Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is PDA worth it

If you’re not going into PDA as a player on their top team, is it worth staying for them to “develop” your player? Do they ever really move girls up if they do improve to be on the top team? Or once they have their group- you’re not breaking into that? I understand that they’re the club to be at and everyone is disposable there but is that how you’re made to feel?

We knew a player who was at WC ECRL and unhappy. She moved to MFA ECNL and then later to PDA White ECNL. She seemed happiest at PDA, and now she plays at a lower-level D1.

Comment

White or Blue

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you’re not going into PDA as a player on their top team, is it worth staying for them to “develop” your player? Do they ever really move girls up if they do improve to be on the top team? Or once they have their group- you’re not breaking into that? I understand that they’re the club to be at and everyone is disposable there but is that how you’re made to feel?
      If your kid is on the white team and happy that is all that matters. To answer your question no they will not be developed/brought up to the blue team. They keep those spots for the "recruits" from outside PDA they want to add.

How someone feels about a situation is all about perspective and personality. My kid wouldn't want to be in that position but many would be fine with it and be perfectly happy.

All will have their own opinion but I would rather my kid play every game/almost the whole game than get snipets of time as a carrot. It has been posted many times on here that if you are not in the top 15 of the blue team then your kid will have to decide how much they want to play vs how much they just want to say they "play" for PDA.

Comment

It’s true, everyone happy at pda north. It’s soccer heaven in my eyes. Only pda north though.

We knew a player who was at WC ECRL and unhappy. She moved to MFA ECNL and then later to PDA White ECNL. She seemed happiest at PDA, and now she plays at a lower-level D1.

Comment

Family friend went from MF ECNL to PDA ECNL. Mid level D1 senior now. She hated DB and MF. Loved PDA. Always recommends to us. Depending on the age of your child and her desire, you may want to look elsewhere. I’d rather my kid play for quality coaches that develop her and give her quality minutes on the field rather than have her wear a PDA badge if it would mean more bench time etc. and that goes for any club PDA, MF, CSA.

Comment

If your kid is on the white team and happy that is all that matters. To answer your question no they will not be developed/brought up to the blue team. They keep those spots for the "recruits" from outside PDA they want to add.

How someone feels about a situation is all about perspective and personality. My kid wouldn't want to be in that position but many would be fine with it and be perfectly happy.

All will have their own opinion but I would rather my kid play every game/almost the whole game than get snipets of time as a carrot. It has been posted many times on here that if you are not in the top 15 of the blue team then your kid will have to decide how much they want to play vs how much they just want to say they "play" for PDA.
            The idea of someone being placed on the 2nd team and then developing enough to be moved up to the 1st team is nice, but for the most part rare and somewhat unrealistic. What would need to happen is for that 2nd team player to improve enough to replace someone on the 1st team, which would mean that 1st team player was developing so slowly that they deserve a demotion. Is it impossible? No. Likely what happens is that the 2nd team player is late to puberty and a growth spurt amplifies their ability later to give them the ability to play with the 1st team. And then yes, they have to prove themselves ahead of outside players trying out for the team, and most clubs will bring in new players who will be in the top 1/3 as it makes no sense to bring in new players who will be in the middle-low end of the roster. So yes, I agree that if your kid is on PDA White and is happy, just let them be and don't worry about moving up.

Comment

I would say if you're child isn't the top 1-2 players on the current squad, they will not get a chance on the top team. This happens at most clubs, even more so at the most competitive clubs like PDA. However, I've only ever heard good things about PDA. It really comes down to how your child feels and if they want to move on.

Comment

It’s true. Only the best about pda north. It’s the best.

Comment

Lay off the kool aid bruh.

Comment

We are the shore!

Comment

There are approx 330 D1 college soccer programs in the country. Did she pick a lower level D1 college to play D1 soccer or did she pick that lower level program for the academics?

Comment

There are approx 330 D1 college soccer programs in the country. Did she pick a lower level D1 college to play D1 soccer or did she pick that lower level program for the academics?
                        Don't know her well enough to know what kind of academics she wanted, but she was probably the most "into soccer" kid we knew, so I think D1 soccer was a priority for her. Also, family was not wealthy so scholarship was important too.

Comment

Don't know her well enough to know what kind of academics she wanted, but she was probably the most "into soccer" kid we knew, so I think D1 soccer was a priority for her. Also, family was not wealthy so scholarship was important too.
                          ^^^I'll mention that the school she is at is not in the top 100 of the US News National University rankings.

Comment

Lots of “family friend” references that end up at PDA Blue on this board.

It’s a place where you’re so good don’t need to compete against other teams because the inner team competition is so tough. The birthplace of anti-team work.

Comment

If your player is learning, improving, playing a lot, reaching their goals, enjoys their teammates and the competition? That's all you can ask for, regardless of what club they're with. It could be PDA it could be elsewhere. Geography might prevent them from being able to play with the most perfect fit club. So can finances. Each player has their own set of circumstances. Find what works best for your kid and don't think about the rest.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X