Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grade OPL

After two years its time to hand out grades for OPL.

Please assign A B C D F for the following categories:

1. Scheduling

2. Travel

3. Officials present

4. Official's game performance

5. League administration

6. Association Transparency

7. Association Discipline

8. Improved Competition

9. Improved Training ie ID camps

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer

1. Scheduling - C Not terrible not good

2. Travel - C Same amount of travel or more but not unexpected

3. Officials present -C Apparently no better at getting refs than their competition

4. Official's game performance - C Same old same old

5. League administration - C No change neither bad or good

6. Association Transparency - D I have no idea what we are up to and I read things on here before anything comes out

7. Association Discipline - N/A I am not sure what this is so I can't give a grade

8. Improved Competition - C Same competition without a few of the local teams

9. Improved Training ie ID camps - C Nothing that i have noticed. Timbers DA does not go to OPL or OYSA

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer F Need to fix the rift

Assumptions -
    Being ranked on their performance and not being rated against other's performance
    The F is because of the rift

Comment

grade

1. Scheduling A+ OPL has been very flexible with our schedule allowing us to play more games outside the OPL schedule even last minute. OYSA was never flexible

2. Travel Last year a A this year B. OYSA was a F so still better

3. Officials presen, A never had anything but 3 at our games

4. Official's game performance, B about the same as OYSA they do their best

5. League administration, A first rate state cup and league.

6. Association Transparency N/A more worried about this at the club level.

7. Association Discipline, N/A don't know

8. Improved Competition, A yes the NWCL and Pacific Coast Super Cup, more games for very little money and lots of fun OYSA never would have done this.

9. Improved Training ie ID camps. N/A Training is a club thing. ODP trainings lets face it suck and are a joke. ID camps is US Club function.

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer. A great direction. The OPL is looking to see what is best for Oregon Soccer not anyone else, no regional or national connection. Look at the recruiting classes both U-18 boys and girls are going places.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        1. Scheduling A+ OPL has been very flexible with our schedule allowing us to play more games outside the OPL schedule even last minute. OYSA was never flexible

2. Travel Last year a A this year B. OYSA was a F so still better

3. Officials presen, A never had anything but 3 at our games

4. Official's game performance, B about the same as OYSA they do their best

5. League administration, A first rate state cup and league.

6. Association Transparency N/A more worried about this at the club level.

7. Association Discipline, N/A don't know

8. Improved Competition, A yes the NWCL and Pacific Coast Super Cup, more games for very little money and lots of fun OYSA never would have done this.

9. Improved Training ie ID camps. N/A Training is a club thing. ODP trainings lets face it suck and are a joke. ID camps is US Club function.

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer. A great direction. The OPL is looking to see what is best for Oregon Soccer not anyone else, no regional or national connection. Look at the recruiting classes both U-18 boys and girls are going places.
        Start with an A+ for scheduling and you immediately lose all credibility. Dumbest post ever.

Comment

1. Scheduling - B (we are relatively new to this, Daughter is playing U11)

2. Travel - A (but at U11 we don't travel)

3. Officials present - B (haven't had any problems)

4. Official's game performance - C (they deserve better, but I'm an angry parent... :-)

5. League administration - N/A (I have no clue.... We just show up to practice and play)

6. Association Transparency - N/A (Wouldn't know what I was looking for.)

7. Association Discipline - N/A (not even sure what this means.)

8. Improved Competition - A ( Daughter played U11 last year, playing up, and there are more teams and pretty competitive, at this age there is some 'shaking out needed and some teams were obviously in the wrong division...)

9. Improved Training ie ID camps N/A (Not really interested, maybe in a couple of years.)

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer - N/A

Comment

1. Scheduling - "B" ----- Ok, but not really any different they we used to have at OYSA. We havent had to reschedule yet this year, nor did we our last year at OYSA

2. Travel - "B" ---- Actually I miss somewhat having to go to bend and medford area. Made for a good time to chat with my kids and spend some undivided time with them in the car and get out of town

3. Officials present C-D This year alone we have had 2 games with 2 refs and 1 game where the AR didnt show up til well in the 1st half. We never had the problem at OYSA. Other might have, but we didnt.

