Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How does this happen? Where the Match fit shore team coach runs practices during the lockdown.
    Parents and coach thought they were above the shut down. They brought in outside coaches a lot to run practices. Outside coaches needed the money. They practiced where they could get away with it such as behind schools, fields of former clubs, and other places. Everyone is just jealous they practiced and their kids didn't.

Comment

Parents and coach thought they were above the shut down. They brought in outside coaches a lot to run practices. Outside coaches needed the money. They practiced where they could get away with it such as behind schools, fields of former clubs, and other places. Everyone is just jealous they practiced and their kids didn't.
      I for one am not jealous my kids aren’t going to be soccer players for life. It’s a great hobby as children. The break was awesome.

Comment

PDA is trash and we are the new flavor of the month ! Tons of kids came to our tryouts because they know who the real deal is. Stop hating and just sit back and enjoy the show as we steamroll your little princesses this spring ! We are the SHORE !!!

Comment

Where did those other players come from that went to PDA?
          Red Bulls. All the top girls from Red Bulls are now stacking that team.

Comment

Lots of “family friend” references that end up at PDA Blue on this board.

It’s a place where you’re so good don’t need to compete against other teams because the inner team competition is so tough. The birthplace of anti-team work.
            Teamwork? Where do you see that? It's all about individual player development. Teamwork is a lie. Teamwork is the key only when my daughter sucks and needs others to "teamwork" with her. Any top players care about teamwork? NO.

Comment

Teamwork? Where do you see that? It's all about individual player development. Teamwork is a lie. Teamwork is the key only when my daughter sucks and needs others to "teamwork" with her. Any top players care about teamwork? NO.
              Clearly you don't understand this game and what it means to be a good player.

Comment

Clearly you don't understand this game and what it means to be a good player.
                No the OP, but he brings up an interesting point. Agree that teamwork is core to the game and that a good team has players who are committed to teamwork. But does good teamwork necessarily help individual player development for youth players? To me, there are three base components to being a "good player": skills, vision and athleticism, and these are the three things a player needs to develop. However, most good teams are coached to "make the easy play", pass the ball when under pressure to a teammate who is in better position (teamwork). This helps a player develop their vision, but it doesn't push them to develop their skills. The players who constantly try to beat pressure, beat double-teams, etc will develop their skills. Maybe they won't develop their vision as well, but the players who are making the easy play and passing the ball when under pressure won't be developing their skills. So what is the best way to develop a good player? Do you teach them teamwork early on and not force them to be better handling the ball? Or do you have them handle the ball more and teach them about teamwork later?

Comment

Red Bulls. All the top girls from Red Bulls are now stacking that team.
                  This is a joke, right?

Comment

No the OP, but he brings up an interesting point. Agree that teamwork is core to the game and that a good team has players who are committed to teamwork. But does good teamwork necessarily help individual player development for youth players? To me, there are three base components to being a "good player": skills, vision and athleticism, and these are the three things a player needs to develop. However, most good teams are coached to "make the easy play", pass the ball when under pressure to a teammate who is in better position (teamwork). This helps a player develop their vision, but it doesn't push them to develop their skills. The players who constantly try to beat pressure, beat double-teams, etc will develop their skills. Maybe they won't develop their vision as well, but the players who are making the easy play and passing the ball when under pressure won't be developing their skills. So what is the best way to develop a good player? Do you teach them teamwork early on and not force them to be better handling the ball? Or do you have them handle the ball more and teach them about teamwork later?
                    They need to be taught the difference. Having players constantly smash into 2-3 players trying to force the ball up field doesn't help anyone while passing off, because they are taught 1-2 touch pass, while in open space doesn't help either. The best players recognize winnable vs unwinnable situations. You should be seeing kids taking more risk in the younger age groups so when they get older they understand this.

Comment

This is a joke, right?
                      When the 08 RB team folded, a bunch went over to PDA Blue and White.

Comment

When the 08 RB team folded, a bunch went over to PDA Blue and White.
                        so the boys have a fully funded academy and RB killed the girls program? thats messed up.

Comment

so the boys have a fully funded academy and RB killed the girls program? thats messed up.
                          It stinks they don't have a girls academy program, but they didn't kill anything. There is a 2012-2009 preacademy program for next year. The 08s broke up a season earlier than expected.

Comment

I agree it is an interesting point worth discussing with parents that have no agenda. I agree with your 3 components of skills and technical abilities which comes from good training and players that want to get better with repetition of skills. Vision which is simply being smart on the field and reading the flow of the game instead of just reacting to the other team and then the most important which is athleticism. What separates the best core players from the other 3/4 of the team is speed, quickness and pure athleticism. You cannot teach this component. Either your born with it or not. It is the first thing colleges look for in any player. Those players who have it and those that do not. The speed of play reigns supreme regardless of your technical abilities or skills. That is soccer. The top 20 programs in this country are filled with the best athletes first and foremost. Te speed f play is what separates the top D1 programs from everyone else. Clubs cannot teach this and parents need to understand that is reality. As far as teamwork I agree on its significance as well. When asked before a champions league game what was his game plan the Liverpool coach said I want 11 players playing offense and 11 player playing defense. The best players are those who can exhibit the skills in the confines of playing with 10 other players. That is the answer.

Comment

Skills, Speed, quickness - I view all of these as physical attributes that can be improved upon and honed with good training.

Athleticism - I agree. This is something you're born with and can't be taught.

Vision - I think this is something between the above 2 categories of attributes. You can train this to some extent but some just can't grasp the flow.

Comment

That can be a frustrating realty on a team - a really athletic player without vision. Tall fast strong and skilled are great but if they are repetitive and reactive - they are predictable and predictable is beatable with a little strategy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X