FL Premier FC Awarded Boys ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawl before you walk FL Premier. Slow down and take a glimpse because now the reality will set in because your dedicated families are going to have a heart attack when the see the cost of travel. When they get a glimpse of the $10k price tag per season and to make it worse it’s not like all your top teams are killing it and winning top state cup championships or even top state tournaments. FL premier hasn’t won anything big yet. So next season when your parents and players drop $10k and getting spanked in Georgia and Alabama and Texas don’t come back and say damn I wish we stayed in CDL and NPL or whatever league you are currently in. Not trying to knock Pasco County or New Meth Richey but I don’t think a lot of those parents on your top teams are pushing 6 figure incomes. So dropping $10k and you don’t make at least $150k isn’t good by any economic standards. Unless your house poor or hood rich. Either way we might get a good deal on some lap dances at Bare Assets. Go Thunder bruh...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Crawl before you walk FL Premier. Slow down and take a glimpse because now the reality will set in because your dedicated families are going to have a heart attack when the see the cost of travel. When they get a glimpse of the $10k price tag per season and to make it worse it’s not like all your top teams are killing it and winning top state cup championships or even top state tournaments. FL premier hasn’t won anything big yet. So next season when your parents and players drop $10k and getting spanked in Georgia and Alabama and Texas don’t come back and say damn I wish we stayed in CDL and NPL or whatever league you are currently in. Not trying to knock Pasco County or New Meth Richey but I don’t think a lot of those parents on your top teams are pushing 6 figure incomes. So dropping $10k and you don’t make at least $150k isn’t good by any economic standards. Unless your house poor or hood rich. Either way we might get a good deal on some lap dances at Bare Assets. Go Thunder bruh...
      Is TBU getting scared or what? Don’t worry Florida Premier FC does not have to support ten 6 figure salaries so our costs won’t be as high as yours. I just feel bad for ES, AB & GF that are being driven out.

Comment

Fp don't let the post scare you. Teach your coaches the special phrases, college scholarships, exposure, your child is special, one of the best player on the team, I can see him playing professional, he has so much potential, etc... The money will keep rolling in.

Comment

Is TBU getting scared or what? Don’t worry Florida Premier FC does not have to support ten 6 figure salaries so our costs won’t be as high as yours. I just feel bad for ES, AB & GF that are being driven out.
          Don’t feel sorry for any of the UT boys. They have had a good 10 year run stealing salaries from youth soccer, time for them to move on.

Comment

Don’t feel sorry for any of the UT boys. They have had a good 10 year run stealing salaries from youth soccer, time for them to move on.

Their is a new thief in town

Comment

There is. Grammar people.

Their is a new thief in town

Comment

Sorry TBU dad... 54 corridor is growing fast enough these days, there's actually some money up in the area now. Contrary to the popular belief at Radice and Waters you guys aren't the only people in all of Florida that have money.

That being said a lot of parents felt the growing pains this year, they actually did get ahead of the curve on that one. For better or for worse a bunch of A licenced coaches for "elite" teams that traveled the country (we calculated our travel at just under 11k for my family this year). Yea no one likes that kinda expense... especially to travel the country and cross the state for single games just to get your a55 beat most weekends. But playing that level all year has really sparked a big improvement in the boys.

Comment

6 years ago, CC was the top boys program and WFF was the top girls program. Premier wasn't even relevant. They were even behind Wesley Chapel and were more like Large United. Things have changed. Now TBU is the top dog for boys and girls with Premier now clearly second and CC and WFF falling apart. Things change. Adapt or decline.

Sorry TBU dad... 54 corridor is growing fast enough these days, there's actually some money up in the area now. Contrary to the popular belief at Radice and Waters you guys aren't the only people in all of Florida that have money.

That being said a lot of parents felt the growing pains this year, they actually did get ahead of the curve on that one. For better or for worse a bunch of A licenced coaches for "elite" teams that traveled the country (we calculated our travel at just under 11k for my family this year). Yea no one likes that kinda expense... especially to travel the country and cross the state for single games just to get your a55 beat most weekends. But playing that level all year has really sparked a big improvement in the boys.

Comment

6 years ago, CC was the top boys program and WFF was the top girls program. Premier wasn't even relevant. They were even behind Wesley Chapel and were more like Large United. Things have changed. Now TBU is the top dog for boys and girls with Premier now clearly second and CC and WFF falling apart. Things change. Adapt or decline.
                    Agreed. Hopefully FL Premier peeps won’t let it get to their head like TBU parents did on this board. Last thing the club needs. Probably a reason ECNL liked FL Premier, their class.

Comment

Personally, now that my kids are about to age out of youth soccer, my observation is that TBU has done a terrific job (overall, not every team of course) in growing their product and marketing over the last decade. I think Premier has been amazing in that time period as well. I'm impressed that Lutz, while not growing, has managed to keep it nitch of overall good quality, but not trying to go out and get the big leagues and be the best. That's not easy to do in this soccer climate. I think the parents at each of those clubs (and their directors) should look at what each of the other club has done really well and try to learn from it. They should also look at the downsides of each strategy and learn from that too. The kids in our area would benefit from each of the better clubs continuing to improve. I don't care which is best... I'm just happy my kids had a good soccer experience and I hope the next generation of kids have it even better. I love the game and what it gives kids and a community when done right.