4. Official's game performance C Officiating is always subjective. Things happen where the center ref cant see it, and the AR is focusing on the last defender. I know this. But overall the quality of the officials seems to be spotty at best. I have found the "new crop" of ref's to be less experienced.

5. League administration B Not the best, but not the worst. Cant say that either have directly impacted our players team directly in any way.

6. Association Transparency C OPL seems to be very transparent. Sometimes a little too much when important issues arise.

7. Association Discipline B-C I can remember the first year, when some were crying foul when an OPL club team would seem to get some sort of unfair advantage when a league decision was made. It never happen to us. However, I dont believe that the OPL has any definitive rules with regards to infraction violation repercussions.

8. Improved Competition C Same old teams still playing each other. What were we expect, some new crop of teams to emerge from no where ?

9. Improved Training ie ID camps C-D This I have some strong feelings about. Although our player has been invited and attended, others that are truly worthy were not. The process is sooo subjective and biased, it's never going to work. At least with ODP, you go to tryouts, you have all weekend to put up your best for the evaluators to see. You either show it or your dont. Sure there has been controversy with regards to the evaluation process at the younger ages at ODP, but for the most part it's a fair process and gives everyone a chance.

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer D - F Failure. They have done nothing to improve development in this state. They are nothing more then an organization that is here to administer a competitive league with a season ending tourney. Any club could do this just as well. They need to offer more back to ALL the clubs that support their en devours in the way of coaching clinics, elite development training and/or advanced winter (off season) play.

Comment

Yet another OYSA post.

Comment

Yet another OYSA post.
                And yours is just another OPL reply. Congrats on your fine inner sense and outstanding intuition.

Comment

Please assign A B C D F for the following categories:

1. Scheduling - B-C It is okay to average

2. Travel - C We have had some crappy scheduling but I know that it can be difficult to administer

3. Officials present C - Have not had 3 yet but I take it that our fees included budget for 3

4. Official's game performance C - Too many games being called on officiating alone and not in a good way

5. League administration C No better and no worse than we have experienced with OYSA and then OPL

6. Association Transparency C- Not getting much info

7. Association Discipline N/A Don't know

8. Improved Competition C - Sorry but it is the same people and teams

9. Improved Training ie ID camps F - Agree with other poster and now that OPL doesn't support ODP it is really bad

10. Benefit to Oregon Soccer F - A split between the organizations is not in the best interest of soccer for all

Comment

And yours is just another OPL reply. Congrats on your fine inner sense and outstanding intuition.
                    The stupidity of this post, thread, and this forum entirely is that non-soccer literate morons are post nonsense constantly.

Yes, that is what this forum is comprised of. Soccer moms who don't know sh!t about soccer. You're grading something you're simply not qualified to grade. Nothing you morons post can be taken seriously - except by other soccer moms.

Maybe you should all get together and hash this out over coffee after you drop your kids off at school....

Comment

The stupidity of this post, thread, and this forum entirely is that non-soccer literate morons are post nonsense constantly.

Yes, that is what this forum is comprised of. Soccer moms who don't know sh!t about soccer. You're grading something you're simply not qualified to grade. Nothing you morons post can be taken seriously - except by other soccer moms.

Maybe you should all get together and hash this out over coffee after you drop your kids off at school....
                      Did someone hit a nerve? Wow anger management may be in order

Comment

I guess we must all assume that at 8:15am (the time that you posted), your still at home UNEMPLOYED with nothing better to do then to worry about and read the worthless crap others (moronic soccer moms) are spewing here.

Spend your time more wisely then if you dont like what you read. Get a J.O.B. and be more productive in society.

Comment

Go on. Keep pretending you have any idea about what you are talking about. After all, you have sat on the sidelines for years watching your children play soccer. Makes you an expert.... Right?

Comment

I guess we must all assume that at 8:15am (the time that you posted), your still at home UNEMPLOYED with nothing better to do then to worry about and read the worthless crap others (moronic soccer moms) are spewing here.

Spend your time more wisely then if you dont like what you read. Get a J.O.B. and be more productive in society.
                            I guess that means you are posting AT WORK!! Lazy good for 'nuttin. You should be ashamed cheating your boss like that.

Comment

Did someone hit a nerve? Wow anger management may be in order
                              Have you read these forums much? Anger and ignorance is about all you read here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X