Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That all sounds great, but can he walk on water? Otherwise all that rambling means nothing when the city has a 90/10 sports policy. Good luck RT!
    What is a "90/10 sports policy?"

Comment

What is a "90/10 sports policy?"
      It means that the club has to be made up of 90% Coral Springs residents at minimum and 10% can outsiders at maximum. In other words, RT is going to have to find a way to develop his own young players to feed the club. Don't see how that's possible with such terrible coaches at the younger age group.

Comment

Walking on Water Is What Its All About!

That all sounds great, but can he walk on water? Otherwise all that rambling means nothing when the city has a 90/10 sports policy. Good luck RT!

The only 1 RAMBLING here is YOU with YOUR NONSENSE! Who cares about 90/10 SPORTS POLICY?

What does that have to do with anything??? You develop the Coral Springs kids, the city has that right! They pay tax money for fields, resources ect..... Why in the world would you need players from other cities. All this recruiting BS is for dummy coaches who can not develop players themselves so they take the easy road by becoming a salesman to a U11 player to help them feed their ego.

CS as a city has the Talent, just no culture or a real quality club with a consistent track record at all ages. Yes it won't be easy and it will take time, but that is true development. The success of Roger Thomas depends on the people that he surrounds himself and his ability to share his vision with parents, coaches and administration. He has the experience, the question is will he have the energy to get this Job done and will they let him?!

Comment

Coral Springs has the biggest recreational youth soccer program in the country, it’s a great start, one day the club could be relavent again.
          So let’s play a game of math. For every 6 recreational players you get 1 competitive player. For every 5 competitive players you get 1 maybe 2, elite players if the coaching is really good. So at age 13 (11v11) to have an elite team RT needs 16 elite players because remember as they get older he can’t recruit players from outside the city. So let’s say RT has a staff full of professionals, and he exceeds the standards, he’ll need to start with 60-70 players at U9 or U10 for 20-25% to develop into elite players to form that elite team. So in order to accomplish that he’ll need between 450-500 players in the recreational program.

Remind us again how big is that recreational program?

You can barely find 100 competitive girls players at U10 in the entire county so we can scratch that idea. So pour all the resources into the boys and maybe RT does a great job and can develop some strong teams in 5 years. Then Inter will recruit the best 2 or 3 away and he’ll have to replace them with lower level players and then the game begins. The other clubs will circle like vultures for the other players and RT is there trying to defend his nest. Come back in 2025 and let us know how it’s working out.

Comment

I’m just glad that we have all of the keyboard warrior Dad’s that know everything and can see the future. Maybe give the club a chance and hold your judgement for a couple of years. If all of the Dads out here know how to run a perfect club, why isn’t anyone doing it?

Comment

So let’s play a game of math. For every 6 recreational players you get 1 competitive player. For every 5 competitive players you get 1 maybe 2, elite players if the coaching is really good. So at age 13 (11v11) to have an elite team RT needs 16 elite players because remember as they get older he can’t recruit players from outside the city. So let’s say RT has a staff full of professionals, and he exceeds the standards, he’ll need to start with 60-70 players at U9 or U10 for 20-25% to develop into elite players to form that elite team. So in order to accomplish that he’ll need between 450-500 players in the recreational program.

You can barely find 100 competitive girls players at U10 in the entire county so we can scratch that idea. So pour all the resources into the boys and maybe RT does a great job and can develop some strong teams in 5 years. Then Inter will recruit the best 2 or 3 away and he’ll have to replace them with lower level players and then the game begins. The other clubs will circle like vultures for the other players and RT is there trying to defend his nest. Come back in 2025 and let us know how it’s working out.

You have great point but you also seem to be the type of person that looks at a problem and only find excuses why you can't get the job done. Everything in your post is justifying why the program must fail, but i have a very strong feeling it won't. RT will put the right program together to get Coral Springs back on the map.

Comment

Wow! Roger is really working overtime. If you could just fix some of your dead links on your website you might be on to something. Coral Springs doesn't have the largest recreational club in the country. I hate to break that to you. They aren't even the largest in the area. I am pretty certain that Boca has a larger recreational program. At last year's FYSA AGM they carried the most votes because they had something like 2,200 players. I believe Coral Springs, which isn't even affiliated with the FYSA had far less.

Coming on earlier and touting the success he has had in growing the program. Why are there so few girls there, especially at the upper age groups. That has been a constant and then he pumps his fist on how many players have gone to INTER. That's great, but he lost those players from his program and maybe they were good enough for INTER before Roger got them. I agree with the above poster. He will have his hands full and not be able to sustain success. Like he does now, he will just move players back and forth and if Coral Springs is going to micro manage him on the 90/10 rule, the Coral Springs program will NEVER be the better program.

Comment

Coral Springs youth soccer has over 3000 players each year, check your facts before running your clueless ass mouth. Google it if you think your assumptions are still right.

