Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Soccer CLUBS NONPROFIT?????

Tell me your Club and what is driving your Director!

All the clubs are the same, cash money...

Comment

Clubs like Weston are non profit so they can receive charitable donations for funding. For example the highest single charitable donation to Weston FC this year was 1.1 million dollars from a one parent (I think they own an AC company) that has two players within the program.

Do you think that parent gets preferential treatment? Absolutely! This is the problem though, guys like Luis Mendoza actually get a percentage of the charitable donations that come into the club. The 1.1 million donation was brought in by Mendoza and he received roughly 20% of that donation on top of his salary.

There are many parents within Weston who own corporations and donate to the club. Some are dropping anywhere from 20k-50k and you guest it, they get preferential treatment. Nothing is illegal with with Weston FC receiving charitable donations. It just seems unethical when its coming from parents within the club and it creates and unfair situation for other players. Weston FC is pretty much just a rich country club that is lead by money hungry control freaks.

Comment

their "non-profit" status allows them to get access to city/state facilities because they are supposedly offering a public service that benefits the community. If they had to actually pay for all the land they occupy everyone would be paying $5k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Clubs like Weston are non profit so they can receive charitable donations for funding. For example the highest single charitable donation to Weston FC this year was 1.1 million dollars from a one parent (I think they own an AC company) that has two players within the program.

Do you think that parent gets preferential treatment? Absolutely! This is the problem though, guys like Luis Mendoza actually get a percentage of the charitable donations that come into the club. The 1.1 million donation was brought in by Mendoza and he received roughly 20% of that donation on top of his salary.

There are many parents within Weston who own corporations and donate to the club. Some are dropping anywhere from 20k-50k and you guest it, they get preferential treatment. Nothing is illegal with with Weston FC receiving charitable donations. It just seems unethical when its coming from parents within the club and it creates and unfair situation for other players. Weston FC is pretty much just a rich country club that is lead by money hungry control freaks.
          You sound like a broke hater!

Comment

Tell me your Club and what is driving your Director!
            Well. They sure don't want to pay taxes. IRS rules are supposed to prevent big salaries but they skirt around that. Not to mention all of the under the table stuff, like uniform company kickbacks, etc.

Comment

Non-profits mean that there are no owners of a company and it serves a public purpose. So in a nonprofit, it means you can't build up the business and sell it and walk away. The tax issue is separate. If it is a tax exempt non-profit it means if someone donates, they get a deduction.

Salaries can be huge in a non-profit. They just have to be reported to the IRS. Take a look at all these big hospital chains and university athletic associations and how much they pay in salaries. They just can't distribute profits.

Well. They sure don't want to pay taxes. IRS rules are supposed to prevent big salaries but they skirt around that. Not to mention all of the under the table stuff, like uniform company kickbacks, etc.

Comment

Non-profits mean that there are no owners of a company and it serves a public purpose. So in a nonprofit, it means you can't build up the business and sell it and walk away. The tax issue is separate. If it is a tax exempt non-profit it means if someone donates, they get a deduction.

Salaries can be huge in a non-profit. They just have to be reported to the IRS. Take a look at all these big hospital chains and university athletic associations and how much they pay in salaries. They just can't distribute profits.
                So you are comparing the importance of a big hospital chain CEO to youth soccer club director? Really?

Comment

Seems like you have a reading comprehension issue. The post was about soccer clubs being a non-profit, which is a legal and tax status that can apply to sports organizations as well as health care centers (like a hospital). It has nothing to do with caps on salary as a long as the salary can be justified by the work performed. It has to do with owners and profit distributions. Chambers of commerce can also be non-profits and they are all about profit.

So you are comparing the importance of a big hospital chain CEO to youth soccer club director? Really?

Comment

Seems like you have a reading comprehension issue. The post was about soccer clubs being a non-profit, which is a legal and tax status that can apply to sports organizations as well as health care centers (like a hospital). It has nothing to do with caps on salary as a long as the salary can be justified by the work performed. It has to do with owners and profit distributions. Chambers of commerce can also be non-profits and they are all about profit.
                    I can read and communicate just fine. Can you write the same way? You just stated not-for profits can pay huge salaries mentioning large hospital CEOs implying as if youth soccer clubs could or should do the same. Not all non-profits are the same clearly.

Comment

Non profit makes me laugh so much😂😂

Comment

Nothing of the sort was implied. The original poster seemed to think that being a non-profit was somehow a tax dodge (it isn't at least in a state with no corporate income tax like Florida) or limited salaries. Neither is true. Ever see what the CEO of the Red Cross makes? Now that will make you sick. The best non-profit scam is a church. Joel Osteen and his Ferraris are all earned from his non-profit endeavors. What soccer directors make is a pittance compared to what they could make if they were for-profit clubs.

I can read and communicate just fine. Can you write the same way? You just stated not-for profits can pay huge salaries mentioning large hospital CEOs implying as if youth soccer clubs could or should do the same. Not all non-profits are the same clearly.

Comment

Every year I donate to the non profit. Why can't I claim the donation on my taxes?

Comment

Still waiting for Florida Elite's 990 to be publically released.

Comment

You pay for a service so it is not tax deductible. If you donated without a kid playing AND they are also tax exempt, you can deduct.

Every year I donate to the non profit. Why can't I claim the donation on my taxes?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X