Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    These club will scratch, claw and bite to not give refunds. I don't blame them, Noone wants to see clubs go under or coaches not paid. They are laying the ground work now with frequent emails, videos and group exercises and workout games for the kids. Which is great.
    I think at the very worst if ECNL is cancelled clubs will try to salvage end of May. June and July with in club games and scrimmages, practices, maybe a mini tournament at PDA or CFC or FSA . Maybe a few scrimmages with other local clubs. Or the Jeff Cup if resurrected in July. If that happens I think thats means people are safe, some soccer is back and parents will have a breath of relief from the fear. And hardly anyone will complain.
    If EVERYTHING is cancelled they will have to give something back. Its only fair. But I don't think it will come to that. If it does then it means the pandemic is still raging.
    They are businesses. I did not send $3k to my dentist or mechanic. A very large portion of parents will think 2 or 3 times before signing up for another huge possible donation to millionaires next year (which can't even be written off).

Comment

My hope is Memorial Day weekend, June and July will be hectic in New England and New York and New Jersy. Nonstop schedule of practices, local tournaments, scrimmages, league games, ID camps and clinics , personal training and regional tournaments. 4 months into 2. Get in all in before coaches start their college preseasons in August.

In some parts of the country ( Florida for one) May and June will be like April will be here. So National tournaments might not happen.
      I hate to be the bearer of bad news , but everything I am seeing indicates no organized children’s sports until at least September. The calendars are clean sheets until then.

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news , but everything I am seeing indicates no organized children’s sports until at least September. The calendars are clean sheets until then.
        I agree, at least from a league/game standpoint. There will be continued flareups all over so having teams travel anywhere doesn't sound like a good idea. Maybe some local things can be organized as conditions warrant. The longer term goal will be try and have schools and universities re-open for the fall which means tempering it down as much as possible through the summer. My kid's college already announced no on-campus summer classes.

Comment

These club will scratch, claw and bite to not give refunds. I don't blame them, Noone wants to see clubs go under or coaches not paid. They are laying the ground work now with frequent emails, videos and group exercises and workout games for the kids. Which is great.
          I think at the very worst if ECNL is cancelled clubs will try to salvage end of May. June and July with in club games and scrimmages, practices, maybe a mini tournament at PDA or CFC or FSA . Maybe a few scrimmages with other local clubs. Or the Jeff Cup if resurrected in July. If that happens I think thats means people are safe, some soccer is back and parents will have a breath of relief from the fear. And hardly anyone will complain.
          If EVERYTHING is cancelled they will have to give something back. Its only fair. But I don't think it will come to that. If it does then it means the pandemic is still raging.
          I can give you one club that doesn't want to see their coaches get paid...

Comment

I can give you one club that doesn't want to see their coaches get paid...
            please do! we all want to know which club doesn't want to see their coaches get paid. We are all dying to know.

Comment

They are businesses. I did not send $3k to my dentist or mechanic. A very large portion of parents will think 2 or 3 times before signing up for another huge possible donation to millionaires next year (which can't even be written off).
              Good to see the CJSA waking up. Well done boys. Now back to sleep for another year

Comment

please do! we all want to know which club doesn't want to see their coaches get paid. We are all dying to know.
                <giggle.gif>

Comment

But what if these clubs decide to "lay off" these coaches "till the season starts"....and maybe there is no spring season that's been paid for by many families.. then what? any lawyer want to chime in? Ive paid if full for ECNL that will probably not even happen. Do I call a lawyer? Switch clubs? The integrity of club owners is on the line....
                  for this year-look at your contract for this year and determine if there is any provision regarding refunds and what obligations of club are in event of this sort...akin to an "act of god" that may be their defense, there may also be a claim in equity for unfair trade practices if refunds not given as quid pro quo to services promised despite act of god..

for next year-if you made your commitment for next year-as above, you basically agreed to pay a placeholder (akin to retainer) for next year. If services are not delivered as per contract, claim may be legit

groups can assert more pressure than individuals so suggest group action as necessary

Comment

https://www.usclubsoccer.org/news_article/show/1098682

Not sure which clubs are part of US Club Soccer but:

"Virtually all of our league partners have told us they are intent on completing their spring seasons, even though that might mean playing league games into July. We know that many clubs are being asked about refunds by concerned parents. We believe until a return-to-play date is established, and leagues agree on what will happen with the spring season, discussion of refunds is premature."

Comment

https://www.usclubsoccer.org/news_article/show/1098682

Not sure which clubs are part of US Club Soccer but:

"Virtually all of our league partners have told us they are intent on completing their spring seasons, even though that might mean playing league games into July. We know that many clubs are being asked about refunds by concerned parents. We believe until a return-to-play date is established, and leagues agree on what will happen with the spring season, discussion of refunds is premature."
                      Everyone is in a holding pattern, hoping for the best, planning for the worst. I don't expect anything until seasons are officially scrapped. Then clubs have to do the right thing or they won't survive

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X