Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The top 3 players on 06, 07,08 NEFC teams are undoubtedly better than players 6-10 on current rosters. If i was really honest I’m guessing the top HALF of and NEFC roster is better than the bottom half of an ECNL roster. At a minimum you would be looking at 3 players moving but as many as 8-9. The whole thing will get messy and parents will be mad, Probably the same parents celebrating the potential demise of GA
    Edit. Players 6-10 on ECNL rosters

Comment

The top 3 players on 06, 07,08 NEFC teams are undoubtedly better than players 6-10 on current rosters. If i was really honest I’m guessing the top HALF of and NEFC roster is better than the bottom half of an ECNL roster. At a minimum you would be looking at 3 players moving but as many as 8-9. The whole thing will get messy and parents will be mad, Probably the same parents celebrating the potential demise of GA
      What generally happens is that those top players can move and they replace kids who were at the bottom of the ECNL roster. There are generally not wholesale changes to teams at U15+. There will be a reshuffling of playing time, though and former starters MAy get relegated to bench or kids who were top 3 on former team show up and do not get the PT they anticipated.

I think it is unlikely you would see 6 NEFC kids show up on the team but 3 is legit and they will push out the bottom ECNL kids and there will be new competition for positions and time.

Comment

I hate to break this news to you but the "demise" of this league or that league, or shuffling, or whatever is nothing new. There will ALWAYS be a constant influx of players seeking the limited ECNL roster spots. If you have been through it you know that kids with bags from every club around are attending practices week after week, year after year.

Which means if you have a kid in ECNL anywhere from U13-U17, they better be prepared for kids inside and certainly outside the club to constantly be trying to take their spot. This is nothing new, and the newest bestest superleague of the day that happens to be folding or reshuffling this year or next year is largely irrelevant.

If your kid makes it through from U13-U19 at that level they earned it. If they didn't then somebody else was better. Simple as that. Such is life at the top of the pyramid.

Comment

Even if you had the 9 top players leave NEFC at 08-06 (which i doubt would happen despite whatever league they are in) they wouldn't all show up at one club. They'd be disbursed between 3 ECNL clubs. Scorpions, Stars Blue & Stars White.

So you are talking, on average, 3 per team, if all nine left. I don't care what age, gender, league you play in. There are not many 11 v. 11 rosters out there that the bottom 3 kids aren't in jeopardy. That said, no club is getting rid of 6-9 of its current players for NEFC GA kids.

Comment

What generally happens is that those top players can move and they replace kids who were at the bottom of the ECNL roster. There are generally not wholesale changes to teams at U15+. There will be a reshuffling of playing time, though and former starters MAy get relegated to bench or kids who were top 3 on former team show up and do not get the PT they anticipated.

I think it is unlikely you would see 6 NEFC kids show up on the team but 3 is legit and they will push out the bottom ECNL kids and there will be new competition for positions and time.
            Ive been around... My point is if GA blows up, doesn’t exist, turns into NEP whatever, there will be 80% of players trying out for new clubs. Generally, I agree, players move. 1-3 new players every year, but if NEFC and SSS fails to remain relevant a load of players will move, not just the unhappy ones.

Comment

Even if you had the 9 top players leave NEFC at 08-06 (which i doubt would happen despite whatever league they are in) they wouldn't all show up at one club. They'd be disbursed between 3 ECNL clubs. Scorpions, Stars Blue & Stars White.

So you are talking, on average, 3 per team, if all nine left. I don't care what age, gender, league you play in. There are not many 11 v. 11 rosters out there that the bottom 3 kids aren't in jeopardy. That said, no club is getting rid of 6-9 of its current players for NEFC GA kids.
              Wow, a posted not based upon histrionics.

Comment

Ive been around... My point is if GA blows up, doesn’t exist, turns into NEP whatever, there will be 80% of players trying out for new clubs. Generally, I agree, players move. 1-3 new players every year, but if NEFC and SSS fails to remain relevant a load of players will move, not just the unhappy ones.
                Excellent post! Very true. This is why parents at select are a bit miffed with LL. While she becomes richer and more powerful, her teams will become irrelevant and kids from select will definitely leave

Comment

I’m not sure of that although it makes sense. Both clubs have had many of their players play together since U-9. I think at this point it would be very hard to get the top players on each team to leave, even if they sink to NPL from GA.

Comment

I’m not sure of that although it makes sense. Both clubs have had many of their players play together since U-9. I think at this point it would be very hard to get the top players on each team to leave, even if they sink to NPL from GA.
                    No matter if they played on the same team since age 2 the best players on both teams are going to make individual choices what is best for them going forward. Whether its going to an ECNL team or sticking it out and playing in the NPL or EDP. It's going to be individual choices.

Comment

No matter if they played on the same team since age 2 the best players on both teams are going to make individual choices what is best for them going forward. Whether its going to an ECNL team or sticking it out and playing in the NPL or EDP. It's going to be individual choices.
                      top players are definitely going to look at for themselves by U-15. Been there done that before and it's a total individual choice as to the best path. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

top players are definitely going to look at for themselves by U-15. Been there done that before and it's a total individual choice as to the best path. Nothing more nothing less.
                        Should be a no brainer for the top girls when GA is gone.

Comment

Should be a no brainer for the top girls when GA is gone.
                          My daughter is on another NEFC team but i can tell you that the top team in each age division had some very close girls who have played together. It might rough breaking them up but in the end some girls will leave.

Comment

My daughter is on another NEFC team but i can tell you that the top team in each age division had some very close girls who have played together. It might rough breaking them up but in the end some girls will leave.
                            Keeping teams together sounds lovely but in reality families/players make choices oices that work best for them. The kids will be fine. Some friendships will stick, some won't. That's how life works.

Comment

Keeping teams together sounds lovely but in reality families/players make choices oices that work best for them. The kids will be fine. Some friendships will stick, some won't. That's how life works.
                              I hope select absolutely destroys NEFC in this fight. Nicer parents who dont think their club is the best around. Id lmao if NEFC top players all leave the club instead of playing in edp.

Comment

I hope select absolutely destroys NEFC in this fight. Nicer parents who dont think their club is the best around. Id lmao if NEFC top players all leave the club instead of playing in edp.
                                Huh? What is wrong thinking that your kid plays for the best club? Best how? Maybe best for kid, logistically, financially, whatever. Please tell me you aren’t spending this money thinking your club isn’t the best for your family. Nicer parents? How is that not dependent on the team? broad brush, your kids team must’ve taken a beating somewhere that left a mark.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X