Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Boys Eastern MA Soccer

A little early with Memorial Day tournaments this weekend followed but the end of state cup but who is going to win? How many teams will be hurt by the DAP rule? Looks like a lot of Bay State League kids.

Too soon. We won't know until September.

Comment

who cares

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        who cares
        i care!!! I can't wait till all those dap kids leave high school soccer so my average kid gets to play more and maybe, just maybe gets to win a watered down league.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          A little early with Memorial Day tournaments this weekend followed but the end of state cup but who is going to win? How many teams will be hurt by the DAP rule? Looks like a lot of Bay State League kids.
          There are so few players affected by the DAP rule that it won't be as relevant as headline-writers hope. There's something like 350 public HS boys teams in Mass., or about 7000 players. Many DAPers are in private school, so it's maybe 1% of players, or 1-2 kids per league on average. Soccer is such a team sport that a couple of outstanding players are not as essential as 10-15 very good players. Ludlow HS probably has the best long-term record in Mass. HS soccer, but perhaps no DAPers.

Comment

It's not as early as you think, Dap tryouts are right around the corner, and the decisions will have to be made.The Bay State league does appear as though it could loose a number of players. It will be interesting to see what these boys decide to do.

Comment

i care!!! I can't wait till all those dap kids leave high school soccer so my average kid gets to play more and maybe, just maybe gets to win a watered down league.
              DAP Nation is proud of you. Well done. Let us know when you graduate from that community college.

Comment

The teams to beat in D1 all have big DAP players, Weymouth Needham ect. Wont hurt as much at D2 and there are not many if any playing d3. With that being said, any teams show well last year with a young team?

Comment

The teams to beat in D1 all have big DAP players, Weymouth Needham ect. Wont hurt as much at D2 and there are not many if any playing d3. With that being said, any teams show well last year with a young team?
                  I believe there's a few D3 high school players on DAP rosters, and historically those teams tend to go deep. Rockport, for example, had 3 a couple of years ago.

Comment

The impact will be negligible. Needham could be impacted and Weymouth could lose a GK, but other than that this topic is way overrated. Traditional powers like Brockton and New Bedford will be strong, and if there is any DAP effect beneficiaries could be teams like Nauset, Silver Lake and BC High (but these will be strong teams regardless).

Comment

I believe there's a few D3 high school players on DAP rosters, and historically those teams tend to go deep. Rockport, for example, had 3 a couple of years ago.
                      Thanks Mom!

Comment

Glad somone is defending D3 HS soccer...not all the best players play or have played D1 or D2 HS soccer as there are many in D3 who are quite good and have done quite well in the college game.

Comment

The impact will be negligible. Needham could be impacted and Weymouth could lose a GK, but other than that this topic is way overrated. Traditional powers like Brockton and New Bedford will be strong, and if there is any DAP effect beneficiaries could be teams like Nauset, Silver Lake and BC High (but these will be strong teams regardless).
                          BCH has zero and they went deeper than both Weymouth and Needham.

Comment

As the saying goes, Weymouth and Needham just re-load, they don't need to rebuild. Weymouth has many players on MPS Crusaders U17 and Crusaders United U16, both top club teams. Supposedly their 2nd keeper is excellent as well. Needham was deep enough that an excellent forward played center back.

Comment

BCH has zero and they went deeper than both Weymouth and Needham.
                              The regular season is more indicative of overall quality, but fair point that in soccer, quality depth matters more than a limited number of outstanding players. Norwood and Natick have DAP players, but that hasn't been enough to win much in their HS league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X