Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepare for Tryout Chaos

How do you think clubs will handle tryouts?

Money-

Lot of considerations from a $ standpoint. I see the clubs needing our $ to sustain themselves and I see the parents also financially hurting from this virus. IMO lot of parents won't want to part with a $700 deposit for fall soccer right now.

Player retention-

Do the clubs offer spots to as many of their current players for next year as possible, even players who were considered "bubble" players before this?

Player movement-

Does this situation make it easier or harder to switch teams? I can see an argument for both. Clubs will want to keep their known commodities, making it harder to move. Flip side is clubs will likely lose some families over $ issues, so spots that were not otherwise available might open up.

Coaching issues-

With so many coaches laid off, how many end up at different clubs when things resume, and do they poach players or whole teams from their old club to bring with them?

Club mergers-

With the financial impact on the clubs, do we see a number of clubs merging out of necessity to survive?

The GDA situation-

With the new leadership at the federation and other regions around the country beginning to falter, do the savvy GDA parents look to get out in front what could be the coming end to GDA and try to grab the limited ECNL spots? Sort of like the people who were smart enough to buy a month of toilet paper before the whole town showed up on the same day trying to buy the last role.

IMO the clubs who read the situation correctly will position themselves for success going forward and those who do not could do grave damage to their busniness.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Money-

Lot of considerations from a $ standpoint. I see the clubs needing our $ to sustain themselves and I see the parents also financially hurting from this virus. IMO lot of parents won't want to part with a $700 deposit for fall soccer right now.

Player retention-

Do the clubs offer spots to as many of their current players for next year as possible, even players who were considered "bubble" players before this?

Player movement-

Does this situation make it easier or harder to switch teams? I can see an argument for both. Clubs will want to keep their known commodities, making it harder to move. Flip side is clubs will likely lose some families over $ issues, so spots that were not otherwise available might open up.

Coaching issues-

With so many coaches laid off, how many end up at different clubs when things resume, and do they poach players or whole teams from their old club to bring with them?

Club mergers-

With the financial impact on the clubs, do we see a number of clubs merging out of necessity to survive?

The GDA situation-

With the new leadership at the federation and other regions around the country beginning to falter, do the savvy GDA parents look to get out in front what could be the coming end to GDA and try to grab the limited ECNL spots? Sort of like the people who were smart enough to buy a month of toilet paper before the whole town showed up on the same day trying to buy the last role.

IMO the clubs who read the situation correctly will position themselves for success going forward and those who do not could do grave damage to their busniness.
    this is what the f your worried about righ now? you got issues !!!

Comment

Money-

Player retention-

Player movement-

Coaching issues-

Club mergers-

The GDA situation-

give it a rest loser

Comment

Money-

Player retention-

Player movement-

Coaching issues-

Club mergers-

The GDA situation-

Totally need to be proactive with tryouts in May. Clubs should say everyone has a team and defer deposits until the fall when their team and coach can be determined. Or in the fall have large competitive birthyear pools where they can train together and call players up and down for different teams and games.

Comment

When may tryouts are announced - kids will show up - club will send out 20 invites and life will continue as usual ....

Comment

When may tryouts are announced - kids will show up - club will send out 20 invites and life will continue as usual ....
            But but but, we need the doom and gloom

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X