I'm shocked at how CC has fallen off a cliff. Their DA at the older ages seems to do fine based on their record, but they have lost their edge against TBU and frankly other DAs in the area. Their girls program is basically dead. Their boys program is fine at the older ages, but dying at the younger ages. They really missed their chance to stay at the top.

WFF is an fun soap opera. Im glad I've never had to be a part of that ****show though. The only club run worse in the area is Wesley Chapel. They should be what Florida Premier has become. Their location is better, fields were better and they were way way bigger. But incompetence has run them into the ground. And what the heck has happened to Strictly. 10 years ago that club was really good. Is it just the demographics in St. Pete? I know the city has grown, but maybe not the adolescent age group. I just don't know what happened to them.

Agreed. Hopefully FL Premier peeps won’t let it get to their head like TBU parents did on this board. Last thing the club needs. Probably a reason ECNL liked FL Premier, their class.

Comment

Congrats to Florida Premier. Traveling in the state is completely different then out of state. So when the Club mandates your boys to take a charter bus to every in state game and require you to pay for your own room and also split a room for you son and his teamates and plus food along the way the expenses start to pile up. I know you guys are used to the in state travel but when you add it all up it is mind blowing. You dont want to travel and play GSA or Concorde and Ricky and Bobby hung out in the lobby all night and then get creamed that weekend. On the average each road trip is about a $750 expense not including liquor for the parents. I talk to a lot of Florida Premier parents and they have been excited for this opportunity but what the club doesnt relay well is the true expense playing in the ECNL league. Oh and you have the big out of state showcase expense as well that will put you back a grand atleast with air travel. Take a poll and ask if parents can afford atleast $10k a season and see who stays around. Get ready for the invites to come out now and get you locked up and start paying $350 a month starting June or July until Oct or Nov. Now Novi and the gang will have to have a few full time director positions so expect those expenses to be passed your way. Please dont use stimulus money to pay for soccer that is ghetto fab...

Comment

Congrats to Florida Premier. Traveling in the state is completely different then out of state. So when the Club mandates your boys to take a charter bus to every in state game and require you to pay for your own room and also split a room for you son and his teamates and plus food along the way the expenses start to pile up. I know you guys are used to the in state travel but when you add it all up it is mind blowing. You dont want to travel and play GSA or Concorde and Ricky and Bobby hung out in the lobby all night and then get creamed that weekend. On the average each road trip is about a $750 expense not including liquor for the parents. I talk to a lot of Florida Premier parents and they have been excited for this opportunity but what the club doesnt relay well is the true expense playing in the ECNL league. Oh and you have the big out of state showcase expense as well that will put you back a grand atleast with air travel. Take a poll and ask if parents can afford atleast $10k a season and see who stays around. Get ready for the invites to come out now and get you locked up and start paying $350 a month starting June or July until Oct or Nov. Now Novi and the gang will have to have a few full time director positions so expect those expenses to be passed your way. Please dont use stimulus money to pay for soccer that is ghetto fab...
                          Totally agreed - we've lived through that whole transition. The other dynamic that starts to creep is unexpected but very real. Many of those "super volunteer" parents that worked for free 12-hour days during tryouts and registration start to notice two things: 1) the parent doing all that ECNL travel coordination is quietly converted to a paid 20-hour a week position but many, many positions are still "super volunteers", and 2) many of the children of the "super volunteers" are good not enough to make the ECNL team so the leadership either forces the coach to take the kid - or the super volunteer pulls their whole family out of the club in a big huff.

Novi is going to have to manage a ton of bruised egos - coaches, parents, players, "super volunteers." It's hard to pivot from "family first' to "ECNL first." Just ask Yo-Yo.

Comment

The cost will be part of the growing pains. Many of TBUs DA and ENCL players already pay this cost and started their playing days at Premier, so the appetite for it is clearly there on some level. Going forward, less of those kids will leave. But there will probably need to be an influx from outside the club to supplement those families willing and able to afford ECNL. For the rest, hopefully Premier still runs great teams at the local and statewide level as they've been doing the past few year and they don't run into the CC trap of only caring about the top team.

Comment

Totally agreed - we've lived through that whole transition. The other dynamic that starts to creep is unexpected but very real. Many of those "super volunteer" parents that worked for free 12-hour days during tryouts and registration start to notice two things: 1) the parent doing all that ECNL travel coordination is quietly converted to a paid 20-hour a week position but many, many positions are still "super volunteers", and 2) many of the children of the "super volunteers" are good not enough to make the ECNL team so the leadership either forces the coach to take the kid - or the super volunteer pulls their whole family out of the club in a big huff.

Novi is going to have to manage a ton of bruised egos - coaches, parents, players, "super volunteers." It's hard to pivot from "family first' to "ECNL first." Just ask Yo-Yo.
                              I think you meant "many of the children of the "super volunteers" are NOT good enough to make the ECNL team". Thank me later.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X