• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a disaster!
    +10000..... what a disaster!!

Comment

I think its obvious. Coaches spent their limited budget on the known quantity of ECNL. If this is a trend then GA is just NPL
      GA essentially is NPL, just rebranded. Most of the clubs remaining were NPL before or similar. There's only a few "top" clubs left and they'll bolt the minute they get invited to join ECNL. So no, coaches won't travel far for that level of play. If GAL is more low level D1, D2 and D3 schools they'll stick to events closer to home and are more likely to get players to come.

Comment

c r i c k e t s
        Why do I need to register if I’m going to watch from my office. ECNL is scared to have NEFC and Select participate because Stars and Scorpions wouldn’t be very competitive.

Comment

Why do I need to register if I’m going to watch from my office. ECNL is scared to have NEFC and Select participate because Stars and Scorpions wouldn’t be very competitive.
          Ummmm... you know that ECNL teams don’t participate in GA events and vice versa, right? I love the “watch from my office” comment—hinting that you’re a coach. A coach would probably know how these leagues and their showcases work.

Comment

More coaches being added. Looking significantly better, still lags behind ECNL but getting better.

Comment

More coaches being added. Looking significantly better, still lags behind ECNL but getting better.
              It's a nice cross-section of college coaches. Also, the timing is poor (not GAL's fault necessarily) as most DI schools have just started their practices for the spring season.

Comment

Haters gonna hate... Give GAL a chance it’s year one and amidst a global pandemic. The jury is still out, my kid plays on a GAL team not in MA - she actually left her ECNL club for a GAL team. And honestly for her situation this particular GAL team provides much more training, coaching and college counseling than her ECNL club did - remember not all ECNL or GA clubs are created equal and what may be strong in one area may not be in another. We took a chance and so far are very happy - time will tell if it’s the right move, but her GAL team offers much more training and development and her coach is far more invested than the ECNL club she left. And before you say she was a bench warmer on her ECNL team - she wasn’t - She started and played 3/4 of every game.

Comment

Haters gonna hate... Give GAL a chance it’s year one and amidst a global pandemic. The jury is still out, my kid plays on a GAL team not in MA - she actually left her ECNL club for a GAL team. And honestly for her situation this particular GAL team provides much more training, coaching and college counseling than her ECNL club did - remember not all ECNL or GA clubs are created equal and what may be strong in one area may not be in another. We took a chance and so far are very happy - time will tell if it’s the right move, but her GAL team offers much more training and development and her coach is far more invested than the ECNL club she left. And before you say she was a bench warmer on her ECNL team - she wasn’t - She started and played 3/4 of every game.
                  Keep preaching for your daughter. That’s what will be needed to get her into college because nefc and selects platforms won’t and can’t provide it. No one is coming to watch you beat up on Oakwood and Seacoast

Comment

Keep preaching for your daughter. That’s what will be needed to get her into college because nefc and selects platforms won’t and can’t provide it. No one is coming to watch you beat up on Oakwood and Seacoast
                    Who is coming to a league game anyway? The money is who shows up for showcases where you have multiple teams, coaches and games in a small window. Have fun playing FSA and Stars white. Every league has its bottom feeders

Comment

A whole bunch of GA 2005 players called up for the NT U17 camp. I'm surely there'll be more ECNL players, but GA not dead yet.

Comment

Then why did all the D1 coaches register for the ECNL showcase, even though they weren't allowed to attend???
                        Someone pointed out on a different thread that this list of coaches (ECNL) is from last year. There are a few coaches listed that are no longer at those colleges.

Comment

Who is coming to a league game anyway? The money is who shows up for showcases where you have multiple teams, coaches and games in a small window. Have fun playing FSA and Stars white. Every league has its bottom feeders
                          I guess that's a difference between GAL & ECNL. My D had about a dozen D1 coaches per game, showing up to her league games. Her top 3 offers came from schools that first saw her at a regular old Saturday afternoon game.

Comment

I guess that's a difference between GAL & ECNL. My D had about a dozen D1 coaches per game, showing up to her league games. Her top 3 offers came from schools that first saw her at a regular old Saturday afternoon game.
                            Ok, a few local coaches will show up. Sure. I’m calling BS on a dozen D1 coaches showed up for a Saturday game in Lancaster.

Comment

Ok, a few local coaches will show up. Sure. I’m calling BS on a dozen D1 coaches showed up for a Saturday game in Lancaster.
                              Then you’re an idiot and should come to stars complex on any ecnl league weekend when the U15-U18 teams play.

Comment

Then you’re an idiot and should come to stars complex on any ecnl league weekend when the U15-U18 teams play.
                                It could happen for that reason - multiple teams and multiple players possibly of interest. Since D1 is starting their "season" (such as it is) soon it makes sense they'd try to get some games in now, even more so if local and easy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X