Fl ECNL 01/02

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where cost information is coming from. ECNL teams play 11 away games over 5 weekends with a cost of $400 to $500 per weekend excluding showcases. SRPL plays fewer games, but they are all away. I've done the math it is about the same for every regional league and depending on where your team is located, cheaper than some FSPL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not sure where cost information is coming from. ECNL teams play 11 away games over 5 weekends with a cost of $400 to $500 per weekend excluding showcases. SRPL plays fewer games, but they are all away. I've done the math it is about the same for every regional league and depending on where your team is located, cheaper than some FSPL teams.
      I do agree people can't really use the weekend traveling or money as a reason to do one league over the over. The teams playing in two leagues like SRPL and FPL in the same season have it much tougher than the ECNL schedule. Travel soccer is all around expensive and clubs need to help partial scholarship more players.

Comment

I do agree people can't really use the weekend traveling or money as a reason to do one league over the over. The teams playing in two leagues like SRPL and FPL in the same season have it much tougher than the ECNL schedule. Travel soccer is all around expensive and clubs need to help partial scholarship more players.
        My only the issue is the level of play/ talent pool has gone down. My daughter is not a superstar and is not an ECNL player. I can honestly say the # of talented girls have dropped with the consolidation of teams and better players. Where is all the development with the drop off!

Comment

With the calendar year mandates beginning for US Youth soccer in 2016 and US Club in 2017 I predict:
          The ECNL clubs will have true calendar year teams 99, 00, 01, 02 (no exceptions)

The bigger clubs will do the same but move some elite players up based on skill or to keep an elite team together. All other teams will be by calendar year.

The small clubs will continue to be creative moving players around as they always have. Anyone notice how at a small club everyone shows up for tryouts and they will put the kids wherever just to field a team or let you go because there are not enough who show at tryouts.

Comment

The teams are going to get J ust FC' ed.

Comment

The teams are going to get J ust FC' ed.
              Good one Steve. You are childish.

Comment

Good one Steve. You are childish.
                Mods, time to consolidate the 01/02 top ten and 01/02 ECNL threads.

Comment

Mods, time to consolidate the 01/02 top ten and 01/02 ECNL threads.
                  Games this weekend! Tough games and great competition! Its time to step up and show you belong with the ELITE!

Comment

Games this weekend! Tough games and great competition! Its time to step up and show you belong with the ELITE!
                    I know who is going to be 0-2 this weekend.

Comment

Wow! Even God posts on TSBS.

Comment

Probably right. Of course we all know who the real losers are this weekend too. That is everyone not playing ECNL.

Comment

Probably right. Of course we all know who the real losers are this weekend too. That is everyone not playing ECNL.
                          Were you a non ecnl loser last year? Moderators it's time to put all the ecnl crud into one ecnl thread.

Comment

Long season

Going to be a long season for the U14 OC ECNL team. Could have told you this before the 6-1 drubbing they received today.

Comment

Going to be a long season for the U14 OC ECNL team. Could have told you this before the 6-1 drubbing they received today.
                              First away game against good competition. Team will improve. How'd the other ocys teams do against the new league opponent

Comment

how dare you! REMEMBER - it's NOT about the win, it's all about getting in front of college scouts which are just breaking down the door to sign every single player from ECNL - they are playing in the ELITIST LEAGUE and the colleges will be grateful to have even the worst of the worst on their roster!! How dare you bring up a 6-1 pummeling!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X