further.

I think that is shabby treatment of kids. it does not have to be this way if you manage expectations better by not inviting kids to every camp. They really dont have to be at every camp.
                      And your daughter hasn't been invited back, so I assume you are happy.

Comment

And your daughter hasn't been invited back, so I assume you are happy.
                        not feeding the troll.

Comment

How do they want to play ? When i watched the U17s at the WC and the current u 20 s I dont see any real pattern to the play. It seems like the plan is get it to Smith or Sanchez and hope. I have not see much of the Current U17s.
                          You are right, that team does play that way. And has for some time. It has not gotten them where they want to be. Four years of BJ Snow set the program way back. Sanchez and Smith are selfish divas, not the only ones, and prohibit any positive team chemistry. A scout I talked to at a DA game said they are building teams to be able to win against two specific styles. They need to be skilled and technical enough to beat the teams like China Korea, Japan, but still have be able to stand up to a very physical game or be able to pound the ball in vs teams happy to pack it in and play for a tie. I guess we will find out this WC if they got it right.

Comment

What are you talking about? It wasn't that they weren't sure about a kid, someone came in and beat them out of their spot. Isn't that what you want? The kid is probably a great player, but someone came along and did better and was chosen for this roster. Some kids regress and are dropped, some just get beat out. Thats how it goes. Nothing is guaranteed, and everyone knows they need to produce or they are gone

Comment

What are you talking about? It wasn't that they weren't sure about a kid, someone came in and beat them out of their spot. Isn't that what you want? The kid is probably a great player, but someone came along and did better and was chosen for this roster. Some kids regress and are dropped, some just get beat out. Thats how it goes. Nothing is guaranteed, and everyone knows they need to produce or they are gone
                              i want more than 58 kids getting a chance to actually show what they can do. I dont want a kid taking up a CB spot for every camp and then getting dropped. Thats suggests they SHOULD have looked at more CBs throughout the 2 years. It also suggest that if a kid can just come in and beat out an ever present, that they probably are not scouting well enough.

Comment

You are right, that team does play that way. And has for some time. It has not gotten them where they want to be. Four years of BJ Snow set the program way back. Sanchez and Smith are selfish divas, not the only ones, and prohibit any positive team chemistry. A scout I talked to at a DA game said they are building teams to be able to win against two specific styles. They need to be skilled and technical enough to beat the teams like China Korea, Japan, but still have be able to stand up to a very physical game or be able to pound the ball in vs teams happy to pack it in and play for a tie. I guess we will find out this WC if they got it right.
                                well I guess thats the school of thought if you believe we should be building specific teams to win WCs. I think its VERY difficult to build teams that can do both. I think you build a team around intelligent players and trust them to make good decisions. I do know that the last U17 team had very specific tactical plans that went out the window as soon as the other team adjusted. We then just hoofed the ball upfield and hoped.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X