Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Costs are more or less a wash between the two leagues. Pick the best coaching and fit, not the patch
    Not true. Have personally paid the invoices for both and SSS is way more.

Comment

Not true. Have personally paid the invoices for both and SSS is way more.
      Ok maybe SSS is but in general the leagues are pretty similar. Once you're in this youth soccer racquet it's bend over "thank you sir may I have another "

Comment

Ok maybe SSS is but in general the leagues are pretty similar. Once you're in this youth soccer racquet it's bend over "thank you sir may I have another "
        I’ll happily pay more for the better coach not the better patch. I’ve been watching the coaches. GA coaches seem very good.

Comment

I’ll happily pay more for the better coach not the better patch. I’ve been watching the coaches. GA coaches seem very good.
          Hence the prior comments, multiple times, to pick for fit and coaching not the patch. Keep in mind what you see locally won't always translate to other clubs or regions, but you have topics among your local options

Comment

SSS would be near the top of northeast ECNL standings? You have no idea what you are talking about. This is a 2007 thread and the 07 Select team would be the last or second to last place team in the conference.
            Not 07 but in 08 SSS and Scorpions are fairly close - within a goal each time they play. SSS is 2nd in a conference of 9 GA teams - three of who are terrible and automatic wins. Scorpions are 6th in their conference of 9 teams and there's not a gimme in the bunch.

As the kids get older, the ECNL teams are simply stronger from top to bottom and the competition week to week is more consistent because of it. NEFC and SSS will just keep beating up on the teams in their conference and then travel to Champions Cup 3 times a year to lose to mediocre teams there.

Comment

Not 07 but in 08 SSS and Scorpions are fairly close - within a goal each time they play. SSS is 2nd in a conference of 9 GA teams - three of who are terrible and automatic wins. Scorpions are 6th in their conference of 9 teams and there's not a gimme in the bunch.

As the kids get older, the ECNL teams are simply stronger from top to bottom and the competition week to week is more consistent because of it. NEFC and SSS will just keep beating up on the teams in their conference and then travel to Champions Cup 3 times a year to lose to mediocre teams there.
              If Scorpions don't have a gimme in the ECNL NE Conference I wouldn't brag about that because it's not an indicator of the strength of the conference. Even die-hard ECNL wonks know there are a couple of weak clubs.

True that as they get older the ECNL teams get stronger but MA based ECNL teams keep getting spanked whenever they leave the borders of New England so congrats on being top of the ECNL rubbish pile.

Comment

If Scorpions don't have a gimme in the ECNL NE Conference I wouldn't brag about that because it's not an indicator of the strength of the conference. Even die-hard ECNL wonks know there are a couple of weak clubs.

True that as they get older the ECNL teams get stronger but MA based ECNL teams keep getting spanked whenever they leave the borders of New England so congrats on being top of the ECNL rubbish pile.
                From the person who pays money to a trash club that can’t even get admitted to the “ECNL rubbish pile.” LMFAO

Comment

I think the posters point was this: you (or someone else) bragged that SSS played tight games with Scorps and stated
                  this proved SSS had quality. The poster pointed out that Scorps is at or near the bottom of their division, indicating that Scorps lacks quality. Since SSS plays tight games with Scorps, that would indicate SSS, also lacks quality and would be at or near the bottom of ECNL in NE. To take it further, this means that the top of GA is on par with the bottom of ECNL at this age group in NE.

Comment

I know we talk about it a lot here, but does anyone care and does it matter if New England teams can compete nationally? If it's all about the spot on a college team, there are some kids doing alright there.

Comment

I think the posters point was this: you (or someone else) bragged that SSS played tight games with Scorps and stated
                      this proved SSS had quality. The poster pointed out that Scorps is at or near the bottom of their division, indicating that Scorps lacks quality. Since SSS plays tight games with Scorps, that would indicate SSS, also lacks quality and would be at or near the bottom of ECNL in NE. To take it further, this means that the top of GA is on par with the bottom of ECNL at this age group in NE.
                      Scorps also plays tight games with Stars Blue and White so...

Comment

"at or near the bottom of the division?" Scorpions 2007 are in 5th, behind CFC, Stars Blue, SUSA & World Class. Same place they finished last season.

Comment

I know we talk about it a lot here, but does anyone care and does it matter if New England teams can compete nationally? If it's all about the spot on a college team, there are some kids doing alright there.
                          They should care if their kid has college aspirations. The area doesn't turn out a lot of top D1 talent so adjust your sights accordingly. They also should do a reality check next time "Emily's team is #1 in MA!" Emily's team will probably get crushed by the #8 team from CA.

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post

from the person who pays money to a trash club that can’t even get admitted to the “ecnl rubbish pile.” lmfao
                            ha!! Yea, get him johnny!!

Comment

Comparing GA to ECNL is like comparing McDonalds to Burger King. Same product in different packaging. Some prefer Big Macs others Whoppers. Some states have more McDonald’s and some more BKs, but same same.

Comment

Comparing GA to ECNL is like comparing McDonalds to Burger King. Same product in different packaging. Some prefer Big Macs others Whoppers. Some states have more McDonald’s and some more BKs, but same same.
                                Except ECNL honks would have you believe they are Ruths Chris while serving up Arbys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X