Comment

Coral Springs youth soccer has over 3000 players each year, check your facts before running your clueless ass mouth. Google it if you think your assumptions are still right.
                    hahahhaahahahah

Comment

Clearly you are on drugs! Google the league, count the teams and do the "simple" math. In addition to the youngest age groups, they had U10s, 12s, 14s, 15s and 19s. The U19s for example, had five girls teams, so even if I go with the high end of 18 per team, that would leave me with 90 total players in the age group. The same holds true for the other age groups. There is no way they had 3,000 players. They haven't hit that number in more than 20 years. The website claims it, but they have chosen not to update it, or it just sounds better to possible sponsors to attract $$$. Just like the Orange Classic girls tournament had previously claimed 300 teams. If you counted this past year, they had 18. They finally removed that, yet they said they had teams from 12 states which is inaccurate.

To help you out with the Coral Springs Youth Soccer recreational numbers, here is a ball park estimate per age groups based on 12 players for the 10s, 14 for the 12s, 16 for 14s and 16s and 18 for the 19 age groups. Even if you add an additional 50 players because the average may be off, you still don't hit 3,000. It is based on the number of teams in the various age groups. https://www.csys.org/results/standings.php

U10s
                      216 boys 12 per team
                      156 girls 12 per

U12s
                      168 14 per girls team
                      224 14 per boys

U14s
                      192 16 per boys team
                      112 16 girls

U16 boys
                      128 boys 16 per team

U15 girls
                      96 girls per team

U19s
                      108 boys 18 per team
                      90 girls 18 per team

The total is 1,490 players. So unless there were 1,510 players in the younger divisions U9 and below, it is a far cry from the 3,000 claim. So those are the facts! You are also stupid to claim they have the largest recreational program in the country as well. You have zero facts to substantiate that. Care to apologize dipwad?

Comment

Yes, so do the math. I will guarantee it’s at least 4 to 1 boys to girls so that’s about 2400 boys to 600 girls from U6 through High school division. So I’ll support your assumptions on RT running a quality boys program with 2400 kids he can re-build a good program. Girls program has almost no chance under a 90/10 policy. LT will need to be a miracle worker.

Comment

Clearly you are on drugs! Google the league, count the teams and do the "simple" math. In addition to the youngest age groups, they had U10s, 12s, 14s, 15s and 19s. The U19s for example, had five girls teams, so even if I go with the high end of 18 per team, that would leave me with 90 total players in the age group. The same holds true for the other age groups. There is no way they had 3,000 players. They haven't hit that number in more than 20 years. The website claims it, but they have chosen not to update it, or it just sounds better to possible sponsors to attract $$$. Just like the Orange Classic girls tournament had previously claimed 300 teams. If you counted this past year, they had 18. They finally removed that, yet they said they had teams from 12 states which is inaccurate.

To help you out with the Coral Springs Youth Soccer recreational numbers, here is a ball park estimate per age groups based on 12 players for the 10s, 14 for the 12s, 16 for 14s and 16s and 18 for the 19 age groups. Even if you add an additional 50 players because the average may be off, you still don't hit 3,000. It is based on the number of teams in the various age groups. https://www.csys.org/results/standings.php

U10s
                          216 boys 12 per team
                          156 girls 12 per

U12s
                          168 14 per girls team
                          224 14 per boys

U14s
                          192 16 per boys team
                          112 16 girls

U16 boys
                          128 boys 16 per team

U15 girls
                          96 girls per team

U19s
                          108 boys 18 per team
                          90 girls 18 per team

The total is 1,490 players. So unless there were 1,510 players in the younger divisions U9 and below, it is a far cry from the 3,000 claim. So those are the facts! You are also stupid to claim they have the largest recreational program in the country as well. You have zero facts to substantiate that. Care to apologize dipwad?

maybe the other poster did not include futsal and other soccer programs ran in the city, they all fall under recreational youth soccer to me , no fysa, no travel. I know cause my kids did all of them, unfortunately they were short season so as soon as one finished I signed them up in the next one

Comment

They start playing kids at age 5 but there is no keeping score, therefor they would not have post season teams listed on there website Both my kids played there and I coached there, believe me, they have 3000 plus kids.

Comment

Most people don't give RT his props. He had a significant amount of players go to Inter Miami. Has anyone really taken into consideration the fact that Parkland is a rich neighborhood where the city and the board don't care about producing high level players but still RT is able to produce players that are Inter worthy. Take into consideration that the some clubs have less restrictions to work with compared to what Parkland stipulates for RT but he makes it work. If you don't know how much the city of Parkland restricts the club then it doesn't even make sense that you comment.
                              Please. Because CS is a clusterF*** doesn't mean RT is a top coach. He got the CS players by default.

Comment

They start playing kids at age 5 but there is no keeping score, therefor they would not have post season teams listed on there website Both my kids played there and I coached there, believe me, they have 3000 plus kids.
                                Hey dumbarse, I guess you’re reading comprehension is a little bit behind the times. I said that from U9s and below they would need 1510 players to reach 3000. There is no way in hell that they had that. You are such a fool.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X