Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    PDA and Stars of MA are the top two clubs and NEFC a close third. PF was just another club in the ECNL at the time.

Nothing wrong with PA Classics, but as long as the boys stay in the DA the girls will as well. The DA on the boys side isn't in trouble, clubs not looking to leave.
    NEFC was only in ECNL for a yr. They were NPL league prior.

My dd's PF team finished top 10 her last yr in ECNL. PF also finished top in GDA as well (only top 16). She never had a season when she did not compete in post season with PF.

Stop with the PF hate. Hurt butt it seems.

Comment

No chance the ECNL adds PF. ZERO. They keep trying as the NORTHEAST GDA is horrible.
      PF competes in mid atlantic region; not Northeast. Try google before you post.

Comment

And? What is your point? Is it also being suggested that in 2 years GDA made UNC super competitive? Haven't they always been? Didn't nearly every single one of those girls play ECNL before GDA? Get a grip. GDA conferences vary so widely in quality and the northeast, none of it is high quality after all of the ECNL kids that went to NYCFC were then dispatched.
        PA does not compete in Northeast in GDA. NY does/did.
        This is why these blogs are great. Idiots with zero actual knowledge or experience can have an audience.

Do your homework people. Don't let the same people who have been stomping their feet about their youth team and coach try to give soccer advice.

Comment

PDA and Stars of MA are the top two clubs and NEFC a close third. PF was just another club in the ECNL at the time.

Nothing wrong with PA Classics, but as long as the boys stay in the DA the girls will as well. The DA on the boys side isn't in trouble, clubs not looking to leave.
          PF was consistently better than Stars and competed wit PDA at every age group.
          NEFC is not 3rd, Stars is not even 2nd. South Shore and Oakwood are 1 and 2.

Comment

PF was consistently better than Stars and competed wit PDA at every age group.
            NEFC is not 3rd, Stars is not even 2nd. South Shore and Oakwood are 1 and 2.
            PF won one NE Conference Championship in the ECNL in their first year, and correct me if I’m wrong, never another. PDA won ECNL national championships. Stars has consistently out performed PF. PF was always between 3-5 in the ECNL conference standings and never performed well in playoffs.

Comment

You have no soccer history. PF was an original ECNL member. No fighting to get in. And PF was successful. My kid's teams made post season including championship bracket every season.
              ECNL was not happy when PF as an original member said we are going GDA.
              They would happily accept them back as the boys are ECNL now.
              But PF may be happy right where they are. They don't seem to be lacking in getting kids to D1 programs. And they actually play too.
              PF were NOT an original member of the ECNL. PDA, FC Bucks and FC Delco were the original founding members. Match Fit and PF came later, with NEFC following.

PF were in the first group of girls clubs entering GDA.

Comment

PF won one NE Conference Championship in the ECNL in their first year, and correct me if I’m wrong, never another. PDA won ECNL national championships. Stars has consistently out performed PF. PF was always between 3-5 in the ECNL conference standings and never performed well in playoffs.
                Not true. So yes. You are wrong. Top 10 finishes in championship bracket last season in ECNL. My recollection they were #2 in conference. And no PDA, Stars in finals either. And beat Stars and PDA in GDA.

Comment

ECNL began in 2009. PF joined the next year. Bucks, Delco joined first.
                  NEFC joined for 1 year in 2016 for 2016-17 farewell season. Then most high level ECNL teams Stars, PDA, PF and NEFC (then Breakers), NYFC (World Class in ECNL) all joined GDA for the inaugural season 2017-2018.

Teams left GDA after 2017-2018 season.

Comment

Point is ECNL would love for a quality club like PF to come back. As someone already pointed out, they don't need to.

Their kids get committed to D1 schools and play. That is what all of this is about.

And local interac hs league kid from PF just drafted to Orlando.

Comment

Ask anyone at Penn Fusion and they apply for ECNL and never get invited back. They made the wrong decision and will suffer because of it. Only saving grace for them is that FC Bucks and FC Delco are both bottom 3 clubs in the NE ECNL

Comment

Not true. So yes. You are wrong. Top 10 finishes in championship bracket last season in ECNL. My recollection they were #2 in conference. And no PDA, Stars in finals either. And beat Stars and PDA in GDA.
                        How am I wrong? PF was not a founding member of ECNL. PF won a U14 ECNL Mid-Atlantic divisional championship in 200. PF were not in the NE conference year one. That was the only league championship since. PF never won an ECNL or GDA championship of any kind again. They have shown no improvement since they started as club. PF started off well as a club, but have flatlined. As a club, PF have not outperformed Stars or PDA. As for beating those clubs in the GDA, both clubs were weakened by giving players a choice between ECNL and GDA, so you played watered down teams. PF are certainly a very good club and the best girls club in EPA, but they aren’t elite on a national level club wide.

Comment

How am I wrong? PF was not a founding member of ECNL. PF won a U14 ECNL Mid-Atlantic divisional championship in 200. PF were not in the NE conference year one. That was the only league championship since. PF never won an ECNL or GDA championship of any kind again. They have shown no improvement since they started as club. PF started off well as a club, but have flatlined. As a club, PF have not outperformed Stars or PDA. As for beating those clubs in the GDA, both clubs were weakened by giving players a choice between ECNL and GDA, so you played watered down teams. PF are certainly a very good club and the best girls club in EPA, but they aren’t elite on a national level club wide.
                          To be fair, neither are Stars and PDA anymore...natl level club wide.
                          Btw...PDA had its top team in GDA. Stars had all their nat'l players in GDA.

The discussion is about club youth and teams that may go back to ECNL. All of the kids on PF get committed to play in college. ECNL would love for them to come back.

Many players from the various Stars and PDA championship teams that don"t see the field in college. PF kids play. Who cares about youth hardware? Most care about college.

It would have been nice for ECNL to have preserved the records of the teams for historical purposes.

Comment

Also PF does not play in NE division for GDA as someone erroneously posted. They are mid atlantic and play teams like Wash Spirit and FC VA.

Comment

What you don't understand about PF is that they try to play their entire roster every game. Always did in ECNL and GDA. That is their success. You pay to travel to games, post season, etc., you play. They are about the kids developing, getting playing time and getting recruited. That is what youth club soccer is about. And for that, they are quite successful.

Comment

I disagree. I recall PF being listed by TDS as top 25 only two/three yrs ago.

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/n-y-...utbreak-rages/

While ending my shift, i saw this sent by a friend as a reminder and thought it was worth reposting. We will get through all of this hopefully very soon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X