Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpions Are Rock Bottom

My daughter and I traveled down to the Florida ECNL National Event this past weekend with her Scorpions teammates. We were thrilled to take advantage of this huge opportunity and also some warm weather! However, everything took a wrong turn as soon as we arrived. Her coach got wasted/trashed/blotto and spent much of the weekend in the gutter, missing multiple team meetings and events that he scheduled. The scene was incredibly frustrating and confusing for all. For the parents that attended, myself included, it felt like we were covering up for an addict that fell off the wagon. Protecting the girls and their self esteem was about all we could manage. I am not one to call out everyone's mistakes, but this was beyond the pale. How can Scorpions talk nonsense about leading and developing young women with character when the club's own leadership so obviously lack the same character qualities. Such hypocrisy! Now we know why girls all over the state drive an extra hour or two to play for Stars.

Hello,
    What age group?
    I was talking about joining the 2010 girls U11.
    We live near Norton
    Thank you,
    Chico

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hello,
      What age group?
      I was talking about joining the 2010 girls U11.
      We live near Norton
      Thank you,
      Chico
      The teams are older (HS aged), but the real problem is the coach that got trashed also runs the club. It is a much bigger problem.

Comment

The title of this thread is irresponsible and slander. My kid is not a Scorpions player but we know several Scorpion players, and coaches out of Taunton . We like the coaches and they are professional. We are part of another club and happy but if we were unhappy we wouldn’t hesitate to join Scorpions. It sounds like your coach Frank too much. But that coach doesn’t coach all the teams he’s one guy who had a bad night. Probably the parent drive him to drink poor guy.

Comment

* drank

Comment

Doesn't sound like Stars did that well in Florida.

Comment

Oldest group, decent
              U17- fair
              U16 - eeewwwwww........

Comment

My daughter and I traveled down to the Florida ECNL National Event this past weekend with her Scorpions teammates. We were thrilled to take advantage of this huge opportunity and also some warm weather! However, everything took a wrong turn as soon as we arrived. Her coach got wasted/trashed/blotto and spent much of the weekend in the gutter, missing multiple team meetings and events that he scheduled. The scene was incredibly frustrating and confusing for all. For the parents that attended, myself included, it felt like we were covering up for an addict that fell off the wagon. Protecting the girls and their self esteem was about all we could manage. I am not one to call out everyone's mistakes, but this was beyond the pale. How can Scorpions talk nonsense about leading and developing young women with character when the club's own leadership so obviously lack the same character qualities. Such hypocrisy! Now we know why girls all over the state drive an extra hour or two to play for Stars.
                Sounds like the old FM/BB days! Lots of drinking and even more sleeping with moms, some of which were pretty bad!!

Comment

Hope they sue whoever write this.

Comment

Serves them right for going down during a pandemic and against the public guidelines.

That aside Stars has become kick and run.

Comment

Thank you for sharing and its completely unacceptable what your daughter's coach did. However coming on her and not sharing this information with the club leaders is now on you. Set a good example for your daughter and speak up.

Comment

Thank you for sharing and its completely unacceptable what your daughter's coach did. However coming on her and not sharing this information with the club leaders is now on you. Set a good example for your daughter and speak up.
                        Sounds like it was a “club leader” that got drunk.

Comment

It was a club leader that got drunk (NR).

Comment

Sounds like the old FM/BB days! Lots of drinking and even more sleeping with moms, some of which were pretty bad!!
                            Sleeping with moms???

Comment

That is pitiful. Too little "real" leadership in youth sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X