Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That video is supposed to represent TBU? Embarrassing.
    Maybe the video is what made them leave.

Comment

I think you will be seeing quite a bit of movement in the coaching ranks across Florida in the next 5-6 months, in many cases, based on how clubs treat coaches between now and August based on the global pandemic. The landscape will look very different come Fall - especially in the Tampa Bay area.
      What's the latest on TBU bringing coaches in?

Comment

I think you will be seeing quite a bit of movement in the coaching ranks across Florida in the next 5-6 months, in many cases, based on how clubs treat coaches between now and August based on the global pandemic. The landscape will look very different come Fall - especially in the Tampa Bay area.
        I agree, I see it happening with my own employer - not everyone is getting treated the same during this time of crisis - you definitely don't want to end up on the "non-essential" list.

Comment

I'm calling B.S. There is a lot of guessing on here. One thing you can be sure of is that TBU will continue to improve.

Just look at the last 5-years. What club in Florida has made more concrete, important, improvements that TBU?
          Florida Premier

Comment

I doubt they were let go. Think about the risk to TBU if they fired a D1 woman's head coach. TBU's women's program is the top in the area because they put girls in college. Getting rid of a college coach would be crazy for them. Not only does it effectively damage a relationship with a local big time program, but could damage other connections.

They probably got a promotion or raise to leave or just were frustrated with the changing leadership at TBU.
            Looks like the new hire TT is taking over.

https://www.tbusc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=507609

Comment

Looks like the new hire TT is taking over.

https://www.tbusc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=507609
              TT isn't the only new hire. New '09 coach from Cleveland.

Comment

If anyone here knows of a club with great training and development for soccer, please let me know. All I see at clubs are mindless drills conducted by the so call soccer experts. All the high profile coaches and trainers had there chance. They could not make the cut. They bring there experience or lack of experience to you gullible parents. You dumb a zz parents argue and debate about which club is best.

Comment

Lets go haters, lets hear you now, DB and her husband CB quit TBU to join Florida Premier FC.
                  It's not easy coaching a Top 25 D1 program, coaching an ECNL team and raising a young family.

Something had to give!

Comment

If anyone here knows of a club with great training and development for soccer, please let me know. All I see at clubs are mindless drills conducted by the so call soccer experts. All the high profile coaches and trainers had there chance. They could not make the cut. They bring there experience or lack of experience to you gullible parents. You dumb a zz parents argue and debate about which club is best.
                    Do yourself a favor. Rwview this before calling anyone else a dumb *****: (trust me, it's not a good look)

There:
                    It's a place: "The ball is over there."
                    It can also be used to mean "there is". In that case one would say "there's". "There's nothing left to see."

Their:
                    It belongs to somebody. "It's their problem."
                    It can also be used in the plural. In that case one would say "The problem is theirs."

They're
                    It is short for "they are". "They're going down fast."

Comment

Do yourself a favor. Rwview this before calling anyone else a dumb *****: (trust me, it's not a good look)

There:
                      It's a place: "The ball is over there."
                      It can also be used to mean "there is". In that case one would say "there's". "There's nothing left to see."

Their:
                      It belongs to somebody. "It's their problem."
                      It can also be used in the plural. In that case one would say "The problem is theirs."

They're
                      It is short for "they are". "They're going down fast."

It is by design. You are mo concern abot grammar than the truth. You must be 1 of the dumb a zz parents. Go get your high level training. Still waiting to hear about the best soccer club. Thanks for googling there and their. You must feel smart. Still does not explain why you are so dumb when it comes to soccer.

Comment

It is by design. You are mo concern abot grammar than the truth. You must be 1 of the dumb a zz parents. Go get your high level training. Still waiting to hear about the best soccer club. Thanks for googling there and their. You must feel smart. Still does not explain why you are so dumb when it comes to soccer.
                        You have to understand something basic that most successful people already know. Being educated, or at least having the appearance of some basic level of education gives you a lot more credibility. It's hard to get to your argument when I'm so distracted by the grammar.

And thankfully, no, I didn't actually have to Google the difference between 'there' and 'their'. I managed to learn that in 2nd grade.

Comment

You have to understand something basic that most successful people already know. Being educated, or at least having the appearance of some basic level of education gives you a lot more credibility. It's hard to get to your argument when I'm so distracted by the grammar.

And thankfully, no, I didn't actually have to Google the difference between 'there' and 'their'. I managed to learn that in 2nd grade.
                          Your grammar is good. That still does not explain your soccer stupidity. Please explain your soccer stupidity.
                          I get it, if google can not answer, you can not answer. Please point me in the direction of the best soccer club in tampa bay area.

Comment

Your grammar is good. That still does not explain your soccer stupidity. Please explain your soccer stupidity.
                            I get it, if google can not answer, you can not answer. Please point me in the direction of the best soccer club in tampa bay area.
                            Many ways to define “best:”

Wins
                            Development
                            Club size
                            College commitments
                            Cost
                            Roster sizes/playing time
                            Etc.

Comment

The #1 way to determine the best club is by college commitments. The reason is simple. College coaches do not care about stupid local politics, boards of directors, rivalries, or preferential treatment. College coaches only care about winning, because their jobs are on the line.

For this reason college coaches will be the most unbiased judges anywhere. They will find the best and most developed players that will help them win games. Period.

The above comment is for competitive play of course. For rec play the best will be determined by a whole different set of criteria such as the niceness of the coaches, how close it is to home etc. But that's a different conversation.

Comment

The #1 way to determine the best club is by college commitments. The reason is simple. College coaches do not care about stupid local politics, boards of directors, rivalries, or preferential treatment. College coaches only care about winning, because their jobs are on the line.

For this reason college coaches will be the most unbiased judges anywhere. They will find the best and most developed players that will help them win games. Period.

The above comment is for competitive play of course. For rec play the best will be determined by a whole different set of criteria such as the niceness of the coaches, how close it is to home etc. But that's a different conversation.
                                For the short term that argument wins - until another local club has an ECNL program to make an apples to apples club comparison. Like comparing a thoroughbred to a
                                Miniature horse. Everyone knows recruiters will go to ECNL showcases, etc rather than AC/DC tournament.

But since you’re talking about Competitive ‘05 teams, really only apples to apples comparison would be the ‘05 TBU FSPL team.

They sit 4th place CDL league - Won 4 Lost 2, Tied 1 - lost 2-0 to FL Premier Elite 1 (but won 3-2 FSPL), scoreless against Dunedin Chargers, lost to Plant City by forfeit, and barely beat FL Premier Elite 2 1-0. Not rather earth shattering stuff for the “best” club in Tampa Bay.

Unless your kid is skilled enough to play ECNL (most aren’t) - or TBU gets better coaches at competitive level outside ECNL in these more true apple to apple comparisons- lots of other clubs outside of TBU where you can find success, CDL, FSPL, NPL - results on the field don’t lie.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X