Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really, you just don't get it. But if winning titles is your end game then best of luck to you.
    I think pretty much we get it. Being a member of any club still requires you to prove you have talent. That's pretty much the end game. Without the talent you still will get passed up.

Comment

aren't you the snarky one. first you want to bash on TBU for always being the bridesmaid - "TBU never wins anything of importance" I believe was the just of the posts. So, they take it all this past season and now you want to make some asanine statement that winning titles shouldn't be what to strive for - so, exactly what is you stance??? Since your precious ECNL can't seem to handle anything outside of the SE conference -even that was quite the challenge - you want to stand on some random soap box about 'the end game'. Yes, you have painted yourself as nothing but a sack of pathetic jealousy. So unbecoming.
      You have me confused with someone who gives a cr@p about TBU. My point is top colleges are not recruiting winning teams, they are recruiting players who show they can perform at the highest level.

Comment

You have me confused with someone who gives a cr@p about TBU. My point is top colleges are not recruiting winning teams, they are recruiting players who show they can perform at the highest level.
        I see no real difference between the competition level in the ECNL and SRPL.

Comment

No difference? Well I'm going to make a prediction. TBU u17G will probably roll over everyone in the RPL now that Tophat and Jacksonville have moved to ECNL. Don't forget that TBU lost to Tophat 7-0 in the regionals this summer. No difference? Really??? Look at the results after this season and then we will see where the top girls play.

Comment

No difference? Well I'm going to make a prediction. TBU u17G will probably roll over everyone in the RPL now that Tophat and Jacksonville have moved to ECNL. Don't forget that TBU lost to Tophat 7-0 in the regionals this summer. No difference? Really??? Look at the results after this season and then we will see where the top girls play.
            If the TBU girls traveled to WFF where would the WFF players go? The competition level is more than challenging for the TBU players and besides our players and team should always stand out for the college coaches.

Comment

Maybe so. My point is, "teams" are not being recruited, individuals are. Bragging about your team winning a league means nothing if your kid is sitting on the bench. Likewise, losing in ECNL doesn't matter if your kid shows well against the best teams in the country. So saying that one kid is more highly recruited than another because their team is winning is really pretty hollow.

Comment

Maybe so. My point is, "teams" are not being recruited, individuals are. Bragging about your team winning a league means nothing if your kid is sitting on the bench. Likewise, losing in ECNL doesn't matter if your kid shows well against the best teams in the country. So saying that one kid is more highly recruited than another because their team is winning is really pretty hollow.
                True but let's not start bashing the non starters. A kid can sit the bench on any team at any time. Kids get injured or some are what is needed for a certain formation. The point is can the individuals show their skills, versatility, and resilience when they jump into a game. Chances are if they train with a top team and a top coach they are highly capable. College coaches will look at the game changers who come in off the bench.

Comment

True but let's not start bashing the non starters. A kid can sit the bench on any team at any time. Kids get injured or some are what is needed for a certain formation. The point is can the individuals show their skills, versatility, and resilience when they jump into a game. Chances are if they train with a top team and a top coach they are highly capable. College coaches will look at the game changers who come in off the bench.
                  signed

-Parent whose kid is a benchwarmer

Comment

signed

-Parent whose kid is a benchwarmer
                    Will college coaches choose the ECNL benchwarmers or the former ECNL benchwarmers who left ECNL to play on other top teams where they are the starters?

Comment

Will college coaches choose the ECNL benchwarmers or the former ECNL benchwarmers who left ECNL to play on other top teams where they are the starters?
                      Ha ha it remains to be seen doesn't it?

Comment

so how is it that an individual catches the eye of a college coach? oh yea, they have a succesful, winning record. duh. being at the bottom of ecnl is nothing coaches are interested in.

Comment

Not bragging about it nor saying one kid is more highly recruited than another, y.o.u. brought it up - nobody else - and, of course, going to defend a good team against hollow insults every time YOU bring it up. Just so happens the entire TBU team (not including the new additions) is 100% committed. Isn't that what they all strive for?? Just so happens that TBU did it AND had a winning record to compliment their commits. Nothing wrong with that, but you seem to think so. You may tell your daughter's team that winning isn't everything, but I have a feeling she probably would argue with that. If not, then she has no business playing competitive sports of ANY kind.

Comment

Not bragging about it nor saying one kid is more highly recruited than another, y.o.u. brought it up - nobody else - and, of course, going to defend a good team against hollow insults every time YOU bring it up. Just so happens the entire TBU team (not including the new additions) is 100% committed. Isn't that what they all strive for?? Just so happens that TBU did it AND had a winning record to compliment their commits. Nothing wrong with that, but you seem to think so. You may tell your daughter's team that winning isn't everything, but I have a feeling she probably would argue with that. If not, then she has no business playing competitive sports of ANY kind.
                            Are you talking about the USYS National championship TBU team that was recently beaten 3-1 in one of those "strong" USYS leagues by the team called the Kali River Rapids? Wait, Kali River Rapids is a kiddy ride at Disney! Maybe it was the Colorado Rapids, a pro soccer team from Denver, Colorado that beat them so bad??? Nope, wrong again, but it was a team from Denver though. Oh yeah, it was a very "strong" team from a little known town of Denver, North Carolina. They are located next to the fallen oak tree which is near the dried up cove of northern Lake Norman! It really doesn't matter who you get a chance to play in the USYS leagues because all of the teams are "well known and very, very good" which is what impresses college coaches, and gets those future Florida players ready for the speed of college soccer! Didn't FGCU just beat Florida a few weeks ago? Maybe Becky does need some help on that team!

Comment

Are you talking about the USYS National championship TBU team that was recently beaten 3-1 in one of those "strong" USYS leagues by the team called the Kali River Rapids? Wait, Kali River Rapids is a kiddy ride at Disney! Maybe it was the Colorado Rapids, a pro soccer team from Denver, Colorado that beat them so bad??? Nope, wrong again, but it was a team from Denver though. Oh yeah, it was a very "strong" team from a little known town of Denver, North Carolina. They are located next to the fallen oak tree which is near the dried up cove of northern Lake Norman! It really doesn't matter who you get a chance to play in the USYS leagues because all of the teams are "well known and very, very good" which is what impresses college coaches, and gets those future Florida players ready for the speed of college soccer! Didn't FGCU just beat Florida a few weeks ago? Maybe Becky does need some help on that team!
                              You made your point. U.S. Club and U.S. youth Soccer both have top leagues. Good for the elite players and teams, and good for the colleges.

Comment

Very funny and also very true!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X